• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Next, I know nothing about Dooplissity Dooplissity @Fire Emblemier or UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin

I think I've played with FE before, but I can't recall it. What do I need to know about you three going in? What do you need to know about me?
(Nabe was the only one I've had the chance of playing with out of those, and I was able to find out about y'all solely through having to tag #HBC over... and over... and whenever I wanted to go @Nabe it wouldn't work so I would have to move my finger soooo far to the vertical bar.) And then I went back and read through some of your old games so I'd have more context about the Hudson Bay Company or whatever HBC stands for.

I played "party" mafia before I came here, and I can vouch that the two are completely different from each other. In other words I started playing actual mafia for uPick. I have a "solid" 3 games of mafia under my belt HERE, and 3 games of Rico. 1 I played in, 1 I hosted well, and 1 I... it's still going. Not as much of a track record as you all have, obviously, but at least there's some of my background here. You all are no doubtly the more experienced players hope I can learn something. (I tried hydraing with Kary in the last game...and then got paranoid and claimed cop D1 because we had the majority of caps at 24 hours, which was when I thought the phase end was. In fairness, we would have been killed regardless because the new mafia did have us capped N0, so it was either Pokechu or us who were guaranteed to die. Opened my mouth once the save-Pokechu train started rolling. Good times.)
I'm not good at this. Do you have any questions about what you want to know about me? My playstylr is kinda eccentric, I tend to ignore the meta but that's probably just ignorance, and I usually read too far into reverse psychology in decisions, while that's probably beneficial with this game where everybody is thinking 17 steps ahead.

I'll answer any of your questions.

Likewise, I don't really have any questions for you, because it seemsyou put everythijg on the table in terms of how this game should be played in earlier posts, i.e. to the point, without bull****, efficient communication, and a preference for one-on-one chats with townies to get read check ups. Nothing else really strikes me as urgent to ask you. Yet, I would like to hear how you judge your own playstyle, in your own words.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
HEYOOOOOOOOOO!

I freakin knew something was wrong with my coffee this morning man! Like, I woke up at the usual 6:30 PM like it was any ol' day and had my patented walrus and coffee combo, and for some reason there was a rumbling in my stomach.

Wait a minute. Is this a hiatus breaking DGames Mafia game?

And THAT'S when it hit me man! Nothin' like some good ol' hippy dippy trippy snippies to get you back into the spirit of good vibes and totally bustin' some NARCS man! :)

Hello one and hello all! Unity is the name of the game here guys, and there are ****ing narcs lurking among us, trying to totally take us down and abolish our right to live free man! And that's not good :). But I know that if we band together we can totally crush those pesky narcs and be free to toast as much walrus as our freakin' lungs can contain! I hope this experience is as transcendental and illustrious for you guys as it's already been for me man! Like, if you had my vantage point right now, you'd be seein' some stuff.

Hit me up if you wanna have a good time, my door is ALWAYS open for some chill vibes!

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ryker, you actually know(knew) me pretty well. I was TBG on AiB and NS2. I think my meta's changed a lot since then bc I've been herding cats on Mafiascum where people are ****ing dumb, but I suppose that's for you to judge.

Psa to all, I work 10-6ish Pacific time, so don't expect me during those hours. I might be able to mobile post if I'm stuck in compile hell but don't count on it.

vote marshy. It's really incongruent that his first post is both encouraging breadcrumbing and also warning against giving role info.

#HBC | Gorf

At one point, I genuinely thought this was a good move D1.
I mean like honestly, what better way to express peace and love than to fight against the murder machine am I right?!

Giiiiiive peace a chance!

Scumbo McJohnson. I was told to watch out for you. Vote: Gorf
Woah my name ain't scumbo buddy, but I totally understand the apprehension man! I've got some bad history, but I'm a totally reformed man bro! Back in the day, I made some decisions. But now I'm all about peace, love, and joy. Don't let my history define who I am today brother. :)

DOWN WITH THE RIGHT WING! FREEEEEEEEEDOM!

