• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Yuhooooooo Kamina my man! Mind if I just ISO myself where I've talked about Doop and answer questions instead of like pulling a case study real quick? If you're gonna be chillin' in the thread we can roll up and have a good time brother!

JeXs

Smash Champion
thanks. can you talk a little about why gorf and tom are where they are please?
Gorf has been pretty open about his stances and thoughts, even though his persona has made it a little annoying to read. And off of memory, when he was engaging someone (I believe it was Mac?), he was pretty headstrong about his stance, which really felt like an indignant townie to me.

Tom has been generally helpful with correcting stuff that people got wrong/misunderstood on, even if they're not by him, like in the case of Mac misunderstanding Gorf's post. He has also been pretty snarky in some of his responses, which comes off as being unafraid of offending others, which feels a little townie to me. I'm not too confident on this one though, so he's mild town.

JeXs

Smash Champion
follow up

off the top of your head what are your thoughts/opinions on kary/jtb and whyd you feel they deserved to b put in null?
I liked some of their posts and thoughts. But I don't particularly feel one way or another about them yet, so they're null to me for now.

#HBC | Gorf

Smashboards needs to bring back the old multiquote style man! Might be the groovy nostalgia goggles, but that was so much easier than this man :(

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Rockin!

My guy, I see you there. Do you want to be the default wagon, or can I get you in on some action?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
People who are more in tune with Rockin: is he likely to be around tonight? I wanna talk to him. :3c
I'm around now, as I'm just coming back from work (early shift for me today, as I usually come back from work a few hours later). so you can ask me some stuff while I catch up in the thread.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm around now, as I'm just coming back from work (early shift for me today, as I usually come back from work a few hours later). so you can ask me some stuff while I catch up in the thread.
I'll let you need. What is it I need to be looking at in this game?

#HBC | Gorf

I also can't seem to find an easy way to ISO. I never deny the possibility of too much walrus, but something tells me it's smashboards' searching capabilities being supremely unintuitive!

Dooplissity Dooplissity brother, marshy just called your reason for voting him heinous and a crime against human rights. And I mean I'm all for an apathetic lifestyle but he just called your reason for suspicion total malarkey! I didn't necessarily think you were foolin' around when you said that his asking for breadcrumbs and for flower-power roles not to out themselves was off putting and whatever, but now you're sending some mixed signals. Can you, like, explain where your mind was when you called marshy out for being a narc? Do you still think he's a narc?

See, like, you can say you were riding the same wave as Maven here, but you totally jumped the shark in trying to back your vote with a reason, and realistically, that reason is kinda bogus man. Like, objectively speaking, marshy's opening post isn't bad advice man. I seriously doubt marshy or Ryker expected those posts to be read and for people to get a town read on them. I know I didn't think of mine in that way. It's just, like, their objective take on how the most effective way to keep the ****in narcs off our tail. One and done. I'd have to wait on Maven to weigh in, but like the reasoning you gave for your marshy vote (the notion that giving breadcrumbs is gnarly and pr's outing themselves is no bueno is a contradiction) is NOT the same as his post feeling forced. See what I'm saying man?

Your bit about marshy not wanting to vote you, like, makes "sense" I guess, but it strikes me as, like... forced man. I don't know. And I'm not gonna, like, throw in some cockamamie reasoning for why I think it is, but like it seems like it's just there to add more credence to your marshy vote.
I ask because, like, when presented with the same information we both come to two totally different conclusions. I see his vote on marshy and it's like if I saw someone toasting some walrus and assumed they'd share. Kinda jumping the gun a bit man! And I mean, on the surface I can kinda understand him thinking it's suspicious of marshy to just fos him instead, but that's also too, like, simple man. I dunno. And on top of that he's basically had nothing else to say about anything so far. I totallu get not wanting to out townleans but not even any sort of intrigue in any other directions aside from what he's actively involved in?
What an eloquent way to, like, sum that up man. :)
(I care more about quoting this because I actually dig Ryker's post that I was responding to here, easily readable if you follow the quote. It's about Doop taking an easy little potshot at me for something really dumb)

Yeeeeeeea brother!

