• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

JeXs

Smash Champion
JeXs JeXs How are you feeling about Rockin now? Care to join me on a Maven wagon?
Not a fan. I don't see his issues with you voting Tom (your biggest scum read at the time) over voting me, just because FF was also voting me.
Slightly concern with the pick of who you think/feel are town. Not because of who they are or the reasoning, but more of the presence that it's there in the first place early on in-game (though I guess that's just 'experienced Marshy' talking).

Are there any people in particular you have a scumleans on and why?
Also, him being concerned with Marshy giving his reads as a response to a question doesn't make sense to me at all.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Nothing like working with a man to see if he's a ****ing narc.

JeXs JeXs where you looking at the moment. Just gimmie preliminary thoughts. Sort the cast into "Can go," "Would be ok with going," and "Not the play."
Can go:
Rockin
Nabe
Maven

Would be ok with going:
Pythag
Doop

Not the play:
JeXs
Tom
KevinM
Ranmaru
Marshy
Gorf
Kary
Mac
Ryker
Poyzin
FrozenFlame
JTB

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That's damn good ****, Marshy. Thanks for sharing.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Jex remember when you said you were surprised that I'd scum leaned you before? Is there anything in your play right now you think I should be seeing that I didn't?
Can you rephrase that? Maybe it's my head not working right but I genuinely don't understand.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Can go:
Rockin
Nabe
Maven

Would be ok with going:
Pythag
Doop
Ok, this list is workable. I like it. I assume the top 3 are Rockin and then the other two because they're unsolvable.

What exactly is your issue with Doop?

Speaking of which Dooplissity Dooplissity where is your punk ass?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes. You were surprised I was scum leaning you, is there anything from your past play that I should be seeing here that I may have missed?

JeXs

Smash Champion
Ok, this list is workable. I like it. I assume the top 3 are Rockin and then the other two because they're unsolvable.

What exactly is your issue with Doop?

Speaking of which Dooplissity Dooplissity where is your punk ***?
His engagement with Marshy and then trying to sidestep it by asking for other people to weigh in felt... off? to me. And also, he just hasn't been here at all and I almost forgot he was in the game.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Yes. You were surprised I was scum leaning you, is there anything from your past play that I should be seeing here that I may have missed?
I assume you were scum leaning me because of me jumping onto a wagon and the "scum slip"? I think I already explained both, and considering we've played together a bunch in the past, I was kinda known for being sheepy and you getting a scum tell out of that didn't feel right at all.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Can go:
Rockin
Nabe
Maven

Would be ok with going:
Pythag
Doop

Not the play:
JeXs
Tom
KevinM
Ranmaru
Marshy
Gorf
Kary
Mac
Ryker
Poyzin
FrozenFlame
JTB
can you order the "not the play" tier please? can even break up into "strong town," "moderate town," "mild town," and "null" in fact

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Fair enough. All I remember is your tendency to post a lot.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
My confidence on Maven is due to his meta more than anything, alongside his vote on Marshy and lack of follow up.
It's a ***** to find these nowadays, especially since Maven isn't in the archive. (Someone should update that) Basically, Maven has a tendency to lurk as mafia, I'm not sure it's commonly known but he does it more so than his town games. (I have misread his town games when he lurked too) After seeing his vote on Marshy, and a reasoning that I couldn't really see, and no follow up, I realized he actually may be scum here, and I thought wagoning him would be of utmost importance. Now in his town game, rarely I see him do this but in this particular one, he was obvious town, and actually finding mafia earlier than anyone else. (A wall post, but a good wall post calling people out) So this is why I'm running him up with only little posts to read him by. If it weren't for his meta, I would not be running him up nor would I pay too much mind to his post, I would still think of him as more of a question mark as I said in my original reads.

Mafia Maven: Gun Mini Game
Mafia Maven: Death Note Mafia
Town Maven: Crossover Mafia
Don't like the Maven reasoning here; there are plenty of reasons to go Maven, but the meta shouldn't be one. Not a huge deal, as there are meta fans here. I haven't checked, but it seems as if Crossover Mafia is an outlier, as Maven wasn't active in uPick. This shouldn't affect this game. I'm fine with this.

Also, in case I'm a pot calling the kettle black,
Unvote

I would generally think you'd want people to join you on your most confident scum read. That's what I was saying there. I wasn't going for only pressure as opposed to lynching him, but now I feel less confident about Tom after he clarified his meaning. (Also after re-reading him)
We can't always have our favorite lynch target. It's okay to accept a 4th or 5th, and you don't have to only push for your 1st.

On the topic of asking about myself, what's your updated read on myself, Ryker?
I'mma sound like Kary for a second:
Why do you care? Town shouldn't be nervous about how others view them. This isn't the first time you've done this, you want to know how everybody thinks of you, which doesn't matter in the scheme of things.

None of these are terrible posts, (maybe the last), but this is just rubbing me poorly. Would love a response to these by Ran, maybe it can change my mind.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Above was for #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker btw.

Rockin
Nabe
Maven
So you literally chose those who were inactive or haven't voted. That's extremely petty, and only lurkers should not be your first lynch lineup. Trying to save friends perhaps? It's not a bad scum play to keep all the active posters happy by leaving them town.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Fair enough. All I remember is your tendency to post a lot.
Uhh... yea. I did use to post a lot. But my energy levels are way lower now than they are in the past, haha. Also, dealing with lots of stuff.

JeXs

Smash Champion

So you literally chose those who were inactive or haven't voted. That's extremely petty, and only lurkers should not be your first lynch lineup. Trying to save friends perhaps? It's not a bad scum play to keep all the active posters happy by leaving them town.
....What?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

Oh boo.

