• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Lore Lore no, i disagree with Pythag Pythag 's #1154 about how bad UP is. i think UP is having his first 10,000 mafia posts or w/e where you argue about everything even when you feel a TvT. i dont know about Pythag Pythag yet but even he would agree that he's made some misplays and is seeing the spotlight regardless of alignment

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lore Lore no, i disagree with Pythag Pythag 's #1154 about how bad UP is. i think UP is having his first 10,000 mafia posts or w/e where you argue about everything even when you feel a TvT. i dont know about Pythag Pythag yet but even he would agree that he's made some misplays and is seeing the spotlight regardless of alignment
I would totally agree with the misplays and seeing spotlight,

But I wasn't just putting him in the spotlight because of his 'meanness' either.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
id b fine w/doop going. ive neglected the read out of pursuing jtb and doop falling off along with other **** the past few pages, but ya you wont find me crying over him dying

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
#HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac I don't and didn't find Ran scummy. i confirm this in #400. i actually explained before that in #320. i elaborate in detail #467. i got a whiff of ranmaru's playstyle (maybe even for the first time? can't recall) and almost threw up. i was snarky about it and accidentally a whole PvP spotlight - even worse, i thought i was joking around with Kevin the whole time and he wasn't even there. i had previously nit-picked something incorrect he said in the thread - 'brownie points' - which people began to include in their Tom v Ranmaru opinions, and as they began to form, I was interested to see what people made of it. Ryker and Mac both expressed concern over Tom being thought as Town due to interacting with Ranmaru. On the subject of Tom v Ran, KevinM said he thought it was TvS which I hated to hear.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
on the subject of the current wagons, i am excited to get a flip and do some reading, and anybody in my CAN GO list i could see myself voting.

what are we going to do about #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
My company just underwent a big round of layoffs. I'm still employed thankfully but the last two days have been brutal. I'm either going to catch up tonight or /out. Sorry guys.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
vote jtb

strongly believe this flips scum

- hasnt done anything to really scumhunt. pull up his posts, ask yourself if jtb is doing anything to progress the town or make reads

- his comment about me not doing anything but buddying ryker is disingenuous. shows hes not actually analyzing my slot and instead looking to simplify what ive done for the sake of spinning it as scummy

- i do NOT for a second buy that he reads rans case, thinks 'this is solid' and votes me as if thats the best thing he can come up with right now. scummy hopping of the wagon

- strongly disliked his posts a few pages ago where he was shading ran and asking him what he gets out of vigging maven or whatever inactive. feels like hes going thru the motions and thats just a weird way to use ones time
1. I can say he hasn't done as much so far this phase, but to be fair, the times he has questioned people, like you and Jex, were good points for him. I do agree with Jex's line of questioning on his point of me responding to Kevin differently than Uto. (I am curious what he would expect me to do instead) So this is probably your best point, and I'm curious to see where else he goes vote wise.

2. How is it disingenuous? I don't really feel this point. Need more elaboration on this.

3. I disagree. I feel like he has had progression, and before I even posted my notes and vote, he was asking Jex about what progression you had. It felt more like he finally saw a wagon developing on a scumread of his and so he was excited to join. I found that townie. Now, the only concern is that he hasn't actually tried to push you, but maybe he wasn't expecting anyone to push you so early.

4. I think JTB explained this, but I did tell him to please shoot Maven and he followed through on that.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

Tom Tom Just a quick heads up since I don't have much time tonight since driving/riding, but I wasn't salty with the UP stuff. In fact my posts were explicitly meant to point out that the attempts at insults/condescension were ridiculous, along valid points. If you reread my stuff in my posts with UP, reread with that in mind.

The Kary bit was classic Wurkul though, and I regret doing it. Bad play, bad reading, and bad anger. It was too harsh, even if I was in the right (and I wasn't).
Was being cynical in general. Sorry if I insulted you at any point.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Now I'm actually reading through Gorf's JTB/FF thing.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary

What were your thoughts when Ran and JTB tried to start a marshy wagon?
I thought I could get behind that. But I also thought it wasn't realistic to try and waggon marshy. So, on balance I thought it was more likely that they both had suspicions of his slot (as I did) than they were scum trying to push a mislynch (or that it was SvS).

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
1. I can say he hasn't done as much so far this phase, but to be fair, the times he has questioned people, like you and Jex, were good points for him. I do agree with Jex's line of questioning on his point of me responding to Kevin differently than Uto. (I am curious what he would expect me to do instead) So this is probably your best point, and I'm curious to see where else he goes vote wise.

2. How is it disingenuous? I don't really feel this point. Need more elaboration on this.

3. I disagree. I feel like he has had progression, and before I even posted my notes and vote, he was asking Jex about what progression you had. It felt more like he finally saw a wagon developing on a scumread of his and so he was excited to join. I found that townie. Now, the only concern is that he hasn't actually tried to push you, but maybe he wasn't expecting anyone to push you so early.

4. I think JTB explained this, but I did tell him to please shoot Maven and he followed through on that.
1 i dont think its good for him. im town, and also not really interested in a jexs lynch today. not a fan of his direction

2 he simplified my play in a way thats hard to believe he really thought was a legit point of view of me

3-4 k

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count: 8:04 PM CST 6/14 Edition

Rockin (2): Tom, KevinM
Marshy (1): JTB
Pythag (2): Doop, Ranmaru
JTB (6): Marshy, JeXs, Mac, FrozenFlame, UtopianPoyzin, Rockin
FrozenFlame (2): Ryker, Gorf
Jexs (1): . Pythag
UtopianPoyzin (1): Lore
Dooplisity (1): Kary

No Lynch (0):
Not Voting (1): Nabe,

Deadline June 17th 7:00pm CST. Takes 9/17 to lynch.

