• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Honestly I'm a little hurt I'm considered a housecleaning lynch (a term I'm just learning today) =/
I sincerely apologize for any offence. That was the impression I got when I asked about why you were a candidate - whether it was a joke thing or a chronic uselessness thing and KevinM replied the way he did. Given that and your first post, I thought it was one of those "player who always pokes in and says they're reading but doesn't actually play the game" cases, and not like, apparently a judgement on your skill level, which is actually super ****ty (seriously wtf guys?).

If it makes you feel any better I don't have anything against you or think poorly of your skill level, I was just generally willing to wagon a player who it looked to me like the town thought wasn't going to actually do anything,

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
for the record I'm also genuinely grumpy that nobody explained the rockin wagon or what was going on - that doesn't help players who aren't familiar with him form a good opinion of the game state. I tried to ask wtf was up with it and was apparently not met with accurate information and it sucks **** to have my time wasted when I'm busy enough as it is

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I sincerely apologize for any offence. That was the impression I got when I asked about why you were a candidate - whether it was a joke thing or a chronic uselessness thing and KevinM replied the way he did. Given that and your first post, I thought it was one of those "player who always pokes in and says they're reading but doesn't actually play the game" cases, and not like, apparently a judgement on your skill level, which is actually super ****ty (seriously wtf guys?).

If it makes you feel any better I don't have anything against you or think poorly of your skill level, I was just generally willing to wagon a player who it looked to me like the town thought wasn't going to actually do anything,
Oh no, not to you directly. More so to the others that consider me that LOL

Honestly I wouldn't too much thought into it. This whole sympathetic air should be dropped asap. It can be talked about it more after game, but for now yeah LOL

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Honestly I'm a little hurt I'm considered a housecleaning lynch (a term I'm just learning today) =/
Hey man, to be fair, I think everyone's on board with the inside joke aside from Doop, who's probably taking it seriously because part of the joke is to take it serious. Don't worry man, it'll be all the more groovy when he flips scum and you're on his wagon! Show HIM how to stick it to the man! RISE UP! REVOLUTION!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
the rockin wagon was half "lol lets kill rockin" half "get the ball rolling." it had some utility in getting some momentum going, votes down, reactions, that kinda ****. a vehicle to get out the early game. kevin didnt like rockins earlier post so used that as a basis to keep it going

back to sleep

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh no, not to you directly. More so to the others that consider me that LOL

Honestly I wouldn't too much thought into it. This whole sympathetic air should be dropped asap. It can be talked about it more after game, but for now yeah LOL
sweet, I just didn't want y'all to think I was bein a **** because that's a line I try not to cross in mafia unless it's warranted

Hey man, to be fair, I think everyone's on board with the inside joke aside from Doop, who's probably taking it seriously because part of the joke is to take it serious. Don't worry man, it'll be all the more groovy when he flips scum and you're on his wagon! Show HIM how to stick it to the man! RISE UP! REVOLUTION!
inside jokes are cool and all but if I don't know the reason someone's up for lynch that's actually a serious problem

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
what up. just finished running d&d for 6 hours and im gonna sleep. i'll post in the morning, i already promised a re-read and by skimming tonight i see there's obviously some questions to ask and **** to nit pick

some quick things

id be bummed if i got vig shot

ryker you're fine by me playboy

rockin we wagon vote you bc you squirm under pressure. it doesn't make you bad. it makes you familiar. you were invited to this game weren't you?

its definitely interesting to talk about if maven-scum=lurk meta exists that sounds like a hot ****in topic. and like other topics its honestly not really about what your opinion is its just about piling on the discussion and feeling it out

ill come tomorrow with the goods

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
but some initial takeaways: only person I'm ok with on Ran's wagon was KevinM, who started it. I'm wary of people who hopped on the ranmaru wagon, esp later on. Also wary of people who seem tentatively ok with Ran going but haven't given much reason why or manned up and voted. Rockin fits both cases

vote: rockin

im also fully ok with Pythag going, and after him Maven / Nabe just for inactivity's sake
I never voted for Ranmaru, And the reason why I didn't vote for him is because, despite the posts either being ugly to look at, or seem somewhat inconsistant with the reasoning, isn't a strong enough reason. The inconsisancy in particular is minor, and I felt the whole post was more emotionally driven than logic. I also feel there's potentially better picks for a lynch: something I'm currently settled in on JeXs (however, I'm open for anyone that isn't an inactive as far as lynches, provided there's some good reasoning behind it).

