• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Diamond City Coffee - Wario Social Thread

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

Exactly what it sounds like. Want to talk to your fellow Wario mains? Talk about your day? Discuss garlic-flavored ice cream? Now's your chance.

(Actually, I've had that last one before. It was pretty good.)

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The one in the Desert Ruins, because Wario Land 3 is the only WL title that I played extensively.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I'm actually just doing a replay of Wario Land: Shake It!! The game is ok overall compared to the other Wario Lands, but I really like the visual design (and Wario shaking his bum-bum at the player).

EDIT: I really like the name of this thread too :)

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm actually just doing a replay of Wario Land: Shake It!! The game is ok overall compared to the other Wario Lands, but I really like the visual design (and Wario shaking his bum-bum at the player).
I played through a couple worlds and thought exactly this when I put it down.

I'll finish it eventually. It's pretty alright.

Waroh

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mr.Waroh
An interesting bit about the Stonecarving City theme, is that some (many?) believe it's based off of Wario's victory theme from Brawl due to it being released a bit earlier than Wario Land: Shake It!,

However, there are some files in Wario Land: Shake It! that point to it beginning development far back as late 2006. This doesn't exactly say who borrowed from who, but I myself think Wario's victory theme WAS borrowed from an early Wario Land: Shake It!.

LordFreezyPops42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordFreezyPops42
I've never played a single Wario title.

Does that make me a fraudulent Wario main?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
An interesting bit about the Stonecarving City theme, is that some (many?) believe it's based off of Wario's victory theme from Brawl due to it being released a bit earlier than Wario Land: Shake It!,

However, there are some files in Wario Land: Shake It! that point to it beginning development far back as late 2006. This doesn't exactly say who borrowed from who, but I myself think Wario's victory theme WAS borrowed from an early Wario Land: Shake It!.
Well, I don't think they would've made up a victory theme just for Brawl when there was lots of source material to work with. Remember, Woolly World was a Smash 4 stage way before that was released.

Waroh

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mr.Waroh
Well, I don't think they would've made up a victory theme just for Brawl when there was lots of source material to work with. Remember, Woolly World was a Smash 4 stage way before that was released.
Yup, that's true.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Anyone wanna make a tier list of Wario games? I've only played Game & Wario, which I enjoy (Gamepad Pictionary OP)

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
imo

God tier
Warioware Twisted

Top tier
Wario Land 4
Wario Land 2
Warioware Mega Microgames/Mega Party Games

High tier
Wario Land 3
Wario Land Shake It
Wario Land 1
Warioware Smooth Moves
Warioware Touched

Mid tier
Wario World
Warioware DIY

Low tier
Game & Wario
Wario Master of Disguise

Never played Virtual Boy Wario Land

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Is Wario: Master of Disguise any good? It's coming to eShop soon and I was thinking of trying it out, though I heard some people didn't like it.

Same thing with Game & Wario. The Gamer minigame looks fun but is the rest of the game as enjoyable?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Master of Disguise isn't very good, no. You have to do one of a few unfun and repetitive minigames (this coming from someone who -loves- WarioWare) every time you encounter a treasure. The powers are done in a less interesting way than, say, Wario Land 3. It's not garbage, but I wouldn't call it good.

Last edited:

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
imo

God tier
Warioware Twisted

Top tier
Wario Land 4
Wario Land 2
Warioware Mega Microgames/Mega Party Games

High tier
Wario Land 3
Wario Land Shake It
Wario Land 1
Warioware Smooth Moves
Warioware Touched

Mid tier
Wario World
Warioware DIY

Low tier
Game & Wario
Wario Master of Disguise

Never played Virtual Boy Wario Land
Gotta put Warioware inc in top tier.

LordFreezyPops42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordFreezyPops42
Alright so..

This thread and looking around the net for a little has motivated me to look into the handheld games. I need something to amuse myself with during my college lunch hours and I figure it'd be good to actually get to know the series from which the character I love to use originated from.

I ask of you all, where do I begin?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Looking to play games instead of taking the time to catch up on school work... I like your style.

