• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dialga OR Palkia

M.K

Level 55
Something about a deity having to walk on All four legs just makes it seem so....primitive.
Bipedal Palkia for the win.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
I got Pokemon Pearl first, but I always envied the people who had Pokemon Diamond. Dialga just looks cooler.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Its primitive walking on 4 feet. If it were canon and they had all their abilities. Palkia would create a vacuum of air around Dialga whic would destroy it.

Mewter

Smash Master
But Dialga, as I said earlier, exists in all times, and could easily erase Palkia from history, and Arceus would grant HIM the powers over space.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Yeah well Palkia would erase Dialga from space and then a battle will take place between Arceus and mewtwo for conrol of the world

Mewter

Smash Master
That won't happen. If Palkia erases Dialga from space, then he will come back from another time period, and millions of them will show up in one time causing a ripple effect that destroys Palkia and the laws of physics. Fortunately, DIalga, being time and not space, will continue to exist.
Mewtwo would win, of course.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
This discussion is exerting fail.... but I think I would rather control space then time...hmm its a tuffie.

Anyway, who cares which is better. Legendaries suck :)

ToiletRoll

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiskyR
I disagree with the "mewtwo pwns all"
(actuallly i dont, i just want to keep this going)

Palkia is better in terms of moves because it can do waaay more damage with Spacial Rend than Roar of Time in two turns. Plus, you dont need to recharge.

NOW we end discussion XD

ShadowX718

Smash Cadet
Hello
I prefer Palkia.

A battle between them

Palkia used Aura Sphere Super Effective
Dialga uses roar of time super effective
Palkia holds on with focus sash
Palkia uses Aura Sphere Super Effective
Dialga Fainted

Or
Palkia uses Aura Sphere Super Effective Critical Hit
Dialga Fainted
Fail.
Anyone can hold that item to hang on by one HP.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Dialga's Roar of Time breaks even Focus Sashes, that's how strong it is. Also Voja, no one's best move is Hyper Beam lol.

ShadowX718

Smash Cadet
So what? Even if Dialga had a Focus Sash too, Palkia would still be able to take him out while Dialga's recharging from Roar of Time.
Well only an idiot would use a needs-to-be-recharge-after-use attack on the 1st turn.
Focus Sash is cheap, in a one v. one battle with no items held... Dialga would show his true strength.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Palkia has better SpDef than Dialga, whoa. I didn't know that.

Well only an idiot would use a needs-to-be-recharge-after-use attack on the 1st turn.
Focus Sash is cheap, in a one v. one battle with no items held... Dialga would show his true strength.
First, Focus Sash isn't cheap, and only an idiot would use a needs-to-be-recharge-after-use attack period.

Let's say an 'even' battle (No items, no EVs, just Palkia vs. Dialga) were to take place. I did the calculations, and this is how the battle would go:

Palkia: 321 Hp, Dialga: 341 Hp

Turn 1!
Palkia used Aura Sphere!
Super Effective!
Dialga took 203 damage!

Dialge used Dragon Pulse!
Super Effective!
Palkia took 261 damage!

Palkia: 80 Hp, Dialga: 138 Hp

Turn 2!
Palkia used Aura Sphere!
Super Effective!
Dialga took 138 damage!

Palkia wins!

Of course, a Dialga carrying RoT would OHKO Palkia, but then the opponent would be able to switch and set up. Not to mention Giratina would, most likely, appear and **** him.

Also, 'show his true strength?' You're sounding like a ten-year-old.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
Dialga's my fave, but Palkia is much quicker.

Nooby 10-year olds make me laugh!

Seriously, just find another counter to Palkia.

Salamence, Garchomp, maybe?

Just thinking aloud here.....

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Lol

Dialga Used Roar Of Time

Palkia Fainted

XXXX Switched in Rayquaza

Rayquaza used Dragon Dance

Dialga must Recharge

Ryquaza used Earthquake

Dialga Fainted

YYYYY Switched in WHO THE **** CARES RAYQUAZA WILL USE OUTRAGE AND YOU'LL DIE *****.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Lol

Dialga Used Roar Of Time

Palkia Fainted

XXXX Switched in Rayquaza

Rayquaza used Dragon Dance

Dialga must Recharge

Ryquaza used Earthquake

Dialga Fainted

YYYYY Switched in WHO THE **** CARES RAYQUAZA WILL USED OUTRAGE AND YOU'LL DIE *****.
You forgot about the fact that Palkia gets in an Aura Sphere first. I just fought this noob a few days ago had a choiced Dialga and the choiced move was roar of time. I beat him using my team of OU while he used all ubers

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Its not that I am just feel weird how noobs try to win just using ubers. I mean seriously it is completely wothless using wi fi now

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
You forgot about the fact that Palkia gets in an Aura Sphere first. I just fought this noob a few days ago had a choiced Dialga and the choiced move was roar of time. I beat him using my team of OU while he used all ubers
Palkia can't OHKO Dialga with Aura Sphere unless he gets a crit hit.

People are always beating newbies who only use Ubers with OU teams. It's not that hard if you know what you're doing.

Top Bottom