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Am I being overly analytical again or is this, like, reeeeeally bad?
*shrug*
I'm not gonna whitewash it. Marshy wagon was dead in the water, and based upon the fact that it seemed to me like the maven wagon was a meta-read on his activity level, my choices were [vanity vote, meh wagon, awful wagon].

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
inside jokes are cool and all but if I don't know the reason someone's up for lynch that's actually a serious problem
I don't think I've ever played a game where someone was legitimately policy lynched for how they've always played, especially in an invitational. That's just, like, wicked harsh.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
rockin we wagon vote you bc you squirm under pressure. it doesn't make you bad. it makes you familiar. you were invited to this game weren't you?
I refuse to acknowledge this only because I don't want you to get anymore brownie points >_>;

Haha, but yeah, I was invited. :D

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
rockin did you post why you were voting jexs? i'm looking through for it but cant find it

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
You mis-read the post. When I said similar, I meant that I also have some issues with Tom and Jex, At the moment, I don't see any scum intentions in his post. Jex, however I see slight scum intentions (The willingness to jump on the wagon, and again, I don't think I heard of anything important from them). However, the 1st part (willingness to jump) isn't enough of a strong reason to vote/want to lynch them, and thus want to see how the day continues to see if anything different happen.

I'm just saying I want to keep a closer eye on them.
I see this but here it's not enough to vote? Did something change?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
rockin did you post why you were voting jexs? i'm looking through for it but cant find it
I see this but here it's not enough to vote? Did something change?
No I haven't, but I can elaborate now.

The issue I have is I haven't seen them do much of anything aside from answering a few questions. Just sitting on the sidelines. Before my posts, they sided with KevinM very early on my wagon. Naturally, I didn't bother confronting it since neither of them were a threat. However, the sidelines play and her weak list of people that 'can go' is...well, weak. Two of them are next to non existent, and the one other person (me) have been posting, but they haven't confronted it head on. Feels like they're waiting for others to do the work. from a logic PoV, it seems somewhat scummy (or 'scumlean').

I'm also not convinced with their town/moderate town list. They all seem safe.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
No I haven't, but I can elaborate now.

The issue I have is I haven't seen them do much of anything aside from answering a few questions. Just sitting on the sidelines. Before my posts, they sided with KevinM very early on my wagon. Naturally, I didn't bother confronting it since neither of them were a threat. However, the sidelines play and her weak list of people that 'can go' is...well, weak.Two of them are next to non existent, and the one other person (me) have been posting, but they haven't confronted it head on. Feels like they're waiting for others to do the work. from a logic PoV, it seems somewhat scummy (or 'scumlean').

I'm also not convinced with their town/moderate town list. They all seem safe.
To elaborate more on this part here, this is something that I noticed sometime after my few initial posts in this game.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Wait hold up.

The rockin wagon was because rockin is bad? I thought it was because he's chronically not doing anything?
Maven is a player with chronic activity problems? I don't recall that being the case, and iirc someone posted in this game that he's usually active.
Ok sure. I am just trying to figure out what you mean here. How is chronically useless vs actively useless a better lynch? I don't think you have any evidence whatsoever to make you think that Maven isn't an equivalent "housecleaning" lynch. What is the difference here?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ryker, why do you want Doop again? Also, how do you feel about Marshy not joining the wagons yet. (Especially on Doop)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Hot damn, I just got off stream and was thinking I would be by myself to catch up with no new posts but Ran and Ryker are about that 2 am mafia life as well

I'm working on going through the whole playlist right now to get a grasp on everyone but if there's anything in particular you want me to answer, now's the best time

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
This is me being unemployed with all the free time in the world. Hopefully I do find a job soon though.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Marshy and Ryker have been helpful and actively trying to progress the game. I like their active attempts to engage/push people. I wouldn't put it past them as scum, but I like them for now and have no issues with them. FF has felt pretty town to me, with his posts and thought process. and I can see him trying to solve the game.
Can you point out where Marshy has been helpful towards determining who's scum and how he's actively progress the game?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
didn't quite finish my reread but got some really good stuff in my notes so far

Vote Rockin

this one's for you kevin

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Re-read:

Marshy: I like JTB's point that Marshy pushed Doop yet ignored Maven. I don't think Marshy is strong scum, but I note that he's voted my wagon and is pretty quiet and (like I thought Tom was doing) is showing lack of iniative but yet, Marshy has no reason to wait. He's voting me, so he could talk about Tom v Me, but doesn't. I do feel like Marshy is waiting for something, but I don't think it's town motivated waiting, but rather scum motivated. This implies a scum connection between Maven and Marshy, and Maven being absent has cemented the connection for me. What gets me is that Marshy (along with Ryker) is trying to control the pace of the game from the beginning, which is fine if you want to win the game and do it your way. Yet in between he doesn't do as much. Not sure I agree with Doop's reasoning, and would rather just have his support on Marshy. Now, I'm going to call a lifeline. To all our surprise, the maginificent GORF himself, has made some god like insight, but doesn't realize it.