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I could go back and read some of the more recent games but I'm just going to assume everyone still has the same exact tells as before and the new guys are all dumb easy to read.

That's ****in SICKKK.

God once Rockin dies and we start the actual N0-D1 phase this game is gonna be so fun.
What's this about Rockin? Is he a common d1 lynch?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I mean like honestly, what better way to express peace and love than to fight against the murder machine am I right?!

Giiiiiive peace a chance!

Woah my name ain't scumbo buddy, but I totally understand the apprehension man! I've got some bad history, but I'm a totally reformed man bro! Back in the day, I made some decisions. But now I'm all about peace, love, and joy. Don't let my history define who I am today brother. :)

DOWN WITH THE RIGHT WING! FREEEEEEEEEDOM!
Okay, I'll give it a sh-

._. You changed your avi...
I don't know how long I can do with this persona...

(I was almost lynched in Nabe's uPick for unironically using this logic, but I don't realy want to dwell here for too much longer)

#HBC | Gorf

Ryker, you actually know(knew) me pretty well. I was TBG on AiB and NS2.
Wooooooooah dude that's wicked! We've had a lot of totally wicked cool brothers come here from AiB, so welcome to the club man! How long have you been chillin here on DGames brother? I'm trying my best not to be a judgmental white collar trash heap, but I wanna hear a bit about you from some groovy cats like #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker and #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe . I don't wanna be totally blinded by the gift of gab only to realize you're a ****in narc in disguise if you know what I mean!

If only I had my blood brother #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry here to weigh in :( R.I.P, the pigs took his innocent soul too soon.

#HBC | Gorf

I don't know how long I can do with this persona...
Brother, I totally get it! For some people it takes time to ease into the chill vibes, but trust me man. With a little bit of walrus, and a whole lot of love, you and I can change the freakin' WORLD man! Don't feel scared to talk to me at all man, I'm like an open book brother! Just read the pages and you'll figure out the story. :)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why is this relevant, why post this?

Scumbo McJohnson. I was told to watch out for you. Vote: Gorf

Is this a serious vote? Who told you to watch out for Gorf, and why are you listening to them? Are they in this game, and if so, what do you think of them?

Finally, why didn't you respond or react to my vote on you?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Marshy, Nabe, Kev, and every now and again Gorf. I am going to take it as my god given duty to understand where you're looking through this game even beyond your number one suspect.
I'm surprised you didn't mention Frozenflame here, as I know he's someone you wanted to crack open in terms of reads a few games ago. Any reason for that? I'm also curious why you didn't mention me, purely to inflate my ego.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wooooooooah dude that's wicked! We've had a lot of totally wicked cool brothers come here from AiB, so welcome to the club man! How long have you been chillin here on DGames brother? I'm trying my best not to be a judgmental white collar trash heap, but I wanna hear a bit about you from some groovy cats like #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker and #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe . I don't wanna be totally blinded by the gift of gab only to realize you're a ****in narc in disguise if you know what I mean!

If only I had my blood brother #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry here to weigh in :( R.I.P, the pigs took his innocent soul too soon.
I was like, 12-14 when I was on AiB so I was kind of a **** then lol. I chilled out some by the NS2 days at least. Technically I've been around dgames for a long time, but I've only been active the last half year or so. Ryker hasn't played with me in years so I don't know how accurate he'll be. If you want to meta me, poke people I've played with in the last while, like Poyzin or Maven.

#HBC | Gorf

I was like, 12-14 when I was on AiB so I was kind of a **** then lol. I chilled out some by the NS2 days at least. Technically I've been around dgames for a long time, but I've only been active the last half year or so. Ryker hasn't played with me in years so I don't know how accurate he'll be. If you want to meta me, poke people I've played with in the last while, like Poyzin or Maven.
Honestly man, as long as I know you know what you're doin, we should be totally groovy... But don't you dare sully the good name of the #HBC brother, you won't like us when we're angry man! But yea man, Maven89 Maven89 how groovy of a dude would you say Doop over here?

