• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Your right...that isn't slightly different..it's exactly the same as before. He had the same goofy grin in the Melee intro.

Really, complaining about the JB 'redesign' (which it wasn't, because DK looks exactly the same) is pretty nitpicky. How many of you complained where they went from the original DK design to the Country one?

Besides, isn't this topic about Diddy Monkey? Because Diddy Monkey is cool.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
maybe they think with over 100 pages any hate they can bring would be crushed the second after they posted, and it most likely will, or it they may just be the only one and never give up, that would keep the thread alive but it would get boring after awile,(ex andross debate)

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I supect the organ grinders of using Leprechauns instead of monkeys so I am against them. DK has a tie though does he count and he is the star so doesn't he take priority?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Oh, so they do something slightly different in one game...oooooh-kay then.:dizzy:
slightly different? They changed DK's personality from a beach combing pacifist who likes to get help from his friends and family to a rude jack arse who likes to beat things up for no reason. They gave him sausage like fingers, an ugly toothy grin and darker fur. They replaced all the characters from the Donkey Kong games and replaced them with unlikable jerks. They got rid of any trace of storyline and said that his whole goal was to become king of kings. They also threw in some worthless bongos and if you wanted to play it with the controllers it got annoying very fast.

Why are his teeth so white if he's an ape?
And what shampoo does he use, his hair's nice and clean.
he's not an ape he's a kong. I would say his fur is dirty he's always had a light coloured fur.

Xianfeng I actually liked the different Kongs. It was cool to finally see an evil Kong, but I do think they should have at least gave them more personality other than emotionless robot enemy.
They could have been cool but Nintendo EAD ****ed them up like everything else in that game.

Get over it xian everthing won't be tailored to your personal preferrances.
doesn't mean they have to screw over absoloutly everything from the old games, if they had replaced the gibbon monkeys with the kongs, replaced those animal buddies with the classic ones and given those stupid bad kongs some personality it wouldn't have been as insulting.

Well they're trying their best, and THAT'S WHAT COUNTS, right?
Then their best sucks.

I doubt you can do any better.
If I wasn't one of the programmers and the guy telling them what to do then I could do a lot better than that.

Your right...that isn't slightly different..it's exactly the same as before. He had the same goofy grin in the Melee intro.
so he never had it in the Donkey Kong countys, lands, 64 or king of swing.

How many of you complained where they went from the original DK design to the Country one?
no one because modern donkey kong is just jr. grown up. Rare said that many times during Donkey Kong Country, I wouldn't have anyway because Donkey Kong Country was the first game I ever played hence the sentimental attachment to the series as a whole, hence why I found Jungle Beat to be crap, it had nothing not one thing from Donkey Kong Country.

Really, complaining about the JB 'redesign' (which it wasn't, because DK looks exactly the same) is pretty nitpicky.
I can not see how he looks the same as he does in Donkey Kong 64 and Donkey Kong Countrys in JB he like everything else was crap. Makes me wonder if you've even seen the country DK.

Australia has killer sting rays
and america has towers that fall over.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
i hate having no wrath
i'm in the marching band and the marching band has no wrath
out winterguard however has the most wrath of anyone in school
holymarth almost felt that wrath lol
yeah so that was probably the most off topic post yet and that's bad in this thread so
diddy rocks(literally)

Peeze

Smash Master
I don't think hes a terrorist just they have crappy news over there. Don't you guys have like BBC or something? You know how reliable those brits are.(<<<<<saarcasm if u can't tell)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Whoa, not cool. they didn't fall over they were knocked down. I'm not taking it personally but i know some people who lost people on 9/11 and that's still sensitive for them.
I second this. Hey, if Steve didn't remove the barb, they may have been able to save him. 9/11 was an attack that killed thousands just because they were American. Which is worse; one celebrity dying that pratically doomed himself or thousands of innocent people dying?

Peeze

Smash Master
Thanx giant. Although australians practically worshipped that guy, he was partially at fault for playing with something that shouldn't be played with. Those people in the towers were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
They couldn't have saved steve because the barb went straight to his heart, pretty much instant death. I think that after 5 years you would have got over it, I mean your president has sent your country and heaps of other countries over there to kill the ******* and you already have saddam. We didn't worship steve it's just that he was an icon and an embassador, the amount of time, energy and money he spent on the animals is amasing, he loved the animals. Peeze that's not funny, you guys don't have any great americans from what I can tell but if there was one american for you that summed up your country and then they were killed you wouldn't be making jokes a month after they died.
Whoa, not cool. they didn't fall over they were knocked down. I'm not taking it personally but i know some people who lost people on 9/11 and that's still sensitive for them.
It's been 5 years, sure it was sad but we heard about it one day and then the next we didn't care.
I don't think hes a terrorist just they have crappy news over there. Don't you guys have like BBC or something? You know how reliable those brits are.(<<<<<saarcasm if u can't tell)
BBC is what your ABC is based on and it's a lot more reliable than fox.
Thanx giant. Although australians practically worshipped that guy, he was partially at fault for playing with something that shouldn't be played with. Those people in the towers were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Steve was filming some footage for his daughter's TV show, his new camera man was too close and the stingray felt boxed in so it attacked and killed steve.
An Austailian terrorist interesting.
there is one in Iraq he sent a video threatning Melbourne, bloody Melbourne said that Canberra is Australia's 7th biggest mistake.

Here is his daughter bindi at steve's funeral, when this was on TV...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtTf96Iuhaw

Top Bottom