• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
It's in the thread's OP, but I'll reiterate it before we ever start.

I am going to CEO at the end of this month. I am not going to think or care about this game much at all during that trip. You may get me for a little bit while I'm there. You may not.

Other than that, I should exist.
Wouldn’t want anything else on your mind while you’re going 1-2 pal. Safe trip .

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Well, I mean, it's cool to see Red Ryu with the #HBC back in front of the username. When I was browsing through your mafia games prior (offsite), Red had the prefix, so I guess it's back now. What is it again, Hudson Bay Company or whatever? I don't really need to know, it's top secret. Somethin like that. Probs a cult.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Searching #hbc mafia sends me to xkcd, which is where the former games were held? Also there's marshy, Mr. Yoloswag himself.

Stalker boys doing what stalker boys do, trying to give myself an edge by trying to get to know you all from previous posts

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
yeah. we did play a lot of mafia back in the day but what really brought us together was a shared love of cookies

every once in a while in between games we would host #hbc events where we would send each other cookies thru the mail. i got a bit lazy and sent oreos. but others were more ambitious, like that time mac made us all peanut butter cookies for christmas 2013. the group got its name when one time, hilariously, some cookies that nabe made were half baked and mushy along with the "youll always b my favorite crew <3" handwritten note he sent us accompanying them

we all had a hearty chortle over that, and weve been the hbc ever since

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Searching #hbc mafia sends me to xkcd, which is where the former games were held? Also there's marshy, Mr. Yoloswag himself.

Stalker boys doing what stalker boys do, trying to give myself an edge by trying to get to know you all from previous posts
#hbc = hardbody crew
hardbody | verb, can double as a noun
definition = to band together to lynch someone in dominant, overpowering fashion without mercy
in a sentence = pokechu got majority lynched d2 after a mere three posts. he got hardbodied #hbc

games were held in here. the xkcd one you saw was a one off

Last edited:

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Utopian if you need any help just proxy your vote on to mine so we can end this quick. Mom's making willow tree chicken salad sandwiches and I wanna move back home by Thursday for em.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
With it hitting 7PM CST.

It’s time to make a summer bash, new games and new mafia to play. Let’s cone together and make an old school game. Hit the beach, go outside and lynch each other.

Day 1 begins!

Deadline is set for June 17th 7:00PM CST. It takes 9 to lynch with 17 players alive.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
SOME REMINDERS FOR THE TOWN

if you rolled a power role, itd b prudent to breadcrumb a result in an underhanded way in the event that you die before you get to claim. this is especially important for cop tracker and joat. if youre confident that youre going to live you might b able to get away without doing it. but i figured id throw out the suggestion cuz with 4 scum role hunting and with some of us being out of practice its easy to forget some **** like that. it would suck for the tracker/joat/cop to die with a result n then they cant even share the ****

if youre a vanilla townie try not to perspective slip that youre a vt. the less info we give to scum with regards to role hunting the better

remember that if theres a mafia joat, that he can make himself appear as innocent on a cop check or as not having performed the kill to a tracker. so b mindful of that if we rolled one of those setups and hav to evaluate **** later lest we clear someone erroneously

that said idt we need to hav much discourse over roles lets just lynch scummy ppl

feel free to read me as town for this post but just dont b too vocal about it so i can live a few phases

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
vote mac

he paid for a drink for me a couple months ago so what better way to pay him back

swag

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Vote Nabe

He preclaimed scum and I don't want to lose to him on a scum team if he really ****ing did it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ok, so two things to cover straight from the jump.

1.) This set-up will require a certain amount of set-up analysis, that is to be encouraged, but it is DEFINITELY not something we are going to allow people to use as a shield for contribution on other fronts. That said, if some of the more set-up inclined people want to make a checklist of possible teams we can spoiler and cross off as we gain more, that would be a useful tool as long as that isn't your only contribution.

2.) Activity. It has been a LONG time since I have played a game with deadlines this long. I hate it. I love most of the people here, so there's that, but I can't STAND games that move at a snail's pace. I'm likely going to single-handily contribute to about 30 pages of mafia or I'm going to get bored and do very little. We're aiming for the former. To that end, I HIGHLY value talking with players in real time and will actively destroy my next day to be up at odd hours to track people down if I want to talk. Please give me this.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Beyond that, there are players here with a history of explaining ****-all nothing if not forced. I don't really give a **** about that. What I care about is that you iron out stances from some of these slots and track their history over the course of the game.

