• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

did captian falcon break his knee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
captain falcon's knee got so bad i fergot that he was in the game and i had dittos with someone and i had no knee's. wth.

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
lol. i got to practice with that. sooner or later it'l get better.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
While the knee was stronger in Melee, Melee knee could not make poeple trip or pause a sweetspot knee for a second to let in anyone else who passes through to receive high knockback. For me, it is easier to ledgehop the Brawl knee. I beleive that the Brawl knee is useful in other ways while the Melee knee is simply better at killing.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Melee knee was too abusive in most cases, but as it stands now, as long as you know how to time it, you can pull it off whenever the heck ya want. Really, it's not that hard.

BA-Leif

Smash Cadet
i need to practise sweetspotting aswell ...but its better that way^^

cfalcon is a char you have to learn to play with ...not a boring char like MK or snake or Ike, where you dont need so much practise, because nearly every beginner is quite good with these

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Melee knee was too abusive in most cases, but as it stands now, as long as you know how to time it, you can pull it off whenever the heck ya want. Really, it's not that hard.
As I recall, most of Melee Falcon's game was established around that knee. Good thing you can still sweet spot it, at least.

Roager

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon was required by law to lower the voltage of his kneepads. They were too destructive. Actually killed off a few characters. Sakurai never planned to drop Mewtwo, but Falcon hit it in that second spine thing that comes out the back of it's head. Broke it in half, and Mewtwo just kinda collapsed. So Sakurai took out the old ones, and gave him safer ones. And the different weight of them threw off his timing a bit. But he's learning how to use them right. So no, Falcon's knee didn't break, it's just restricted.

Lord_erk

Smash Rookie
Captain Falcon was required by law to lower the voltage of his kneepads. They were too destructive. Actually killed off a few characters. Sakurai never planned to drop Mewtwo, but Falcon hit it in that second spine thing that comes out the back of it's head. Broke it in half, and Mewtwo just kinda collapsed. So Sakurai took out the old ones, and gave him safer ones. And the different weight of them threw off his timing a bit. But he's learning how to use them right. So no, Falcon's knee didn't break, it's just restricted.

well said

(filler)

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Good story. Where'd Roy and Young Link go?

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
Actually the true story is that its NOT DOGLAS JAY FALCON'S KNEE,THIS IS RICK WHELEER'S KNEE YOUR TALKING ABOUT.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Here's what really happened;

Captain Falcon's knee is like a knife. The more you use it, the duller it gets. Same with the knee. Captain Falcon has killed so many poeple in Melee that his knees are worn and he is forced to wear those kneepads. Don't worry, he will be getting replacment knee surgury for SSB4. That is why Blood Falcon exists, spare body parts.

chaos_

Smash Journeyman
mele knee is the best move ever he has the knee of justice in mele

Tenki

Smash Hero
XD

When I play as Falcon, I rarely even go for knee kills, anyway. Mindgamed smashes and uh... Falcon Punch... do the job... too.

I approve of this.

Roager

Smash Ace
Good story. Where'd Roy and Young Link go?
They left. Still alive, though. Young Link was witness to the attack on Mewtwo, feared for his life, and resigned. Roy tried to stop Falcon, and successfully disabled the nipple spike. However, Falcon's nipples are a force to be reckoned with, and they broke Roy's legendary sword. He is currently on a quest to find a new one.

And as for Pichu, the electric kneepads caused an overload. For the sake of innocence, I'll let you decide for yourself how to visualize what happened. Perhaps an explosion. Perhaps it simply collapsed. Take your pick.

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
They left. Still alive, though. Young Link was witness to the attack on Mewtwo, feared for his life, and resigned. Roy tried to stop Falcon, and successfully disabled the nipple spike. However, Falcon's nipples are a force to be reckoned with, and they broke Roy's legendary sword. He is currently on a quest to find a new one.

And as for Pichu, the electric kneepads caused an overload. For the sake of innocence, I'll let you decide for yourself how to visualize what happened. Perhaps an explosion. Perhaps it simply collapsed. Take your pick.
So THAT explains it all. I don't blame Young link.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Actually...
WARNING: SPOILER
The overload caused Pichu to evolve. Ever noticed how Pikachu has Pichu's goggle costume? Or how Quick Attack became more powerful/useful, and D-smash.... well... is Pikachu's D-smash.

And it's all thanks to Falcon.

