Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!
You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!
Use Smashboards links to get your gaming stuff and support the site, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, GameCube Controller Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Edition, Nintendo Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Edition Pro Controller - Switch, a Nintendo Switch Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Edition - Switch or a Poké Ball Plus.
I would totally agree with the misplays and seeing spotlight,Lore no, i disagree with Pythag 's #1154 about how bad UP is. i think UP is having his first 10,000 mafia posts or w/e where you argue about everything even when you feel a TvT. i dont know about Pythag yet but even he would agree that he's made some misplays and is seeing the spotlight regardless of alignment
1. I can say he hasn't done as much so far this phase, but to be fair, the times he has questioned people, like you and Jex, were good points for him. I do agree with Jex's line of questioning on his point of me responding to Kevin differently than Uto. (I am curious what he would expect me to do instead) So this is probably your best point, and I'm curious to see where else he goes vote wise.vote jtb
strongly believe this flips scum
- hasnt done anything to really scumhunt. pull up his posts, ask yourself if jtb is doing anything to progress the town or make reads
- his comment about me not doing anything but buddying ryker is disingenuous. shows hes not actually analyzing my slot and instead looking to simplify what ive done for the sake of spinning it as scummy
- i do NOT for a second buy that he reads rans case, thinks 'this is solid' and votes me as if thats the best thing he can come up with right now. scummy hopping of the wagon
- strongly disliked his posts a few pages ago where he was shading ran and asking him what he gets out of vigging maven or whatever inactive. feels like hes going thru the motions and thats just a weird way to use ones time
Was being cynical in general. Sorry if I insulted you at any point.Tom Just a quick heads up since I don't have much time tonight since driving/riding, but I wasn't salty with the UP stuff. In fact my posts were explicitly meant to point out that the attempts at insults/condescension were ridiculous, along valid points. If you reread my stuff in my posts with UP, reread with that in mind.
The Kary bit was classic Wurkul though, and I regret doing it. Bad play, bad reading, and bad anger. It was too harsh, even if I was in the right (and I wasn't).
I thought I could get behind that. But I also thought it wasn't realistic to try and waggon marshy. So, on balance I thought it was more likely that they both had suspicions of his slot (as I did) than they were scum trying to push a mislynch (or that it was SvS).
1 i dont think its good for him. im town, and also not really interested in a jexs lynch today. not a fan of his direction1. I can say he hasn't done as much so far this phase, but to be fair, the times he has questioned people, like you and Jex, were good points for him. I do agree with Jex's line of questioning on his point of me responding to Kevin differently than Uto. (I am curious what he would expect me to do instead) So this is probably your best point, and I'm curious to see where else he goes vote wise.
2. How is it disingenuous? I don't really feel this point. Need more elaboration on this.
3. I disagree. I feel like he has had progression, and before I even posted my notes and vote, he was asking Jex about what progression you had. It felt more like he finally saw a wagon developing on a scumread of his and so he was excited to join. I found that townie. Now, the only concern is that he hasn't actually tried to push you, but maybe he wasn't expecting anyone to push you so early.
4. I think JTB explained this, but I did tell him to please shoot Maven and he followed through on that.
Initially when I read up on Doop, there was post I found somewhat suspicious, but I wasn't sure if it's because I disliked how it was worded or if there's scummy intent behind it. Either way, it wasn't enough reason to vote at the time, but I said to Ryker that I'd be willing to wagon Doop, but only if he could point out legit reasoning on why he was scummy. I didn't get my answer. With him having IRL issue with his family, and my Jex vote not going anywhere, I moved my vote to somewhere elseAlso Rockin I want to know where this Doop vote came from, please.
Now, another thing I dislike from Frozen, and Jex, is (quote below). Jex states I am being anxious and flustered, when I never was flustered, nor anxious. If one were to say defensive, I was certainly defending because I've learned (from Kuz) that I should always make sure to ask people about why they are pushing me because it'd be good information to look back on in the next day. I would say what Jex and Frozen Flame here had said were more of a misrepresentation of my play. It's subtle, but slightly malicious. I did ask Jex for his opinion on Tom v Me to be fair, but it still comes across as misrepresentation. I really only realized this upon reading Macman's opinion of this.:Nah you didnt miss a JTB read, and if you asked for one earlier I missed it so if I did my b //// JTB is in my "can die" pile but dont have any kind of strong read. Just skimmed all his posts and like what has he given us? A grand total of two reads, one null and one townlean, and a townlean with hedging language like "I cant believe Im townreading this slot so early?! lolteehee"? Other than that I just see a lot of criticizing other slots and asking halfassed questions. So yeah, this slot can go.
But why though, what about that rubs you the wrong way? I don't have much of a read on Tom vs you. Tom feels townie to me in general and you're feeling fairly weird to me. Your posts are coming off as forced and I feel like you're getting anxious and flustered.
Now that I think about it, his vote on Jex was weak, and I could consider it as distancing as well. I also still don't like his switch from Jex to Maven, and the timing of it. #267So I meant to post something last night but I was so ****in tired I passed tf out while reading lmao /// Ran definitely seems "anxious" but not sure if thats scum anxiety or just general defensiveness. Either way dont think hes really the play right now, fine keeping him around
I think this is a good take, and I'm open to considering it further tbh. However for now I'm still the most iffy on UP, especially since it seems like Pythag agrees and you seem to at least think Pythag is genuine on his UP statements. Thanks for the answer.Lore no, i disagree with Pythag 's #1154 about how bad UP is. i think UP is having his first 10,000 mafia posts or w/e where you argue about everything even when you feel a TvT. i dont know about Pythag yet but even he would agree that he's made some misplays and is seeing the spotlight regardless of alignment
****ing hell, that's rough. I hope it works out for you.My company just underwent a big round of layoffs. I'm still employed thankfully but the last two days have been brutal. I'm either going to catch up tonight or /out. Sorry guys.
No worries, I wasn't insulted. Only reason I (wrongfully) blew up at Kary was because I misread his post entirely and saw actual malicious insults where there were none.Was being cynical in general. Sorry if I insulted you at any point.
I've kinda hounded him to be on those kinds of wagons all game and Rockin is the one I wasnt on either.Ryker's wagon jumping I'm assuming is just aggressive D1 play, but more input is always welcome. But he's spurring discussion, asking questions, and genuinely seems to be scum hunting from my current impression of him.