Marshy, Nabe, Kev, and every now and again Gorf. I am going to take it as my god given duty to understand where you're looking through this game even beyond your number one suspect.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Marshy, Nabe, Kev, and every now and again Gorf. I am going to take it as my god given duty to understand where you're looking through this game even beyond your number one suspect.
Does that mean you'll blindly proxy vote with me? About time tbh

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I could go back and read some of the more recent games but I'm just going to assume everyone still has the same exact tells as before and the new guys are all dumb easy to read.

That's ****in SICKKK.

God once Rockin dies and we start the actual N0-D1 phase this game is gonna be so fun.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
To that end, I HIGHLY value talking with players in real time and will actively destroy my next day to be up at odd hours to track people down if I want to talk. Please give me this.
i understand you with this and am game for it. just let it b in the evening if you want to talk cuz thats generally when im more free

ive played offsite and get the value of interacting with people to formulate reads, question them, and bounce ideas off each other. its very fun. im down to do it. my goal would b for us to find each other as town and work from there to help solve the game. two things i would bring up are 1) im much better when everyone has posted. so adjust any expectation accordingly and 2) b cautious when interacting with people in real time cuz ive found that, as scum, it can b an easy way to pull the wool over a townies eyes. im not saying this for you specifically but as a general word of caution to any townie interested

Maven89

Smash Master
SOME REMINDERS FOR THE TOWN

if you rolled a power role, itd b prudent to breadcrumb a result in an underhanded way in the event that you die before you get to claim. this is especially important for cop tracker and joat. if youre confident that youre going to live you might b able to get away without doing it. but i figured id throw out the suggestion cuz with 4 scum role hunting and with some of us being out of practice its easy to forget some **** like that. it would suck for the tracker/joat/cop to die with a result n then they cant even share the ****

if youre a vanilla townie try not to perspective slip that youre a vt. the less info we give to scum with regards to role hunting the better

remember that if theres a mafia joat, that he can make himself appear as innocent on a cop check or as not having performed the kill to a tracker. so b mindful of that if we rolled one of those setups and hav to evaluate **** later lest we clear someone erroneously

that said idt we need to hav much discourse over roles lets just lynch scummy ppl

feel free to read me as town for this post but just dont b too vocal about it so i can live a few phases
This comes off forced

Vote: Marshy

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Ok, so two things to cover straight from the jump.

1.) This set-up will require a certain amount of set-up analysis, that is to be encouraged, but it is DEFINITELY not something we are going to allow people to use as a shield for contribution on other fronts. That said, if some of the more set-up inclined people want to make a checklist of possible teams we can spoiler and cross off as we gain more, that would be a useful tool as long as that isn't your only contribution.
to add to this

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/16335-Ninjas-Guns-Sign-Up

this post outlines all possible setup options available. at this point, publicly talking about setup options isnt worth doing, but keeping this in hand will be good down the road.

also, IF YOURE A PR AND SOMEONE CLAIMS A ROLE THAT CANT EXIST WITH YOUR ROLE PLEASE DONT BE A DUMBASS AND HASTILY OUT YOURSELF TO SECURE THEIR LYNCH.

JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Two more things.

1.) I misread and that was Maven that preclaimed scum, so I'll proxy Kev for now. Vote Rockin

2.) People who know about my life know I've been taking care of my step-grandad who is not doing too well. He's now home and stuck in a hospital bed. Requires a lot of care. I just recently got home and my mother went up there in my stead. Today, my aunt has ended up in the hospital with a heart condition, so I'm going back up there to take care of my step-grandad while she goes to see about her sister. This will cause me to be less active than I intended, but I'll be around still.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
also, IF YOURE A PR AND SOMEONE CLAIMS A ROLE THAT CANT EXIST WITH YOUR ROLE PLEASE DONT BE A ******* AND HASTILY OUT YOURSELF TO SECURE THEIR LYNCH.
Aww **** that. Don't out yourself until the lynch isn't happening anymore, especially if we're in a set-up without a protective PR. With this playerlist, we can trust a little bit in the ability of players to not let a ****ing lynch go if it's gonna slip away.

Top Bottom