• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Please note: "Diddy haters welcome, we love a good debate!"

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Long time no see guys. You are now looking at the greastest Smasher ever (in my college dormhouse) I won a tournament using my Kirby. Man it wasn't easy.

BTW: Diddy pwns

Peeze

Smash Master
But from what I played of the F-Zero series 10 years ago, Goroh rides around in a futuristic car just like Captain Falcon! Therefore, even though I'm not in a position to claim who's going to be a clone or not, Goroh will be a clone of Falcon. Nope, don't care if he's a Samurai, because he's from the F-Zero series, and by law each character from the same fanchise has to be a clone of each other. Because characters tend to play similarly to each other in their respective games. Most which I have hardly ever played. Giving me no creditablity what-so-ever.

Hell, let's just throw out every single character other than Mario, because we all know that somehow everybody's going to be a clone of him somehow!

EverysinglefreakingidiotSSBBcharacter-wise UNITE!
Wtf is this guy talking about? i honestly am utterly confused. Are you saying Goroh will be a clone, or was that sarcasm aimed towards me?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's sarcasm. And yeah, if you use the same logic for Goroh as for Diddy, Goroh would indeed be a clone.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Diddy being a small DK is one of the dumbest things i've ever heard. Just because he is from the same franchise, you automatically assume he would be a clone? Diddy and DK have had separate movesets in every DK Game.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
No, Diddy and Dk would be clones cause didy is a smaller dk. Goroh is not a bigger Falcon, he's way different.
Peeze, you're an alright guy, and your posts are normally enteratining, but that's just stupid.

Diddy is NOT a smaller DK, because DK is a gorilla, diddy is a monkey. Diddy has a TAIL.

Diddy doesn't have DK's upper body strength.

By this logic, Diddy IS NOT a smaller DK. Have you been taking advice from the Basement Dweller?

primusfan

Smash Ace
I hate when people jump in on threads and talk about what they don't know. Find one post where i said since they're from the same franchise they'll be clones and I'll STFU.
Well, I'm not gonna be a jerk cause I like to have "friendly debate". I can't find a post about that, I just assume that's what you were talking about.

And also, I didn't just "jump in" to this thread. I've been in this thread almost since it began. I just haven't posted in a while.

Peeze

Smash Master
Kazuki your a funny guy too but you also jumped in at the wrong time. That quote was taken out of context. Look back life 5 pages and at the Dr Mario Thread(yeah we argued there too) and the countless other diddy threads and you'll seee the whole argument.
Oh and no way would I go down to that guys basement for advice from him. He hasn't left the same spot for 8 years it stinks down there. :chuckle:

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Kazuki your a funny guy too but you also jumped in at the wrong time. That quote was taken out of context. Look back life 5 pages and at the Dr Mario Thread(yeah we argued there too) and the countless other diddy threads and you'll seee the whole argument.
Oh and no way would I go down to that guys basement for advice from him. He hasn't left the same spot for 8 years it stinks down there. :chuckle:
No that's just the mold from my basement flooding all the time.

Peeze

Smash Master
HAHAHHAHa funny stuff TBD.
Anyways since I only played DKC for snes and not 64 can someone correct my ignorance and tell me what the different moves diddy had was.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
He was developed more after that series try looking at DK64 he has a wide variety of moves that almost all of them are different from DK. Also a flooded basement isn't funny have you ever tried to dry carpet before it completely molds? Not to mention if it does mold it has been scientifically proven that it could potentially kill you.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
NO it's not it takes about two weeks untill it is completely dry. Some of his more popular moves are his Chimpy Charge, Jet Pack, Peanut Popguns, and Cartwheel.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
No, Diddy and Dk would be clones cause didy is a smaller dk. Goroh is not a bigger Falcon, he's way different.
Just wanted to say, this is the dumbest thing I have read in a LONG time. Diddy is completely different from DK. Taking into account their wild variance in body size and shape, there's also the fact that Diddy moves much differently than DK, and has his peanut popguns, and a jetpack, and his guitar. DK has none of that, and they are nothing alike. They are not even close to being clones.

On the other hand. Samurai Goroh is a human. Captain Falcon is a human. They both drive race cars.

They are MUCH more similar than DK and Diddy ever will be.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Just wanted to say, this is the dumbest thing I have read in a LONG time. Diddy is completely different from DK. Taking into account their wild variance in body size and shape, there's also the fact that Diddy moves much differently than DK, and has his peanut popguns, and a jetpack, and his guitar. DK has none of that, and they are nothing alike. They are not even close to being clones.

On the other hand. Samurai Goroh is a human. Captain Falcon is a human. They both drive race cars.

They are MUCH more similar than DK and Diddy ever will be.
Much thanks Little McFoxy finally you have done something useful.:chuckle:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
peeze, i have to ask you. did you check your wording before you sent in your post? because what you said makes no sense. did you know that diddy is a chimp and dk is a gorilla? i mean even in the real world monkeys can do things gorillas can't and vice-versa.

anyway, diddy in dk64 has his peanut guns, his jetpack, his chimpy charge, his guitar, cartwheels, that move where he curls his tail into a spring and propels himself higher, i mean he can do what dk can't!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Peeze is just hired by Nintendo EAD. :p

Anyways im feeling sooo **** fizzy now! I went out tonight. And **** I need some dancing lessons. :D Dude... Im getting SUCH a ****ing big headache tomorrow!

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
lol, that's funny kaid
i can't believe that someone said dk and diddy would be clones
diddy does many attacks with his tail and is much more acrobatic
dk uses his fists (and i don't even have dk64 and yet i know diddy won't be a clone)
also, i don't like that pokemon, he is fire and fighting, seems like a ripoff of blaziken(who btw, rules and should be in brawl)

kaid

Smash Master

(speaks japaneese)
Subtitles:
Bah! I did not come here to debate my superiority over that jumpy chicken!
I have come to challange the one called "Diddy" to a battle for dominance!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
nah, more like snake and jigglypuff. sorry to all puff fans, but i like to make fun of it.

we need to sign petitions to have sakurai give us more info, or at least tell us that diddy will be in and show whoever hates diddy (peeze, i'm talking to YOU) and show how much potential he has. dammit i hate waiting.

diddy for brawl......

monkey power!

Top Bottom