Look man, I like you, but Nabe and Maven should be in absolutely everyone's "Can Go" pile.

Tell me they aren't in yours.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Oh boo.

Look man, I like you, but Nabe and Maven should be in absolutely everyone's "Can Go" pile.

Tell me they aren't in yours.
Okay, I'm not saying their the pretties in the town pile, but why are the inactives the only ones in the list? Is the whole thread just T v T v T v T v T v T v T?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Okay, I'm not saying their the pretties in the town pile, but why are the inactives the only ones in the list? Is the whole thread just T v T v T v T v T v T v T?
My list right now is something like (off the top of my head)

Can Go

Maven
Nabe

Would be okay with going

Rockin
Pythag
Doop

I also didn't ask him for his reads list. Just who can go. You can have someone who you think might be scum that you don't think is the play.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
You literally just unvoted because you care what other people think about you and then asked someone else "why do you care what others think about you"
Don't like the Maven reasoning here; there are plenty of reasons to go Maven, but the meta shouldn't be one. Not a huge deal, as there are meta fans here. I haven't checked, but it seems as if Crossover Mafia is an outlier, as Maven wasn't active in uPick. This shouldn't affect this game. I'm fine with this.

Also, in case I'm a pot calling the kettle black, unvote
I didn't want to say that "Maven's scum meta is the reason to lynch them" while lynching them. Also I meant to switch to Ranmaru, as stated.

And as for the latter bit, I really don't care whether you think I'm town or scum. I'm not going to give myself a self-read, nor ask anybody to do it for me. That was my bit on that.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Meta is a good tool to use, not right that it shouldn't be a factor. Some people don't like it because meta can lock a person into a certain path, but regardless it'll come up anyway. The second quote, that was my response to Rockin not liking that I voted Tom solely, rather then just joining the wagon on Jex. I'd rather make unique choices and push towards a person that no one is actually voting. Ryker is right that you should choose major wagons, but I'm at the point where I want to make major wagons instead of simply follow around. Then if I can't get what I want, I'm fine with joining others. I have since moved on from Tom to Maven, who I feel would have been more of a useful use of my vote, and others have joined me, so I would say for now, it has been effective. Generally you want to go for your 1st rather then accepting a 4th or 5th so early in the day. I'm also not nervous about how people like Marshy or Ryker view me, I'm actually interested in their opinion since they have supported my wagon, and even voted it, and then haven't said much after some time, so I was curious what they were thinking after some time.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
My punk ass is about to enter hour 10 of work. I'm about to be on the bus home, I loosely followed through the day on mobile.

vote rockin

Don't like Maven wagon. Will explain more when not on mobile

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You're coming home from work and about to go to work again? Damn bro. Good luck.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Uto, I'd appreciate a response by the way. What did you think of what I said?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
finally home. Finally not phone posting/reading

I'm not. I also just read your recent posts. Not a fan of how I started. Me neither tbh.

I'll answer the second question below since Mac asked something similar.

You're correct Mac.

If I'm criticized for my slow vote, I would criticize him for his quick one, I thought it was a really weak argument, which is why I used the grasping at straws thing.

I mentioned something I find scummy, but I also failed to look at the context and see that it was literally the question he was asked. Like I said, egg on my face. His (UP)'s response was straight forward. I'm cool with it. Gorf also helped me see the light.

From my reread and reading onwards, Ran is being like...proactively (aggressively?) reactionary? That's maybe the best way I can describe it.

He wants to know what you think before you even have posted anything, I would assume so he can debate that.
Especially with the interaction between Tom, UP, and now the rest of the group ("what do you think about me? what do you think about me?") It strikes me as weird. To put it in a illustration : Ran is a lot of heat, without a lot of light. Is it scummy? ehhh, kinda? idk exactly. It's certainly strange.

Ran M. Ru V. Tom T. Cat (2019) = Ran is scummier than Tom, but there's ofc possibility for T v T.

FF doesn't like Jex for his eagerness to wagon with Kevin.
I feel by that reasoning FF should find Kevin suspicious, yet in his most recent post he says Kevin's looking better and better. That strikes me as a hypocritical in a way.

Gorf : I like your reasoning maaaaaaaan

Marshy vs Doop, Marshy wins, It seems that FF backs this up

The previous game I was in with him he also lurked a lot, and he was town. (he also replaced in) FWIW.

Maven, Nabe and Rockin have posted little (pot calling the kettle, i know. At least y'all were told I was away!)

I have no read on Ryker, but I like his recent post about putting skin in the game.

Vote : Maven

part of this is hitching my vote to Gorf, part of it is that while I find Ran weird, I can't immediately put my finger down on if it's scummy or not.
Every post before this was air clearance. He gave the same Ran v Tom read as I did, used the same logic that I had on Jex. Now onto the content:

Just a lot of babble in my opinion. Gives practically no insight on the game, hitches to Gorf for some reason after saying "I like your reasoning maaaaaan" and that's all we heard on that front. Basic synopsis of game events, i.e. Ran v Tom once again. Synopsis of Ran's playstyle. No comment on Ryker, which is useless.

^^ I was commenting all over the place in there, but all-in-all, Pythag as so far posted a load of nothing-words. I'm not the one to lynch somebody for nothing, so I can't endorse Pythag as of now. I WILL endorse him on the next day, granted he lives until then, if Pythag doesn't start posting meaningful analysis's and opinions. So if I can get another Pythag Pythag post, that would be pretty neat.

Top Bottom