• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Diamond City Coffee - Wario Social Thread

N~W .

Smash Cadet
Sup Wario boards.

I've been using :4wario2: in smash 4 as a secondary to :4metaknight: and I just wanted to introduce myself to the boards. Glad to meet you all.

Andaya

Smash Cadet
NNID
Andaya505
3DS FC
3909-8269-9964
"You have a good eye! In summary, [I changed it] because I wanted to make Wario stronger."
>gives him one of the worst fsmashes in the game

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I mean, it's not that bad. His lean back can avoid spaced moves in certain situations, it's a strong KO move if you can land it, and coming out on Frame 18 isn't unheard of or completely terrible for Smash attacks. He's got a fast one in D-Smash.

Ssbm_Jag

Smash Journeyman
The topic about Sakurai addressing Wario's changed moveset from Brawl is on Facebook as a trending topic. This might be the most relevant Wario has ever been publicly lol. It's written as "Super Smash Bros.: Game's Creator Explains Why Character Wario's Moves Were Altered in Latest Game."

I'm not quite sure, but I think shoulder bash/ram is a lot stronger than backhand punch looking at the information on both moves. Yes, shoulder bash might not be as disjointed, but that seriously is the worst justification to take it out of the game. It also doesn't really address why he took out the gameboy color palette swap. I've noticed a trend of f-smashes in smash 4 where the start-up usually involves the attacker shifting their hurtbox really far back and then subsequently swinging the hitbox a mile forward (Mario, Yoshi, Falcon, Ness, Peach, Luigi, Ganon, etc.), and I had previously thought Wario was changed to be consistently ridiculous in this way. Guess not.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It also doesn't really address why he took out the gameboy color palette swap.
No room since each characters has 8 alts sans Mac, and they couldn't remove the standard red/blue/green colours every character has.

The question is why did Wario have to follow this rule when he didn't in Brawl, especially when Mac doesn't.

TombstoneHD

Smash Cadet
So I had the chance to play in a casual (in the sense that there was no prize) tournament yesterday. I made it to semi finals (there was no losers bracket). I was able to handle a Villager player surprisingly well, but I lost when I was facing a Mac player (who's Mac was also pretty well handled when we played) that used Robin and Shulk against me and I lost to both of them. Then later I played a best 2 of 3 with the winner (who used Marth) and I won a close game 3. I understand that Wario doesn't like sword characters. I also lack the match-up knowledge against some of these characters. Any advice?

lbrasz44

Smash Apprentice
So with the official tier list that will become somewhat irrelevant tomorrow (lol), what are you guy's feelings on Wario's placing in the middle of mid-tier, 21st overall?

TombstoneHD

Smash Cadet
I honestly feel that's about right. I figured he wouldn't be top 15 or whatever. Still, just 1 spot away from being top 20…

WRECK-IT MUNDO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
warionino129
3DS FC
4811-8008-0796
I don't really think they'll take this tier list very serious thanks to the upcoming patch for Smash 4.

Also don't worry about our Wario in the "mid-tier". It's pretty good, because nearly every character can get great results.

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
Greetings!
So I used to just play Wario for s**** and giggles, because Wario is my favorite Mario character (always use him in all Mario sports games), and I love his comical style. I use him mostly to troll players, but I don't spam the bike like I see a lot of people do, I usually main Sonic, switched to Cloud when he was released and use Mario often, but I've always had an appreciation for the garlic treasure hunter and I'm thinking of switching him to my main next to Cloud and Sonic.

Long live Wario

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I got one question for you guys

Would you replace Wario With a Call of Duty Solider

Of Course i'll say no

what do you guys think

Sneaky boy Nick

Smash Journeyman
Sure is, I just discovered a weird tech I'm going to post and make a video about. I'm assuming it hasn't been discovered before though.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
This thread is just for socializing. Talking about whatever.

I'm beginning the third week of a new job. Bouncing around between friends' places in a new city. Gonna sign on a lease pretty soon. All this new adult stuff is a little daunting.

Last edited:

Sneaky boy Nick

Smash Journeyman
This thread is just for socializing. Talking about whatever.

I'm beginning the third week of a new job. Bouncing around between friends' places in a new city. Gonna sign on a lease pretty soon. All this new adult stuff is a little daunting.
I currently go to college, and have upper middle class parents so I've never been forced into adult situations all that often. Every time I tried to get a job is was purely for trying to make extra cash and I intended to quit as soon as it got tedious as I never actually really needed the money (think working for a couple months tops). Though I've tried to find a job several times and failed each time likely do to lack of experience.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I work as an administrative clerk with the GA Department of Law. I answer and direct calls throughout my office, sort and scan mail, proofread memos, schedule appointments, etc. I'm good with computers and sorting tasks, and my unit deals with consumer-to-business complaints, so I get to indirectly help people.

Chocer24

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chocer
Hey I am new here. How's life treating you guys?
I'll piggyback off of what you guys were saying and talk about stuff I do outside of Smash.
I go to a university and I really like it here. It's too bad the esports community is 99% Melee. I love Melee but they don't really care for Smash 4.
On the other hand, the locals here are pretty awesome. Shofu, NAKAT, and Void were at a local a couple of weeks ago.

Sneaky boy Nick

Smash Journeyman

WRECK-IT MUNDO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
warionino129
3DS FC
4811-8008-0796
We've succeed to place Reflex at the 29th place! The Truth has been spoken!

Sneaky boy Nick

Smash Journeyman
Lucky you! I would like him to sign my Wario figurine, plush and amiibo!
You got one personal item and a headshot signed. Meeting him was pretty moving for me actually. Kind of makes me remember that lifes all about being happy. He's as happy as a clown.

I like this thread.

Ssbm_Jag

Smash Journeyman
Wario Taunt Power Rankings:
1. Up
2. Bike
3. Side
4. Down

I think we all can agree D-pad Up is the best taunt.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
When you use side-B away from the bike, Wario does a special animation where he looks left and right. I like using it as a sort of "WHERE YOU AT" kind of taunt.

Top Bottom