Aside from Marshy fosing Doop, there was no real steam built on exploring him at the time, and I wasn't vibing with how that all played out. Doop gave a bogus reason for voting marshy based on his opening, marshy voiced concern about it, and Doop started to fire back on marshy being non committal over it. I thought that smelled pretty gnarly (but in like a bad way, not like a "totally gnarly dude! way), and I wanted to see where it went. If I had to put an order to my reads at the time, I'd say Ran was a #1 and Doop was a #2.

That should sum up all of my posts regarding my distaste of Doop, and reading back I still think it holds up pretty well. And now, at this point I don't know if I'm really ready to push super hard on his most recent content since his work situation sounds like mondo suck and having to conform to the man can **** with anyone's psyche, even a ****ing narc's.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Gorf has been pretty open about his stances and thoughts, even though his persona has made it a little annoying to read. And off of memory, when he was engaging someone (I believe it was Mac?), he was pretty headstrong about his stance, which really felt like an indignant townie to me.

Tom has been generally helpful with correcting stuff that people got wrong/misunderstood on, even if they're not by him, like in the case of Mac misunderstanding Gorf's post. He has also been pretty snarky in some of his responses, which comes off as being unafraid of offending others, which feels a little townie to me. I'm not too confident on this one though, so he's mild town.
alright, alright

can you talk about tom a little bit in relation to the rest of your mild town tier (i.e., kevin, mac, frozen) a bit? like, do you feel hes more town than the others (hence him being at the top of that tier) or do you feel differently?

thanks for the cooperation thus far. bear with me

as for other ppl who have asked me stuff give me a bit (might have to wait til tomorrow, currently juggling some irl **** while trying to engage jexs while i hav her here)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I also can't seem to find an easy way to ISO. I never deny the possibility of too much walrus, but something tells me it's smashboards' searching capabilities being supremely unintuitive!
Go to the search feature on this page. Change it to "This thread" and search for posts by this user. That's the best you'll get.

#HBC | Gorf

Go to the search feature on this page. Change it to "This thread" and search for posts by this user. That's the best you'll get.
Yea man, that's the problem. I totally shouldn't have to deal with something that looks like this:

https://smashboards.com/search/493467/

As the best way to read an individual's posts. We need some innovation man! Settling for mediocrity is the biggest enemy of progression, and if you're not a progressive, well you're just as good as a ****in narc now aren't you?

DOWN WITH THE RIGHT REGIME! BURN THE PIGS!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What I like to do is put everyone that I am not looking for on ignore, then I only will see the posts of players I am not ignoring. (Of course, I would un-ignore everyone)

JeXs

Smash Champion
alright, alright

can you talk about tom a little bit in relation to the rest of your mild town tier (i.e., kevin, mac, frozen) a bit? like, do you feel hes more town than the others (hence him being at the top of that tier) or do you feel differently?

thanks for the cooperation thus far. bear with me

as for other ppl who have asked me stuff give me a bit (might have to wait til tomorrow, currently juggling some irl **** while trying to engage jexs while i hav her here)
Ah, no actually, I didn't order them in order. I actually like Mac the most. I liked his posts and stance on Ran especially.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
alright I'm home. Maven's wagon irked me for a couple reasons. One, it had Marshy and Pythag on it which gave me the heebies, but two, there was a pretty large difference between it and Rockin. Both were inactive, but Maven was under fire because inactivity metas him as Scum, whereas Rockin was under fire because of chronic usefulness issues. On a Rockin ML, that's sad, but we've done our housekeeping and that's the point of his lynch anyway. On a Maven ML, what the **** do we get? We just shrug and go "welp, guess we mis-meta'd, that sucks"