Look at this nugget:

But what kinda puts me over the top on my read on you is the fact that my main man marshy hasn't tried making me stop pushing you. I'm not kidding dude, I was kind of curious to see him step in and tell me you're being town. Cuz in the past, like, he's tried putting the brakes on me when we've all been town in a game. And then I grumble in the corner and rip on a bleezy to try calming down. And I pack that TO THE FREAKIN BRIM with walrus before it kicks in man!"
Somehow in his brain, he doesn't put 2 and 2 together, and note that Marshy doesn't want to step up for me this game. I wonder why. HMMMMMMMMM Anyway, that's actually a sign of scum motivation that Gorf noticed. It's certainly one I have been caught on myself as scum. Joey caught me with not trying to counter a wagon to save my town read, when I was simply trying to not do something scummy. His only mistake was that he hadn't pushed it far enough, and he let it go. I won the game with Zen.

Marshy votes me in his #311. At the time, I don't have much content that is easy to read by yet, because I have yet to bite hard on anything. Usually you would see me bite on something early game, but do remember, nothing major really happened, and Marshy and Ryker were the majority posting, including Kevin M. At the time, those were null things to me. After I post much more content, he should have something to read me by and update people of what he thinks of me, but he doesn't. He waits it out even more, and what this signifies to me, and GORF of all people made me realize this, is that he's just letting my wagon grow in hopes I get lynched. This is something I realized Zen-scum has done as well, as he stated me as a town read, but never really came to bat for me when the time really counted.

Notice that he's still voting me by this point, and just posts a joke about nabe and rockin, instead of actually moving his vote to somewhere useful.

He responds that he'll talk to me in due time and votes along with me on Maven (and Ryker comes through as well). I was confident that Maven was scum, and also partially wanted to see how Marshy and others would respond. This shows me that they are waiting and being reactive, not something I totally expect from them as town but moreso as scum. This is also something to look into if Maven flips scum. Usually, Marshy of all people, as town, votes a person and usually is pretty accurate. There is much less of this. Why is he wagoning with me instead of voting his own suspect?

I think Marshy is exaggerating with his town read on Ryker. I'm going to call on another life line here. #511

Kary states that he feels Ryker is coasting, and I agree. I think this is Marshyscum! trying to put his buddies in a good position in town, when really Ryker specifically doesn't deserve it. FF may have (if scum) looked good on paper though so that would be in his favor. I'm just not as as sold for FF individually yet. Association wise, yes.

Ryker:

Upon re-reading, Ryker is striking me as suspicious. I thought him not mentioning FrozenFlame was a thing, but I looked at Penguin Power Mafia Redux, and he did not actually want me to press FrozenFlame. I think he wanted me to press Marshy, though. Scratch that, I thought he did. I searched through that game, and I don't see him trying to get me to read him. Maybe it was just the other way around. I'll leave this here so people understand why I thought it was curious he didn't mention FrozenFlame, but I was wrong.

He votes Pythag with me, but also would rather me be voted too. Yet, he isn't voting me or pushing for me except the few posts (like the one addressing Jex about my wagon) He also doesn't He doesn't really try to iniate conversations with myself either. What I expect out of Ryker is always "Ran is going to influence the game, etc etc" and he too, would be more vocal of defending my slot if he had the chance. Not that I need it, but it shows where his interests lie. It's just odd he'd vote Pythag of all people (who I'm voting) yet also support my wagon at the same time. Why not vote me? I am sure Ryker would put his all into wagoning me if he truly thought I was scum. If he wasn't as sure, he knows that more votes would be needed to pressure me. Why Pythag over me? It doesn't seem very passionate, and another thing that gets me:

His #331, most importantly his comment that my flurry of posts are airy. He and I do disagree fundamentally but I don't think that's ever been a problem with him reading me because as he said, he can cleary see where I'm going and usually reads me correctly which has me thinking. He's probably trying to keep a neutral read on me instead of saying anything good about me, especially when I feel confident that my posts are good. As if he wants to keep this opinion of me at neutral or worse.