Mod glg is feeling sick and is going to bed so this will be the last vote count I post tonight. See ya'll manana.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Also Rockin I want to know where this Doop vote came from, please.
Initially when I read up on Doop, there was post I found somewhat suspicious, but I wasn't sure if it's because I disliked how it was worded or if there's scummy intent behind it. Either way, it wasn't enough reason to vote at the time, but I said to Ryker that I'd be willing to wagon Doop, but only if he could point out legit reasoning on why he was scummy. I didn't get my answer. With him having IRL issue with his family, and my Jex vote not going anywhere, I moved my vote to somewhere else

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Made it to the beach place, will catch up a bit before crashing into bed. Long day tomorrow of fishing.

My activity will definitely be slowed, and my vote remains on UP. The extreme wagon jumping still doesn't sit well with me, along with previously said things. (No offense UP, reads are just reads.)

I am open to hearing arguments about other wagons, but I intend to only swap unless necessary to prevent a No Lynch. I'm at the point in my reads where flips are kinda needed, although some of that is due to still trying to digest all the content so far. It's a lot. UP is my only definite lynch target right now because of it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So far, I'm liking the point that FF didn't mention JTB as a read yet had him in the can go pile. It's similar to a random name drop. I also don't actually like Frozen's explanation for why he included it, the explanation is weak and he should have explained that in the first place if that was really the reasoning:

Nah you didnt miss a JTB read, and if you asked for one earlier I missed it so if I did my b //// JTB is in my "can die" pile but dont have any kind of strong read. Just skimmed all his posts and like what has he given us? A grand total of two reads, one null and one townlean, and a townlean with hedging language like "I cant believe Im townreading this slot so early?! lolteehee"? Other than that I just see a lot of criticizing other slots and asking halfassed questions. So yeah, this slot can go.
Now, another thing I dislike from Frozen, and Jex, is (quote below). Jex states I am being anxious and flustered, when I never was flustered, nor anxious. If one were to say defensive, I was certainly defending because I've learned (from Kuz) that I should always make sure to ask people about why they are pushing me because it'd be good information to look back on in the next day. I would say what Jex and Frozen Flame here had said were more of a misrepresentation of my play. It's subtle, but slightly malicious. I did ask Jex for his opinion on Tom v Me to be fair, but it still comes across as misrepresentation. I really only realized this upon reading Macman's opinion of this.:

But why though, what about that rubs you the wrong way? I don't have much of a read on Tom vs you. Tom feels townie to me in general and you're feeling fairly weird to me. Your posts are coming off as forced and I feel like you're getting anxious and flustered.
So I meant to post something last night but I was so ****in tired I passed tf out while reading lmao /// Ran definitely seems "anxious" but not sure if thats scum anxiety or just general defensiveness. Either way dont think hes really the play right now, fine keeping him around
Now that I think about it, his vote on Jex was weak, and I could consider it as distancing as well. I also still don't like his switch from Jex to Maven, and the timing of it. #267

I do agree that JTB hasn't really interacted with Marshy as much as he should have if he would want to wagon him D1. Disagree about Marshy playing like an IC is a bold claim, it's pretty much widely known since Marshy's opener, and him trying to reel in Jex moreso than do other things.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So between JTB and Frozen Flame, I prefer to wagon Frozen.

Unvote; Vote: Frozen Flame

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ryker, talk to me about the memory fuzzyness I pointed out in relation to Jex.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I think this is a good take, and I'm open to considering it further tbh. However for now I'm still the most iffy on UP, especially since it seems like Pythag agrees and you seem to at least think Pythag is genuine on his UP statements. Thanks for the answer.

(if I misread your interpretation of Pythag there, please correct me. I'm reading it as "Pythag is unclear to me right now, but they seem genuine in at least pointing out misplays.")

I still don't really get why a Pythag wagon formed at all, to be frank. But that's a different topic, and it'll require more reading from me.

My company just underwent a big round of layoffs. I'm still employed thankfully but the last two days have been brutal. I'm either going to catch up tonight or /out. Sorry guys.
****ing hell, that's rough. I hope it works out for you.

Was being cynical in general. Sorry if I insulted you at any point.
No worries, I wasn't insulted. Only reason I (wrongfully) blew up at Kary was because I misread his post entirely and saw actual malicious insults where there were none.

Your posts were definitely more cynical and "typical" DGames chatter. My issue with them is that they happened at all, and as part of your defense no less. It was a weird spot to suddenly go in that direction with your tone.

I still do find you scummiest, but I have zero harsh feelings from that. It's a read and nothing more.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ryker's wagon jumping I'm assuming is just aggressive D1 play, but more input is always welcome. But he's spurring discussion, asking questions, and genuinely seems to be scum hunting from my current impression of him.
I've kinda hounded him to be on those kinds of wagons all game and Rockin is the one I wasnt on either.

Gonna be hard for me to finger him for doing what I wanted him to do.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hold on. That's not meta. The memory thing. It's fine that you need to re-read him.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That's my fault, it had all the scum tells. I was talking about the third scum tell I listed.

Top Bottom