JeXs

Smash Champion
Ah, no actually, I didn't order them in order. I actually like Mac the most. I liked his posts and stance on Ran especially.
To add on, if I had to order them, it'd be something like:
Mac
Frozen
Kevin
Tom

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
To add on, if I had to order them, it'd be something like:
Mac
Frozen
Kevin
Tom
ok. and why kevin over tom?

then: why do you feel ive engaged you in this manner and on this topic? do you feel like i am looking for something? and if so, what?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
alright I'm home. Maven's wagon irked me for a couple reasons. One, it had Marshy and Pythag on it which gave me the heebies, but two, there was a pretty large difference between it and Rockin. Both were inactive, but Maven was under fire because inactivity metas him as Scum, whereas Rockin was under fire because of chronic usefulness issues. On a Rockin ML, that's sad, but we've done our housekeeping and that's the point of his lynch anyway. On a Maven ML, what the **** do we get? We just shrug and go "welp, guess we mis-meta'd, that sucks"
.....?

Killing someone because sometimes he's useless is housekeeping, but killing someone who is a current activity problem is way worse?

#HBC | Gorf

Uhh correct me if I'm reading this wrong, but it looks like you're saying Maven's current uselessness (which is what it is to everyone that matters) is a useless lynch, but Rockin's chronic uselessness is productive? Does that mean you advocate a Rockin lynch? Is it just because it's like, the right thing to do here? Cuz that's a super flat out contradiction, man. Plus, Rockin's been pretty far from absent at this point, so defaulting to that isn't really valid anymore. This is super unexplained man, we need some more coooooontext to what you're saying, man.

JeXs

Smash Champion

then: why do you feel ive engaged you in this manner and on this topic? do you feel like i am looking for something? and if so, what?
With kevin, even though he hasn't been explaining much, I think he has made his stances pretty clear with his little comments, and I can see him trying to read the game and thinking about it. With Tom, the reasons I have him as mild town are pretty weak, so he's at the bottom of it.

JeXs

Smash Champion

I think you're trying to get me in the game, to get my feet wet and make my stances public.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Jex, any reason why you feel you couldn't get into the game? I am curious.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Jex, any reason why you feel you couldn't get into the game? I am curious.
I am feeling pretty out of my depth tbh. Also, as I stated before I've been dealing with a lot of stuff irl and also fell sick recently. My energy levels are really low and haven't been able to keep up and think about the game as much as I used to be able to.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol

is your dislike of me solely from our interaction at the beginning of the game?
basically yeah

.....?

Killing someone because sometimes he's useless is housekeeping, but killing someone who is a current activity problem is way worse?

I guess I wasn't clear.

it seemed to me like rockin was up more for housekeeping reasons and maven was up more because people went "inactive maven = scum" rather than because they think maven will continue to have ****ty activity all game

I don't love housekeeping lynches but they're not the worst. Activity meta lynches are hot garbage.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I guess I wasn't clear.

it seemed to me like rockin was up more for housekeeping reasons and maven was up more because people went "inactive maven = scum" rather than because they think maven will continue to have ****ty activity all game

I don't love housekeeping lynches but they're not the worst. Activity meta lynches are hot garbage.
See, this makes no sense to me.

Housekeeping is okay. It's alright to remove a hypothetical bad player because they're bad. It's not great, but it's tolerable. However, it's not alright to remove a player with chronic and current activity problems. The former you can still read, even if they were complete trash, but the latter? That's a crap shoot at best. How is that equal footing for you?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I'm not a fan of the way Pythag started this game and I'm content for my vote to remain there for the time being.
Can you elaborate more on this? Just so I can understand your PoV better.

Hmm. He likes FF's reasoning, yes, but still has an agenda on Tom? Okay, so he has an alternative idea, yes. So he wants to put pressure on Tom which could or could not be a wild goose chase, but still thinks that Jex is scum? So they believe in more than one scum, yes? I fail to see a problem.
The problem was that, at the time, there was barely any pressure (nor were anyone even remotely interested in the wagon/pressuring), where as something with Jex had at least a vote, so there's a bit more of a chance for pressure on that as well as a slight chance for everyone else to look into it and pressure. I mean, however he wants to do it is whatever. I just found the whole thing odd and inconsistant.