Again, this is more of his reactive play here.

Again as I stated for Marshy, this is Ryker being reactive over proactive. He's not *really* trying to sell people on a direction, he has been flowing more. First with me on Pythag, and then with me on Maven. The oddness about this is that Marshy, Ryker, and Frozen all suddenly vote. Something to come back to in future days.

So, now here you'll see why I have to continue to ask about my own slot. Here is Ryker, asking Gorf if he still believes I'm scum. He doesn't try to sell him into believing I'm town, he's just asking. That's it. This is the same attitude I get from Marshy, who isn't trying to step in and mention that I'm actually town. I have to goad it out of him, as if he'd rather the opinion not come out voluntarily.

What I don't like here is that Ryker answers the question for Marshy, and Kary makes the point he was asking about him and not asking him directly. I do agree there was no need for Ryker to *suddenly* interupt Kary's line of questioning here.

Here this to me just seems like psuedo content. Also doesn't seem very passionate, I'd expect much more energy towards Doop from Ryker is he was suspecting him hard. It's a bit too laid back.

Frozen Flame:

This is actually very interesting, because Frozen puts Ryker scum flip > Ran scum but not the other way around. I think Frozen has given town reads to easily to Marshy and Ryker. Neither of them have really done much to deserve town credit. I also agree with JTB that it's odd he wagons Maven with me instead of any players he suspects. My weakest scum suspect of the four, but I will tell you that, if he's scum, over the game, you'll see him post very rarely. Frozen used to be night killed all the time and so he lurked more so that he'd be more nullish and stay alive longer. He uses that as scum to coast more and it's hard to really catch him. This happened in Mafia Sleep Over 3 (Gheb + Frozen). So, I want people to remember this, and if he's not as active as he can be, lynch him.

Macman:

Macman is the only one to seriously and voluntarily step up and defend my slot. He also is the only person to bring actual merit to the Rockin wagon, and I find him asking good questions. I can understand why he'd only find Kevin M to be alright on my wagon as well. I have Mac as a Town Lean at the moment, and meta wise, I would expect him to be a bit more lurkish if scum, but generally I think he's doing enough to see he has a direction (questioning gorf, pythag

Jex:

I don't actually see the rationale for Marshy or Ryker. I did like FF's opening post, and more so don't like the town leans he gives to Marshy and Ryker as well. I think overall it's hard to find anything from FF besides how he constructs his stances. Especially with Marshy, because he was actually just rvs voting Mac and only FOS'd Doop. He hasn't really pushed anything. Then he just flowed onto the Maven wagon after voting me.

This actually is something I don't like because Jex has been more than once (unprompted) bringing up that he's sick and low energy. I didn't remember that he's fine with bandwagoning, but I DID remember that he's known to post a lot like myself. It's a little concerning, and I am trying to give him a chance but I don't really find him doing any unique pushes of his own.

In general, I was trying to develop my read further on jex, but because of these two things, I can't honestly move it down. Jex stays at slight scumlean, but if at the moment I had to choose between Jex and Maven, I would pick Maven in a heart beat, especially because Maven is not here yet.

Kary:

I think this line is a strong one and one that makes me think Kary is likely town if Marshy is scum. In general I have liked Kary's questioning, although I have noted one thing and asked him, and he has yet to respond. Still, I like that Kary is questioning Marshy hard.

Rockin:

Alright, so from the little I remember of Rockin, this does not seem like his scum game. I remember in Celeb Rehab Mafia, he posted in a very weird and buddyish manner, and he was scum. Here, he's more stubborn and wrong but actually believes what he's saying, which comes off as genuine. My only concern is that he calls what I say shoddy twice without breaking things down to show why he believes so, as I feel that should be the most important part. Yet, a majority of the town agree with him anyway. I can certainly say I was defensive, because I'm trying to be more defensive in the case a lynch on me goes through, so there is still some good information to look back on in the future, instead of taking a lynch lying down.

I actually think this is a good point from Rockin. Marshy doesn't seem to have any suspects, hasn't voted anyone he truly suspects (besides myself if you could call myself a suspect in his pov) but that's it. Now he's still voting Maven from back when.

I also like this post. I generally agree that Jex has been a bit more in the sidelines, and Marshy had to reel him in.

