• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Is he really hyped up anymore? I was under the impression that people just kind of remember that he exists. /existed

I know lots of people were calling for him to take over for the Jets tho, but lol

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
i think people only like tebow as a joke

or at least i do

tebowing is still the best thing

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
i don't really religiously follow sports but my old man is a junkie and my brothers are too and usually ESPN is playing 24/7 at his house or talk radio and from what i hear mostly everyone has faith in Stafford but im still cautious myself

i coudn't talk statistics or anything but mostly from see from stafford is that he is hot and cold, never really a balance between doing consistently well or doing consistently poor but i certainly wouldn't blame him for us having yet another ****ty season no i blame our offensive line for that
just saw this but the guy put up 5000 yards last season. that's not pure luck.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
oh god I didn't read the second half of that post

to be fair soup acknowledges OLine deficiency and stuff but giving staff more people worth throwing the ball to is way more important imo

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
jegus gorf just my luck. I'm up to my ass in homework and I somehow find a football conversation on ****ing dgames, weeaboo central station. I was born to be a mediocre student

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
oh god I didn't read the second half of that post

to be fair soup acknowledges OLine deficiency and stuff but giving staff more people worth throwing the ball to is way more important imo
He doesn't need a great oline if he has solid receivers to get the ball once he's thrown it relatively quickly.

jegus gorf just my luck. I'm up to my *** in homework and I somehow find a football conversation on ****ing dgames, weeaboo central station. I was born to be a mediocre student
I blame myself for actually being online for once. I can shut up if you'd like :p

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
word to all 3 things you just said

be online sometime when I'm not getting buttdevastated by trivial assignments and readings. ideally, hop in a time machine and sign on like 4 days ago

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
i think people only like tebow as a joke or at least i do tebowing is still the best thing
Jason Gay, WSJ. Tebow's biggest fan.

When you spend your professional life following sports, it's easy to forget that the vast majority of people don't have much time to follow sports at all. Those ESPN commercials make it seem like we're all a bunch of drooling, sports-crazed lunatics, but the reality is that only a fraction of us are lucky enough to be drooling, sports-crazed lunatics.

Getty Images
You don't have to be infatuated with Tim Tebow to keep up with his late-game rallies.
The maniacs who peck away in all caps on Twitter about college football coaching changes and dial in to talk-radio shows to dissect the new-look L.A. Clippers—that's a fringe cluster, a merry fellowship of kooks and obsessives, and sometimes it sounds like it's the same 12 people yelling at each other, over and over.
Almost everyone I know is too busy to process every detail of sports news. If you have a job and a mortgage and a couple of kids, and you're running around on the weekends to dance lessons, basketball practice and travel hockey, you're probably not up to speed on all of the Dwight Howard trade options. You might not even know who Dwight Howard is. Can Dwight Howard drive six 11-year-olds to hockey practice on Saturday? No? Well, who cares about Dwight Howard? Can he at least take the kids to Make-Your-Own-Pottery on Sunday night?

The man many call 'God's Quarterback' faces his toughest test of the season as the Denver Broncos' Tim Tebow hosts the New England Patriots and Tom Brady in a key NFL matchup on Sunday.
Likewise, the idea of sitting on the couch and watching a three-hour-plus football game on a weekend day is, for many humans, an exotic fantasy. Ask a parent with two kids under 10 to watch an entire football game with you sometime. It's like asking them to take a two-month trip to the south of France. Not happening. Maybe, if they're lucky, they can watch the second half. When does the second half start? Maybe the fourth quarter? (It really depends on when Dwight Howard is coming back with the kids from Make-Your-Own-Pottery.)
People are busy, overwhelmed, frantic, wiped. They have stacks of unread magazines collecting on the coffee table and $35 hardcovers with uncracked spines. They are not ready for some football, even when it's at night. If you give them some football, they may just pass out on the couch.
The reason I want to emphasize this issue, this national epidemic of compressed time and over-scheduling and exasperation, is that I believe it's one of the last, unexplored explanations of the much-discussed national phenomenon of—wait, you knew it was coming—Tebow-Mania.
Because Tebow-Mania is a genius gift to the frazzled sports fan's life. Tebow-Mania requires almost no time commitment at all. A weekly dose of Tebow-Mania takes about as much time as boiling an egg or ironing five shirts. You can get the full Tebow experience without destroying your calendar or feeling sickened with guilt.
Let's be blunt: Is there really a reason to tune in for the first half of a 2011 Denver Broncos game? I ask that as someone who has tuned into the first half of a lot of 2011 Denver Broncos games. Sure, interesting things happen, but most of it is mind-numbing tedium. It's like showing up to a movie two hours early. You're sitting there with a tub of popcorn, alone, asking yourself, "Why am I here?"
Yes, if you watch the whole thing, you do get useful Tebow context.
He's so raggedy in the first half—it's as if he got the playbook on the bus ride to the stadium—it makes his fourth-quarter recoveries deeply satisfying. It's a stirring transformation, revealing itself slowly for maximum drama: Tebow as a calamity; Tebow as a chrysalis; Tebow as a conqueror.
But you don't really need to see all of it. I know that will irritate the Tebow hardcores, but it's the truth. Fourth quarter is what you need. Maybe a little overtime.
And within this narrow sliver of the clock, it all happens—Tebow's ascension, Denver's comeback, Denver's victory. Three-yard-scrambles become 13-yard-scampers. Wide receivers actually start receiving.
Kickers boot staggering kicks. There's not a lot of trickery or complicated scheming. Tebow just elevates the enterprise. The best part might be Broncos legend/team executive/Tebow skeptic John Elway pretending to be having a good time and not completely freaking out.
It's like a half hour, tops—a reasonable amount. But it's enough for the most casual of casual fans to hop on the bandwagon. You watch the final five minutes standing on your toes, clapping your hands, scaring the pets. Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos are playing football the way they play football in the movies.
It's 20 of the most satisfying minutes of real life you can see.
And when it's over, you can get right back to your own.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnTCwg7-UKg

Also, Tebow to me was impressive in the fact that he was a mediocre QB who time and time again found ways to win the game.

Whether it be through his team just blindly playing better, or if they truly looked up to him as a level head on the field.. He won games.

It never ceased to amaze me what he did with Denver that season.

Also the Jets should have stopped throwing sanchez after week 4.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Hm pondering if an anime conversation between xonar and deathcon or a football conversation between ee and kev would be more painful to read through.

Let the competition begin!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Well I just needed someone up to ee persona standards for contrast. Acrostic's posts would be more painful to read but he doesn't have the persona no what i mean?

Top Bottom