• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did you listen?

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
A couple of days ago on the blog, they said...

Though I can’t ask you to stop playing what is perhaps your favorite game for an entire month, I can ask you to start fresh, and to do whatever it takes to make that happen. To represent the change I wish to see in the world, I will personally put Melee down until Brawl for the new year.
Will you put down Melee until brawl? I decided to put it down starting tomorrow, because thats when my break ends and the dojo starts back up...

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
This was said by kirbykid in the super smash blog, entitled "To My Fellow Smashers..."

Sorry I couldn't edit it in, the button isn't working...

rblair

Smash Cadet
pretty soon ima start playing with items to get used to em again, since ima play ssbb with items (for the most part at least). Honestly i'll play more melee close to the release to stay fresh. but when brawl comes out i doubt i'll play melee much if at all

sarevok6

Smash Rookie
i can, i officialy cant play until april anyway and brawl will be out so no sweat here

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
pretty soon ima start playing with items to get used to em again, since ima play ssbb with items (for the most part at least). Honestly i'll play more melee close to the release to stay fresh. but when brawl comes out i doubt i'll play melee much if at all
I agree (minus the items), i will prolly put brawl down until after finals, but i don't think i will be able to put it down longer than that... (11 days from now...) I will definatly pick it up before brawl to stay fresh...

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
i can, i officialy cant play until april anyway and brawl will be out so no sweat here
Same with me, I didn't played Melee for weeks now.
A-Levels coming fast...

Arshen

Smash Cadet
No Melee here. When Rock Band entered this house, little brother somehow broke the disc by putting the drum set's kick pedal right on top of the game.

But if I had to choose? I would up until the day before release, just in case that Gamestop holding a tournament rumor is true.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
I will play the hell out of melee until february 9th. because after that glistening moment in history, I may never touch melee again.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
I haven't touched my copy of Melee for a while, so I'll have no problem with that resolution.

The question is, though - will Melee become obsolete when Brawl comes out? Brawl looks pretty different, sure, but Melee was different from 64 and not a whole lot of people play 64 anymore.

Meow-Mix

Smash Cadet
I stopped playing Melee for several months, then I played again for a little while, and stopped again. It gets kinda boring when you're like me and don't know many others who own smash bros. I do play the N64 one online when I get bored though. not playing the first two Smash Bros games as much helps build anticipation for Brawl in my opinion.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
We play SSB 64 in the break room at my work all the time. My friend Mike and I have become the best at it in the store, which is a nice ego boost. Too bad some of the guys who are decent at 64 absolutely destroy at Melee. It's my moment in the sun though.

Kamaka

Smash Cadet
My friend and I made resolutions to not play smash until brawl came out.

we broke that on jan 1st...

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I play melee on weekends with my freinds... so... I might play it right up till it comes out... but I definately won't miss melee! Well I will miss it at first. but I will get over it, just like with the 64 version,

Anyone who says the 64 version is better than melee is kidding themselvs, anyone who says BRAWL is worse than melee is kidding themselvs, its already better for me cuz of the new characters, stages, music, story, online, everything... list goes on

Igneous42

Smash Ace
No because i'm using Melee (and smash64) to countdown brawl.. Play all three single player modes as a char per day for 25 days.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Quite the opposite, I've started playing Melee again in honor of Brawl. I'd taken a break practically since I got the Wii, but lately I've been playing with my brother and a couple friends.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I haven't played that game in well over a year. As far as I know the disc is horribly scratched anyway. I lost interest in it long ago to be honest.

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
I haven't played Melee for along time, I've been playing SSB a lot though.

*50th Post* I win.

krynny

Smash Cadet
i think i can put melee down until brawl comes out. shouldnt be too hard for me i think. though, once brawl is out i dont think i can put it down for another 5 years like i did the first two.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
I play the game competitively, and Brawl might not come out in Europe for awhile... so until that day that brawl comes out, I'm going to play Melee, and I don't care if I miss being able to WD, R/L-Cancel (without having to FF my move) when brawl comes out, I'll just need to deal with it.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I dont really see why you would need to stop playing melee they're both going to be good games we know melee is and brawl will be good as well.

darkhamsterlord

Smash Apprentice
No because i'm using Melee (and smash64) to countdown brawl.. Play all three single player modes as a char per day for 25 days.
Awesome idea. I'm gonna do that when my countdown clock hits 25!

Anyways, what's the point in not playing SSBM for a month or so? Is it so you're not used to Wavedashing and stuff or something?

I don't use advanced techniques anyways, I also play with Items, so there doesn't seem to be much point in it for me.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
I can't even find my copy of Melee right now... I can play again once I go back to school though.

Top Bottom