Pythag:

So this post doesn't really help me develop my read on Pythag further. Plus his comments about me asking about reads on me seems null to me, as I know people generally have a problem with that, and I do it anyway because I feel it helps me with my own reads. He votes Maven thinking he's hitching onto Gorf but it seems like a mistake? I'm not sure. I'm voting him now but would prefer Marshy. I just used Pythag as a placeholder, as I'm not the most confident in him. Also it seems like Pythag isn't trying to really look too hard under the surface, because he says he liked his recent post about tough skin. Of course, in fairness, he says it's not a read, but it shows he isn't reading thoroughly enough.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Marshy: #311, #425 , #446, #474

Marshy makes a big opener, yet coasts in the middle of the game. He doesn't vote Doop but instead FOS'es him, and keeps his RVS vote until he moves his voto to me. Next, after he has some content to read me by, plenty of time passes by, and he doesn't update his stance on me. Instead he goes for a joke about Nabe and Rockin trading hentai. Gorf makes a good insight (which made me realize Marshy is scum this game) that he hasn't actually stepped up to reign him in from his usual wrong pushes on me. His read of Ryker is exxagerated (His FF one is ok because FF made a good opening, but I don't like FF's stances on Marshy and Ryker). I think this is a tactic to keep his buddy in a good position in the town when he doesn't deserve it. Also from his vote on Maven, it shows he's being more reactive and isn't trying that hard to push his own suspects, especially Doop, who he has neglected to vote when Ryker is pushing for people to vote (Doop v Pythag).

Ryker: #225, #331, #376, #447, #449, #513, #639

Ryker is in the same boat as Marshy from the beginning. He too makes a big opening to control the pace of the game, but takes the approach of being more reactive rather then proactive. He votes Pythag along with me, while supporting votes for my wagon as well in the name of wagon splitting. I find it odd he votes Pythag over me and just reverse the support to him while voting me, when I had two votes already, and a very vocal Gorf who will certainly push it all the way. His #331 feels as if he sees good content but would rather keep me as neutral as he can until he's forced to admit that I'm town. This is especially noticable when he asks Gorf about his read on me, instead of trying to convince Gorf that I'm town. As you can see, Gorf still favors my lynch, and Ryker didn't have to add anything else. He too, votes along with me on Maven, instead of making that iniative himself first. Him asking people to vote Doop or Pythag for competing wagons, seems like pseudo content and not actually trying to find scum that he believes in.

Frozen Flame: #425

Frozen Flame seems to have a good entrance, but I actually dislike his town reads on Marshy and Ryker, and especially his stance that Ryker Scum = Ran Scum but not the other way around, which ensures that when my town flip would show, Ryker wouldn't be next on his list. Yet if Ryker were flipped as scum this would be more beneficial for scum! frozen. Just something I didn't like. Not much else I find off about Frozen. My weakest scum read but I feel he makes more sense in an associative sense. If Frozen is very rarely posting, he's scum. If you want meta on him, look at his play in Mafia Sleep Over 3 (Gheb + Frozen Flame Hydra).

Jex: #584, #588

Jex I have been trying to develop my read on, because I was hoping I got off the wrong foot with him. Yet, his posts about being sick multiple times, and his low energy, doesn't make me feel like he deserves to be put at a null or better. I haven't played with him in a while, and I know that I was totally wrong on him the last time, so I just want to give him the benefit of the doubt here. I generally expect him to be posting a lot, but right now I still find him as slight scum. If it were between Maven and Jex, I'd lynch Maven immediately (barring any posts from Maven). I also agree with Rockin that his reads have been a bit safe, and he hasn't really done much else. He states he is out of his depths, so the only benefit I can give him is that I have had similar trouble at the beginning of the game. It would make sense if he's town reading all the scum, but I also dislike that he is reading them as town. I can't blame him *too* much as it's not easy to read them correctly, and even I am wrong on them sometimes.

Pythag: #530

Pythag I still have no change from him, really.His #530 doesn't help me read him better, his opinion of Ryker doesn't seem to really look too deeply into his actions, but to be fair he says it's not actually a read, but he didn't try to hard to read him either way. I find his comment about my asking of reads of me to be null, since I know people don't like that but I do it anyway because I find it helpful in developing my reads.

Rockin: #440, #477, #737

Rockin doesn't seem like his scum self I have seen in Celeb Rehab Mafia. There he was really weird and was buddying and trying to force scum connections to townies. (I think he might have been trying to buddy me actually) Here he seems more stubborn and actually has some good points.

Macman: #480

Macman I find to be asking good questions, and is actually one of the only slots to step up and defend my slot. I think his points on Rockin were the only ones of merit for his wagon. I can also understand why he'd find Kevin M as the only passable passenger on my wagon. I have Macman as town lean.