Well, you see that inactivity can be a scum strategy as well.
Hmmm. Don't have anything to say on this matter because that is not my current course of action. Rockin scum with a lurker? Mmm yes, potentially Doop, but I have nothing to go off of there, hm. Yes, Rockin did try to defend Doop here, but that's the last thing you want to do for somebody you aren't buddy-buddy with. Are you scummy-buddies Rockin Rockin ?[/quote]

Yes it can, but we still get little to no info if he was mafia. Townies can also lurk and be inactive too.

I also want to clarify I'm not defending him. Just more of stating things in general.

(Rockin, aren't you going to defend yourself from a D1 lynch?)
What is there to defend? lol

I have two people who just randomly hopped on the Rockin wagon (one of them proxyed their vote by request). KevinM himself is going to possibly keep going for my lynch almost no matter what, as it seems to be behond a joke vote at this point. I don't even know why Doop is on my wagon.

The only one who seems to have a legit point is Mac, and I'm going to address it after this post.

Rockin!

My guy, I see you there. Do you want to be the default wagon, or can I get you in on some action?
I remember seeing your 'advertisement' of wanting a bangwagon. If you can convince me to one, I'd appriciate it, as nothing really interest me atm. If you want to sell me on a doop wagon, I'm somewhat interested, but I need a reason. Doop's been saying some poor stuff, but logistically I don't see anything scummy about his post, and gut wise, nothing's ringing.

For the time being tho, my vote is going to go over here

Vote: JeXs

I'll let you need. What is it I need to be looking at in this game?
Now that I got a chance to read up, I'll do my best to answer your question.

- The push/pressure on Maven/any inactives, in regards of votes. I don't quite understand

- JTB, Kary. Trying to figure out more on their stances and thoughts in regards of the game as a whole and their stances on some people.

- The willingness of throwing out townleans so early in game. I felt like I seen people give out their townleans more than their scumleans. It feels like people are lightly establishing people to buddy with in the open. I know it can possibly change, but I only heard of a rare few instances of scumleans.

It doesn't feel like we're scumhunting too much and more of us eliminating 'weaker players' in hopes for a more stronger townie group (such as 'can go' or 'could die') for D2, which I feel it isn't how we should approach things for D1.

Okay, no problem!

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Came back to say goodnight;

Greeted with a Ryker v Doop that I'll probably look through in the morning. And it appears the topic is... mafia meta = whether housekeeping or activity problems are more lynchworthy? And I guess Rockin is the former and Maven is the latter? Has the game regressed to the former wagons? All these questions and more: right after the sleep. Tune in next time to see "how mafia works"

Thats how mafia works ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gnite

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
See, this makes no sense to me.

Housekeeping is okay. It's alright to remove a hypothetical bad player because they're bad. It's not great, but it's tolerable. However, it's not alright to remove a player with chronic and current activity problems. The former you can still read, even if they were complete trash, but the latter? That's a crap shoot at best. How is that equal footing for you?

Wait hold up.

The rockin wagon was because rockin is bad? I thought it was because he's chronically not doing anything?
Maven is a player with chronic activity problems? I don't recall that being the case, and iirc someone posted in this game that he's usually active.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Came back to say goodnight;

Greeted with a Ryker v Doop that I'll probably look through in the morning. And it appears the topic is... mafia meta = whether housekeeping or activity problems are more lynchworthy? And I guess Rockin is the former and Maven is the latter? Has the game regressed to the former wagons? All these questions and more: right after the sleep. Tune in next time to see "how mafia works"

Thats how mafia works ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gnite
i don't even think it's ryker v doop, I think we're just miscommunicating hard here

Doop is on my wagon.
nope

Top Bottom