Realistically, the only other guys I can't honestly call soul brothers are Poyzin and Pythag. But Pythag is an ancient relic of DGames history, so he's totally got my respect for that alone. And Poyzin, well, I'm sure after he loosens up a bit and winds down with some sticky walrus he'll totally be an awesome amigo, but I bet hanging with the big boys is gonna give em a bit of an early spook, so I'll be keeping that in mind. :)

#HBC | Gorf

Dooplissity Dooplissity brother, marshy just called your reason for voting him heinous and a crime against human rights. And I mean I'm all for an apathetic lifestyle but he just called your reason for suspicion total malarkey! I didn't necessarily think you were foolin' around when you said that his asking for breadcrumbs and for flower-power roles not to out themselves was off putting and whatever, but now you're sending some mixed signals. Can you, like, explain where your mind was when you called marshy out for being a narc? Do you still think he's a narc?

#HBC | Gorf

Ok so Ran is scum that’s cool.
Bruhooooo

I didn't wanna believe it at first but now I think you're onto something man!

Unvote

Vote: Ranmaru

I don't know about like silencing the silent and throwing Rockin into the grave just yet, but I'm starting to smell a ****in narc, and it smells like an artistic rendition of a 19th century president of a fascist nation if you know what I mean!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
lol no, but the avatar is pretty legit

at the moment, I have nothing but the few questions I have, no strong pings yet

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Why is this relevant, why post this?
vote: no lynch

optimal play
It was relevant to the quote, i.e. Gorf's sarcasm.

Is this a serious vote? Who told you to watch out for Gorf, and why are you listening to them? Are they in this game, and if so, what do you think of them?
Unvote
It was a "serious" vote, which is one that I would have no doubtly changed, but given that I'm not about to hammer Gorf, a mere vote doesn't really matter. Sorry Gorf, I still love you.

Finally, why didn't you respond or react to my vote on you?
I honestly don't believe that a baseless vote, especially one where I had yet to even make a post in the thread, deserves any response. You didn't provide any reasoning, so I assume it your vote was just to apply pressure for me to respond to it, perhaps get me to crack under pressure. None of the players have yet to **** anything up, so don't think any posts made thus far have any substance in terms of making a player lynch worthy.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Hi everyone! I haven't played in a long time, I feel like I've forgotten how to play mafia.

I'm not good at this. Do you have any questions about what you want to know about me? My playstylr is kinda eccentric, I tend to ignore the meta but that's probably just ignorance, and I usually read too far into reverse psychology in decisions, while that's probably beneficial with this game where everybody is thinking 17 steps ahead.

I'll answer any of your questions.

Likewise, I don't really have any questions for you, because it seemsyou put everythijg on the table in terms of how this game should be played in earlier posts, i.e. to the point, without bull****, efficient communication, and a preference for one-on-one chats with townies to get read check ups. Nothing else really strikes me as urgent to ask you. Yet, I would like to hear how you judge your own playstyle, in your own words.
What do you mean by your playstyle is eccentric? How do you think your playstyle would differ as town and scum?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I should clarify. I mean, why was it relevant to your vote. I also want to know *why* you posted it, your thought process there.

Fair response to my question about my vote.

JeXs

Smash Champion
lol no, but the avatar is pretty legit

at the moment, I have nothing but the few questions I have, no strong pings yet
I know you don't have any strong pings at the moment, but what do you feel about Gorf at the moment?

JeXs

Smash Champion
.... Well that came out weird. My brain clearly does not work.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hey Jex welcome to the thread, would you like to proxy your vote with mine so we can end this game as fast as possible?

Thanks in advance

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
One sec, getting to JeXs first.

What do you mean by your playstyle is eccentric? How do you think your playstyle would differ as town and scum?
Hmm, as I was talking with Kary in the previous game, my biggest thing is that I whenever I see something out of the ordinary, I would investigate, which is fine, but usually my interpretation of "out of the ordinary" is wrong in the end. "Oh, player A is trying to help town? Hm, looks like player A is scum trying to look like town by helping town, just to kill us later." "Player B is completely innocent? Well maybe that's just what Player B wants you to think." I advise you all to not look too far into my train of thought, as it's usually plummeting off of a bridge.