Kary: #275

I think this line is a strong one and one that makes me think Kary is likely town if Marshy is scum. In general I have liked Kary's questioning, although I have noted one thing and asked him, and he has yet to respond. Still, I like that Kary is questioning Marshy hard.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Town:

JTB > UTO > Macman > KevinM > Gorf > Kary > Rockin

Null:

Tom > Nabe > Doop

Scum:

Marshy > Ryker > Maven > Frozen Flame (Only here due to association)

Slight Scum:

Jex > Pythag

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
hot DAMN, i wasn't sure if d1 marshy push would be a thing but im 100% down for it

Vote Marshy

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Marshy has been playing very much like a IC (or whatever that term was for newbie games) and he's very active, but i have NO idea what any of his strong reads are outside of hella buddying up to Ryker the past few days. His swap onto Maven was weird as it was all inactivity meta and appears more like trying to get on Rykers good side. so far, the only thing i've gleaned from his play is that he's wanting to make town reads instead of scum

also this
to b totally fair

i think you need a strong town to pull this off with confidence. ive seen a lot of weakwilled towns flounder and lose their minds, dogpiling a previous nonplay in the chaos of a last minute rush due to excessive scum influence

not sure if this town is in that category just yet. there are absolutely strong players in this town but im thinking weve got at least two competent scum who can pull the wool over peoples eyes and some townies who might need to b guarded from them and sheparded. id b having an absolute field day as scum right now

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'll also re-iterate this quote from Gorf:

But what kinda puts me over the top on my read on you is the fact that my main man marshy hasn't tried making me stop pushing you. I'm not kidding dude, I was kind of curious to see him step in and tell me you're being town. Cuz in the past, like, he's tried putting the brakes on me when we've all been town in a game. And then I grumble in the corner and rip on a bleezy to try calming down. And I pack that TO THE FREAKIN BRIM with walrus before it kicks in man!"

JeXs

Smash Champion
Can you point out where Marshy has been helpful towards determining who's scum and how he's actively progress the game?
I'll get back to you later, I'll be doing a reread of the game. I promise! Can you let me know your thoughts on Rockin in the meantime?

Town:

JTB > UTO > Macman > KevinM > Gorf > Kary > Rockin

Null:

Tom > Nabe > Doop

Scum:

Marshy > Ryker > Maven > Frozen Flame (Only here due to association)

Slight Scum:

Jex > Pythag
Can you explain your JTB read? He's pretty null for me but he's at the top of your town list and I don't really see much of you explaining it. Also, what do you think of him voting Rockin?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have already explained my JTB read before. I can elaborate at a later time. Right now the focus should be Marshy.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nobody. It was something that I had been debating in my head at the time and wanted to post what I was thinking.

I wasn't ignoring the question, I just didn't know whether the person asking was relevant. Is it?

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count: 7:42 AM CST 6/13 Edition

Rockin (3): KevinM, Tom, Mac,
Marshy (3): Maven89, Ran, JTB
Pythag (3): Kary, Doop, JeXs
Ranmaru (1): Pythag
Maven (2): , Marshy, FrozenFlame
Dooplissity (3): Ryker; Gorf; UtopianPoyzin
JeXs (1): Rockin
No Lynch (0):

Not Voting (1): Nabe,

Deadline June 17th 7:00pm CST. Takes 9/17 to lynch.

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe has been prodded.

JeXs

Smash Champion
If I were to offer an opinion, Maven being completely inactive is a null tell in terms of meta. In my experience the dude is just busy a lot of the time.
I'm kind of surprised how often Maven's name has been thrown around given Nabe's complete lack of content.
But I'm confident in reading both of them provided they actually post a reasonable amount. And we should replace them if not.

I'm not a fan of the way Pythag started this game and I'm content for my vote to remain there for the time being.
I actually agree with this. I've seen Maven be fairly active as scum (Blazblue Mafia). I think his inactivity is a null tell. Mostly ranmaru ranmaru

Can you elaborate on what you were expecting from me? Because to me this isn't a great reaction to an RVS vote.
I like Kary's direction with Pythag. Considering that Kary voted for Pythag even before he posted, and his reaction was that he was interested if Kary had any reason to vote him. Currently rereading and I find myself liking Kary more.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I mean we all know you're trigger happy but do you have to lean into it to this extent?
What does him leaning to it to that extent imply in relation to scumhunting in your mind? I'm just curious why you cared to ask him this, when you didn't ask him about Rockin, who had less posts than Maven at the time.

Top Bottom