Start with Wario Land 4 and Warioware inc. If you're a Pokemon fan, I've been having a LOT of fun playing some fan made Pokemon games like Pokemon Ash Gray [based off the anime lol] and Pokemon Shiny Gold. I always have a GBA emulator on my laptop with a handful of games in case I get bored.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I don't think you can go wrong with any of the main Warioware and Wario Land games to start with.

For the Warioware series I'd say the first game is by far the best start actually. It's the most basic but it's also the most pure take on the concept since the series afterward has added gimmicks. You'll have an easier understanding of the series' design. Wario Land it's harder since all five of them are experimental and different in their own sense, but Wario Land 4 is the most polished overall.

LordFreezyPops42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordFreezyPops42
Looking to play games instead of taking the time to catch up on school work... I like your style.
I'm very lazy. I honestly should do something about it.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the main Warioware and Wario Land games to start with.

For the Warioware series I'd say the first game is by far the best start actually. It's the most basic but it's also the most pure take on the concept since the series afterward has added gimmicks. You'll have an easier understanding of the series' design. Wario Land it's harder since all five of them are experimental and different in their own sense, but Wario Land 4 is the most polished overall.
Thanks for the insight from both of you. I shall begin with Wario Land 4.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I know this technically doesn't have to do with Wario but is anyone else excited for Mario Maker? The game in general looks great but I think the 8-bit costumes are what really sold me. An Ashley costume has been confirmed as well as a biker Wario one. There's no overalls outfit yet, though the biker one has various Wario Land sounds such as the level clear theme. Do you think there'll be any other costumes based off of Wario characters and if so who would you like to see? I'm hoping for either a Mona or 9-Volt costume.

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The social is not specifically for Wario-related questions. Talk about whatever you want.

I'm pretty excited for Super Mario Maker, absolutely. I didn't know an Ashley costume was confirmed; that makes me happy.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I saw a Captain Syrup one but not sure if it's real

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
The social is not specifically for Wario-related questions. Talk about whatever you want.

I'm pretty excited for Super Mario Maker, absolutely. I didn't know an Ashley costume was confirmed; that makes me happy.
She's the coolest girl you'll ever meet!

ZeGlasses!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeGlasses
Real talk? Wario is really damn aesthetically pleasing in the Wii U version. He has lots of nice colors and I love how much he "pops out" from everything else. He looks way more cartoony and I love that.

I didn't like how he looked in Brawl. He looked....gross.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I like how expressive a lot of characters are. Wario and Dedede stand out in their facial expressions, for sure.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Why do you think Wario has those bags under his eyes

Ssbm_Jag

Smash Journeyman
Wario world had so much potential, the game we got seemed incomplete mechanically and in terms of length. Regardless, it was amazing with some obvious flaws.

Master of Disguise was good in my opinion, not really much to argue, I don't get bored doing the same thing over and over and I appreciate the length of the game and the treasure hunting. It reminds me of the Great Cave Offensive from Kirby SuperStar.

I've only played Wario Land 3 and 4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHWEBYSJOdk My video on Wario Land 4's items got my old pathetic channel so many views xD, i was so happy. Cuckoo Condor always scared me, more than cractus D:. The mini-games were fun/funny. I've watched speed runs of 2, 3, and 4, and world. They are all very appealing to watch.

Is it true Mona has a crush on Wario? I've seen that rumor on the internet and honestly if it were true I'd find it unsurprising.

And about Wario's model in smash 4, I like that it's more cartoony than brawl, but his face still looks off imo.

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Is it true Mona has a crush on Wario? I've seen that rumor on the internet and honestly if it were true I'd find it unsurprising.
I can confirm. This is her bio from Mega Party Games:

Profile Information from WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$!
  • Place of Employment: Sora Sora
  • Preferred Type: Wild Guys
  • Bio: This peppy high-school girl keeps up with schoolwork, a part-time job at the restaurant, and her red scooter. For some reason, she's a little smitten with Wario. Ew.

Last edited:
Top Bottom