Roager

Smash Ace
Actually...
WARNING: SPOILER
The overload caused Pichu to evolve. Ever noticed how Pikachu has Pichu's goggle costume? Or how Quick Attack became more powerful/useful, and D-smash.... well... is Pikachu's D-smash.

And it's all thanks to Falcon.
Fine, ruin the mystery. But now that it's out in the open, I might as well give some details.
Unless you didn't read the spoiler.

WARNING: MORE SPOILER
All anyone saw of the Pichu/Falcon fight was a Knee, then a huge flash of energy. The whole fight was shut down, and Pichu (who isn't anymore) was a fan favorite for taking the knee, making the spectacle, and coming out better than before. So the other Pikachu got fired. Trainer disowned it, and entered the competition himself, to humiliate Pikachu.

That took a pretty dark turn there at the end, sorry.

And yes, I stole your joke and made it part of my story.

Roager

Smash Ace
in this game the knee of justice is bad
First off, you ruined the flow of the discussion about my story. But that's not really the big issue here.

Secondly, you made a claim with no justification. Not okay.

Third, you're wrong. The knee isn't bad. It's still one of my kill moves. Why is it still good? because it still has killpower. Yes, the timing is harder. Yes, stale moves decay makes it less spammable. But that doesn't mean it's a bad move. It just means that Melee Falcon strategies don't work with Brawl Falcon. Melee Falcon loved the knee. Brawl Falcon has to use the knee at the right times. And the right times are no longer all the time.

So the brawl knee is not the melee knee. That's a given. But that's okay.

chaos_

Smash Journeyman
First off, you ruined the flow of the discussion about my story. But that's not really the big issue here.

Secondly, you made a claim with no justification. Not okay.

Third, you're wrong. The knee isn't bad. It's still one of my kill moves. Why is it still good? because it still has killpower. Yes, the timing is harder. Yes, stale moves decay makes it less spammable. But that doesn't mean it's a bad move. It just means that Melee Falcon strategies don't work with Brawl Falcon. Melee Falcon loved the knee. Brawl Falcon has to use the knee at the right times. And the right times are no longer all the time.

So the brawl knee is not the melee knee. That's a given. But that's okay.
wow your stupid the captin homo has no kill moves probably 1 and the knee is almost impossible to get on a pro

Roager

Smash Ace
wow your stupid the captin homo has no kill moves probably 1 and the knee is almost impossible to get on a pro
Once again, claims without justification. Not good, chaos. Very not good.

First, Falcon still has kill moves. D-air, F-smash, D-smash, Knee, Falcon Punch, Aerial Side-B, etc.

Also, the knee is very easy to hit with, you just have to take advantage of people's lag.

And yes, I know he's just a troll. I mean, hell, all I did was prove him wrong and he resorted to homophobic slurs. Captain Homo? Come on, dude, nobody's so stupid that they can't come up with something better.

Tenki

Smash Hero
wow lolz i s2pd lolz falcon sux @ killing bcoz i lost my ability to combo into 1 kill mov :(:(:( smashz dont kill eidr bcoz deyr weak. o wayt, do smashz kill??
/lulz

Fine, ruin the mystery. But now that it's out in the open, I might as well give some details.
Unless you didn't read the spoiler.

WARNING: MORE SPOILER
That was pretty good.

chaos_

Smash Journeyman
oh roager i forgot but hes still bottom tier so weather he has kill moves or not hes still the worst u manning him will get u know were in tourneys

chaos_

Smash Journeyman
Once again, claims without justification. Not good, chaos. Very not good.

First, Falcon still has kill moves. D-air, F-smash, D-smash, Knee, Falcon Punch, Aerial Side-B, etc.

Also, the knee is very easy to hit with, you just have to take advantage of people's lag.

And yes, I know he's just a troll. I mean, hell, all I did was prove him wrong and he resorted to homophobic slurs. Captain Homo? Come on, dude, nobody's so stupid that they can't come up with something better.
do u even know wat your talking about how did u prove me wrong?? and i bet i could 3 stock your sorry @**

Tenki

Smash Hero
oh roager i forgot but hes still bottom tier so weather he has kill moves or not hes still the worst u manning him will get u know were in tourneys
sawp.
After a full spring and summer of competition, the SBR felt as though it was time to take the first stab at a tier list for Brawl. Before I post it, let me remind you all of a few important things:

1. Tier placement doesn't necessarily reflect your ability to beat your friends with a specific character. You might beat your friend's Metaknight with Sonic, but that doesn't mean Sonic is top tier. It means you win that matchup against your friend. Tiers are not absolute measurements of match outcomes.