I mean, my goal as town is to make myself appear blatantly town to help town, and my goal as scum is to appear "blatantly town" to backstab town. I know that me saying this makes myself seem super suspicious, given that I try to make my scum game as close as possible to my town game, but I would be lying if I said that my goal as scum is to be the D1 lynch, if I was scum. Originally, my goal in the game, regardless if I was scum or town, was to survive for as long as possible, resorting only to self-preservation. It was a terrible mindset, especially as town trying to outlast the other townies. I dropped that mentality in the previous game, and am now committed to helping town from then forward.

The above was just being truthful about my previous games being played, so that you all know kind of how I play to make up for lost time. Granted, me saying that my scum=town and vice versa doesn't make anything easier, but scum/Poyzin still has the common scum tells. See "My Mafia Academia" for scum/Poyzin in action. The other games I played I was third party, or died early.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yo Jex. Good to see you. I should say, I'm glad to play with you all again. I do want to talk to you through out the game as well, and we can spam the game to our content as we have done before. To answer your question, at the moment Gorf is null-town. From this page, it feels like he is messing around with no clear agenda, which feels more townie. The only reason I have him as null leaning as well, is because he hasn't actually tried to really initiate his own scumhunting, kind of just following along for now.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
(I was trying to find Ranmaru's post so I was searching the thread for all mentions of me. Missed one, responding)

Utopian if you need any help just proxy your vote on to mine so we can end this quick. Mom's making willow tree chicken salad sandwiches and I wanna move back home by Thursday for em.
Why?

I should clarify. I mean, why was it relevant to your vote. I also want to know *why* you posted it, your thought process there.

Fair response to my question about my vote.
I'm really sorry, are you referring to the first or second question you asked me?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The first question, about Gorf's sarcasm. I want to know why you posted that.

JeXs

Smash Champion
One sec, getting to JeXs first.

Hmm, as I was talking with Kary in the previous game, my biggest thing is that I whenever I see something out of the ordinary, I would investigate, which is fine, but usually my interpretation of "out of the ordinary" is wrong in the end. "Oh, player A is trying to help town? Hm, looks like player A is scum trying to look like town by helping town, just to kill us later." "Player B is completely innocent? Well maybe that's just what Player B wants you to think." I advise you all to not look too far into my train of thought, as it's usually plummeting off of a bridge.

I mean, my goal as town is to make myself appear blatantly town to help town, and my goal as scum is to appear "blatantly town" to backstab town. I know that me saying this makes myself seem super suspicious, given that I try to make my scum game as close as possible to my town game, but I would be lying if I said that my goal as scum is to be the D1 lynch, if I was scum. Originally, my goal in the game, regardless if I was scum or town, was to survive for as long as possible, resorting only to self-preservation. It was a terrible mindset, especially as town trying to outlast the other townies. I dropped that mentality in the previous game, and am now committed to helping town from then forward.

The above was just being truthful about my previous games being played, so that you all know kind of how I play to make up for lost time. Granted, me saying that my scum=town and vice versa doesn't make anything easier, but scum/Poyzin still has the common scum tells. See "My Mafia Academia" for scum/Poyzin in action. The other games I played I was third party, or died early.
Alright, thanks! I'll check out that game later on when I don't feel horrid. I'd say your goal as town should not to be to appear blatantly town, but to look for scum. Do you tend to not be very confident with your reads?

Yo Jex. Good to see you. I should say, I'm glad to play with you all again. I do want to talk to you through out the game as well, and we can spam the game to our content as we have done before. To answer your question, at the moment Gorf is null-town. From this page, it feels like he is messing around with no clear agenda, which feels more townie. The only reason I have him as null leaning as well, is because he hasn't actually tried to really initiate his own scumhunting, kind of just following along for now.
Hi Ran! I'll do my best to talk plenty and be as active as I can, though timezones and my low energy levels might hinder that a little. Do you think the latter is out of the ordinary for Gorf? It's still early game now after all. As for myself, I have a town lean on Gorf.

Top Bottom