• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
This was when she was working over in the states, she still worked there but when she married her Australian husband she moved down here and became my english teacher.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I know he's from Australia, but I couldn't why he was suprised that an american was doing it. Would he be suprised if a Norwegian did it? Or a swahillian? Sorry, but this topic has gotten REALLY off topic.

Diddy for brawl ?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
The bolded statement ment that bad stuff happens in America all the time, like that trucker that tied up 4 almish girls and shot them in the head and then he shot him self last night.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
This was when she was working over in the states, she still worked there but when she married her Australian husband she moved down here and became my english teacher.
Oh. If it happened in America than of course it isn't surprising. Heck, four-year-olds have guns around here. I blame our public schools.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
That can happen anywhere. The world is a violent place now and it is everywhere not just in America. America just gets more attention because it is more in the world's eye than other countries.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
That can happen anywhere. The world is a violent place now and it is everywhere not just in America. America just gets more attention because it is more in the world's eye than other countries.
Except for Switzerland. They don't fight period. They are so famous for not fighting they got a mention in Smash as a bonus point. "Never hit anyone, never got hit" is what you have to do to get it if I remember correctly. But even there, they must have like one bad guy.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
No it is never even attack, but yeah there was a hostage situation where four or five people were killed not to long ago I heard about it in European History class when we were doing current events.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
We don't have many crazy gun nuts, in my entire life I have heard of about 3 in Australia because we have strict gun laws, over in the states you have practically no gun laws, very loose very bad. I'm still suprised there are good places over there with all the stuff I hear...

Diddy for Brawl.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
We don't have many crazy gun nuts, in my entire life I have heard of about 3 in Australia because we have strict gun laws, over in the states you have practically no gun laws, very loose very bad. I'm still suprised there are good places over there with all the stuff I hear...

Diddy for Brawl.
America is a pretty big place. I think it was ranked the 4th largest country on Earth.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Population does matter I was just saying we're a big place with only a few people, like a bus that can hold 50 people with only 10 people on it.
Snap. Over here in San Jose people have to wait for the bus to make another trip because of so many people. That was UNTIL I got my license however :)

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Crazy Crazy people...

Diddy for Brawl! And not a **** Nintendo redo, keep it true to the original Rare model or he will suck and also he has to draw moves from Rare games none of this Nintendo **** they seem to be pulling on him.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Crazy Crazy people...

Diddy for Brawl! And not a **** Nintendo redo, keep it true to the original Rare model or he will suck and also he has to draw moves from Rare games none of this Nintendo **** they seem to be pulling on him.
None of that is a problem because it is Sakurai that is calling the shots not Nintendo. By the way, I was thinking of making a Sora Studio thread (Sakurai's studio) on what the future of that place might be. Should I make it or is it a waste of time? It would be in the Light House by the way.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Crazy Crazy people...

I could see DK gettting a remake (which he got in Jungle Beat, but his remake and overall personality sucked and ruined the game), but can you imagine diddy with dark fur and a "don't mess with me, I'll eat your children" attitude that DK got? By looking at the bongo Blast pics, it looks like only little things such as eye color as xainfeng pointed out. Personality is still as good as ever it seems:)

icymatt

Smash Lord
You guys must have some sort of of Gorilla-related ESP, because when I played JB, I didn't notice a difference in Donkey other than more detailed hair.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
when I think of Donkey Kong I think of this, a loveable kind monkey who sometimes enlists of the help of his friends and family.

When Nintendo thinks of Donkey Kong they think of this, a rude jackarse who goes around beating people up purely so he can become "king of kings"

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Double post to proove point.
When I think of Donkey Kong's best friend my mind skips to Diddy Kong

When Nintendo thinks of Donkey Kong's best friend they think to these furry little white moronic toads.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
When I think of Donkey Kong's Arch Rival my mind skips to K.Rool and the Kremling Krew.

When Nintendo thinks of Donkey Kong's Arch Rival their mind skips to lots of generic faceless unlikable bland kongs.

Peeze

Smash Master

Diddy for Brawl.
Australia has killer sting rays :chuckle:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ask Nintendo EAD for that. They are resposible for that.
And yeah I agree his teeth are too white. That's why the toothy grin is so horrible. It doesn't suit DK nor any ape at all.

And xianfeng, where did Nintendo confirm Donkey Kong Wii is gonna be a 3D platformer?

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Xianfeng I actually liked the different Kongs. It was cool to finally see an evil Kong, but I do think they should have at least gave them more personality other than emotionless robot enemy.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Yeah prove it and anyway that post has no relevancy to me saying that they don't make a game to satisfy one person they make a game to entertain the masses and those masses must make sacrifices in the games they play realizing no game will be perfectly suited to what they want. The game designers don't even make games that are perfect in thier opinion. Sure they may like the game they make and are proud of the game if it does well, but nothing is ever completely perfect.

Top Bottom