2. Instead of measuring match outcomes, tiers are more a measurement of potential of characters against the rest of the cast in a competitive, 1v1 tournament environment. It shows general strength of a character's abilities in a specific tournament environment. So yes, maybe Yoshi is a beast in teams or Ganon is REALLY good with items turned on... but this list measures somethingd different than those things.

3. This list is based on a combination of tournament result data, extensive discussions with top players and tournament hosts and looking at general trends in play in the current competitive metagame. It took a lot of work on the part of some of the best minds in Smash to compile this list.

4. This list might change with time. It is based on how we perceive the game to be and play it competitively NOW. However, if a replacement for l-canceling is discovered or new tactics cause the game to evolve over time, this list could change. So if you main a character that isn't near the top, keep playing and evolving their game. You might be the one, like Chu Dat's Ice Climbers back in Melee, that cause people's opinions to change.

5. That said, don't give up hope! Just because your character isn't ranked at or near the top, doesn't mean you can't do fantastic things with them with enough talent and effort. We do not publish this list to encourage players to change their main tournament character. If anything, it should serve as a challenge to take the game to the next level.

6. In Smash, any character can win in any matchup if you are smarter and better than your opponents by a wide enough margin. So keep playing to win and work hard to be the best player you can be, regardless of which character you use.

And without further ado, I present to you the official SBR Brawl Tier List (v1.0):

Meta Knight
Snake

Low
Link
Captain Falcon
DSF(Snake) vs Deva(Link) MM 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iaik3Efwdxw
DSF(MK) vs Deva(Link) MM2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWMen9KvflM

`.`;

..does not measure match outcomes.

player skill/matchup knowledge wins.

chaos_

Smash Journeyman
hmmm good point your right tenki any character could win but i bet his captain falcon cant beat any character

chaos_

Smash Journeyman
never again will i judge tiers in ssbb i see now that any character can win as long as u play smart u can win

Roager

Smash Ace
hmmm good point your right tenki any character could win but i bet his captain falcon cant beat any character
First off, congrats on the triple post. Really gives you some credibility.

Also, you haven't seen me play, and I haven't seen you play. I don't care how much you'd bet on a match between us, because I'd never play against you. Why? You'd like to think it's because I'm afraid I'd lose. You'd say that's exactly why. In fact, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if you did. But to be perfectly honest, I try to minimize my contact with idiots like you, unless I find it entertaining, like I do now. But that's not the point. The point is, bashing Falcon, quoting tiers, and then trying to make a point even after we've openly stated that you are a troll and a noob is completely stupid.

That's pretty wordy for somebody like you to understand, so I'll put it into language even you can grasp.

GTFO n00b!

Or I will be forced to verbally bi*tchslap you several more times.:chuckle:

Also, thanks for the support, Tenki. This kid deserves more than just my punishments.

chaos_

Smash Journeyman
lol ur not offensive AT ALL and u wont do **** and all he told me that any character can win

chaos_

Smash Journeyman
First off, congrats on the triple post. Really gives you some credibility.

Also, you haven't seen me play, and I haven't seen you play. I don't care how much you'd bet on a match between us, because I'd never play against you. Why? You'd like to think it's because I'm afraid I'd lose. You'd say that's exactly why. In fact, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if you did. But to be perfectly honest, I try to minimize my contact with idiots like you, unless I find it entertaining, like I do now. But that's not the point. The point is, bashing Falcon, quoting tiers, and then trying to make a point even after we've openly stated that you are a troll and a noob is completely stupid.

That's pretty wordy for somebody like you to understand, so I'll put it into language even you can grasp.

GTFO n00b!

Or I will be forced to verbally bi*tchslap you several more times.:chuckle:

Also, thanks for the support, Tenki. This kid deserves more than just my punishments.

stop thinking your threats are scary all u can do is talk s*** over the internet

Majora_younglink

Smash Apprentice
Internet trolls make forums very interesting places.

On part of the Link vs Snake match.... I favorite'd it. He was amazing. DSF needs to play against some good players of every character methinks. Or he was messing around. Either way it doesn't change he's still good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom