• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Character colors...............

Wait. The trailer shows megaman's hair in the beginning so it's possible that it will be types of hairstlyes, hats, and more colors with strong resemblance of the past games.....

Idk.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
They bombed Legends 3 for obviously bull reasons, though. And bull as in "outright lies", not "man that's some BS that they did that". They then turned it around on the fans and blamed them.

I just think Capcom was super bitter about Inafune leaving them and he was the main guy cranking the throttle to get L3 out there. And what a shock, MML3 is cancelled ridiculously close to his departure, Megaman Universe as well.

Brawl was ages upon ages before Inafune left and they subsequently killed Megaman, so it is truly up in the air. Though maybe it was a "jealously guarding your IP" thing but that makes just... no sense. Megs is known for being played on Nintendo platforms, and it's free (and absurdly flattering) advertising for both the IP and their company. so illogical

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Cap on canceling legends was pure bull****.

People defiantly want the game in signifigant numbers but cap on just doesn't want any part if megaman anymore.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey guys I recently downloaded scribblenaughts on my 3ds and am worrying about my 3ds dying in the future and me losing all my digital games ;-;

discuss

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'd bet Chrom shows up. Would personally love to see Lucina as well (or instead), but that's a longer shot.

I second the hopes for SS Impa, but now that we've seen Link, I'm pretty doubtful.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Also, I was already excited for Wonderful 101, but now I'm thinking I may need it sooner rather than later. Game looks like the bomb diggity, I tell you what.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I doubt Chrom very sincerely because he's literally just another sword user. His style isn't unique in any way.

He's not a stylistic replacement for Ike or Marth.

I personally don't expect a new FE character, but I'd honestly be ok if they replaced Marth with Lucina. (Same move set)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'm thinking more in terms of representation, rather than play. Two games is hardly a pattern, but so far, the formula has been [Marth + main character from recent game] for the FE reps. Chrom probably wouldn't play like Ike, but he could absolutely play differently from Marth. Lucario didn't play much like Mewtwo, but that didn't stop him from essentially replacing him.

Also, Lucina replacing Marth has actually been a secret dream of mine ever since Awakening came out, but it's for that exact reason that I don't see Lucina happening at all. I don't see them removing Marth and I don't see them including a character that similar to Marth alongside him. But who knows?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I just keep watching the Wii Fit Trainer reveal and giggling at my computer.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I've always liked Smash Bros. I just haven't played it in years and never played competitively and don't give a **** about tiers and often prefer talking about Jennifer Lawrence.

Now that we've got a trailer, the hype is official.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Hey, J, let's talk about talking about Jennifer Lawrence.

Man, it's great.

I've always liked Smash Bros. I just haven't played it in years and never played competitively and don't give a **** about tiers and often prefer talking about Jennifer Lawrence.

Now that we've got a trailer, the hype is official.
how did you end up here then?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
how did you end up here then?
I loved the first two games. When hype started building for Brawl, I stumbled onto this place and spent a few months doing meaningless speculating and the like. The "will Zelda still be tethered to Sheik" kind of speculation, not the "I better still be able to wavedash" kind.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Was actually discussing potential character additions to the roster tonight myself.

From FE, I really want Zephiel/Hector, and possibly one of the Necromancer final bosses from FE7/8. Chrom/Lucina most likely will be the shoo-in additions though, but man, the things I'd do for Zephiel to be in the game; not enough FE bad guys in SSB and damn is he cool.

We were joking around about Star Fox additions, specifically Slippy, but I just couldn't see myself appreciating the additions in any way, shape, or form.

I'm gonna post a whole gorf damn list tonight, ****'s about to get real.

Edit: Defo agree with Layton.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Speaking as a Star Fox fan (who hasn't really played a game since being burned by Adventures, but still, in principle), I already feel like we're spoiled. Fox, Falco and Wolf is great. Krystal would make sense too, but I have no desire to see her, so whatever.

Would main Slippy if he were actually included though (JK, maining Wii Fit Trainer, obvi).

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I would say the likelihood of getting any character from an FE not Awakening is pretty insignificant, especially since Zephiel's from 6, not released here, and even Roy didn't make it to Brawl due to time.

But then again, after Wii Fit Trainer I don't know if I can reasonably apply logic to character inclusions at this point.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
The one thing that worries me about SSB4 is that they are going to play it really safe in terms of making their new characters recognizable. In a way Villager/Wii Fit Trainer/Mega Man all seem like safe additions because no one has to Google who those characters are. They do occasionally put in really obscure NES game characters but even that's kinda safe since it's still Nintendo. If they REALLY want to impress me then put in the following:

-Ridley from Metroid. Brawl basically got like 0.5 new Metroid characters which disapointed me. Don't ignore this franchise just because it's less popular! :mad:
-Put in another FE character. Preferably Lyn/Hector/Chrom.
-Actually, PUT ****ING HECTOR IN! He'll be like Ganondorf with an ax.
-Do something really ballsy. Put Lloyd Irving in. You won't Sakurai. You won't put him in Mr. "we can't add third party characters willy nilly."

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
and while i'm probably never going to buy a wii U, and don't see myself playing SSB4...

Proto man would be great alongside Mega man.

And Bayonetta would be hilarious

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
You don't want to be a Star Fox 'fan'. Scary fandom over there.

As long as you've played that game, you're a good person.
I blame poor parenting and those damned, liberal, Saturday morning cartoon shows. Those bunnies never wore any pants!

Put Lloyd Irving in.
Seconded. Also Isaac from Golden Sun it's not too late! Ragnarok all the *******.

oh god i'm becoming that guy again

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Also, after a brief visit to the SSBWiiU board, I'm really mad that Wii Fit Trainer isn't called Miss Fit.

Like, it's the worst thing about my day so far.

Top Bottom