• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
it's always funny to me because the ones who care are usually the ones who do the same thing

"Haha, you're watching ANIME? What a LOSER!"
*high fives his buddy behind him and afterwards goes home to watch Lucky Star*
no not really but whatever

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
anime or not
have not read manga either
which is better nabe
If there's a DtB manga, it would be an adaptation of the animu which was an original production. (i.e. animu is where it's at dawg)
FMP (three anime series) is very similar to the light novel and subsequent manga but with maybe a little more rock-em sock-em robits. Fumoffu is slice-of-lifeish and echoes the original in that regard a bit more.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
D-Games! I'm playing Mystery Dungeon Blue and want to name Pokemon after people.

What's your favorite (386) Pokemon?

Can't do duplicates, so taken already:
Torchic (Partner), Eevee (Starter)

Ryker - Hitmonchan
Armor - Larvitar
Juu - Sandslash
Raziek - Absol
PJB - Medicham
Soup - Heracross or Gengar
Moltres, dunno if you can actually catch him but been my fav since gen 1. If not, charizard for number 2

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
getting mixed signals here sword
One can objectively realize that something they like is bad (in the sense that it's poorly made) but still enjoy it. We have a term for this, it's called "guilty pleasures." Unless you're guilty pleasure is harmful to others, then what should it matter what your guilty pleasure is? I for one enjoy 80's music, despite how dopey some of it is.

If someone dislikes you for your tastes, and I mean truly actually dislikes you and for what you like, than **** em. Why would you want to be friends with that person anyways?

#HBC | Dancer

D-Games! I'm playing Mystery Dungeon Blue and want to name Pokemon after people.

What's your favorite (386) Pokemon?

Can't do duplicates, so taken already:
Torchic (Partner), Eevee (Starter)

Ryker - Hitmonchan
Armor - Larvitar
Juu - Sandslash
Raziek - Absol
PJB - Medicham
Soup - Heracross or Gengar
Idk, Scyther/Scizor?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
guys i want to do weeb things (there's this manga that seems pretty good and i wanna try some anime, also i currently have a weeb avatar on another website and my skype) but do not want to call out for being a weeb

how do i get over my insecurity
dude just do not tell anyone if you think they're going to be a **** about it, that would be my advice. the world is apparently full of people who will react poorly to your choice of interests, and it's rarely worth giving those people an excuse to give you a hard time.

That's not to say you should never ever admit to watching anime. You'll always find people who are actually interested and aren't going to ***** about it.

And if you do find yourself feeling bad because of what someone else thinks about your interests, I can only suggest you have a cup of tea and relax. Because that person is just plain wrong and it's not worth being wound up about.

/2c /opinions /karytalk

oh and just watch the damn anime

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I should probably post my interview (which has been completed for several days now) before someone punches me in the ****. I mean, if you guys really wanted torture me that would be the route to go.
The only thing that can save you now is posting the interview ASAP.

You have been warned.

blarghllbrgalalghrlagd

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
One can objectively realize that something they like is bad (in the sense that it's poorly made) but still enjoy it. We have a term for this, it's called "guilty pleasures." Unless you're guilty pleasure is harmful to others, then what should it matter what your guilty pleasure is? I for one enjoy 80's music, despite how dopey some of it is.

If someone dislikes you for your tastes, and I mean truly actually dislikes you and for what you like, than **** em. Why would you want to be friends with that person anyways?
^this

goddamn ninjas.

also, this

(because guilty pleasures x 80s music)

is you're guilty pleasure confusing youre and your? :(
obvs. pls learn english xonie, honestly, come on, what the hell.

then ignore minor grammatical mistakes on the internet

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
wait, is gheb's text intentionally the same colour as hyperlinks?

i think i'm crazy overtired. i'm in a bit of a strange mood.

*waves arms manically*

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
dude just do not tell anyone if you think they're going to be a **** about it, that would be my advice. the world is apparently full of people who will react poorly to your choice of interests, and it's rarely worth giving those people an excuse to give you a hard time.

That's not to say you should never ever admit to watching anime. You'll always find people who are actually interested and aren't going to ****s about it.

And if you do find yourself feeling bad because of what someone else thinks about your interests, I can only suggest you have a cup of tea and relax. Because that person is just plain wrong and it's not worth being wound up about.

/2c /opinions /karytalk

oh and just watch the damn anime
i have an understanding who i tell things to and who i don't, you guys are people i'm comfortable with for this instance

@sword 80's music is swingin' daddy-o

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
If someone dislikes you for your tastes, and I mean truly actually dislikes you and for what you like, than **** em.
ultimately the best advice tho i wasnt sure how serious soup was about the whole self conscious thing

berserk
vagabond
monster

stick with any of these 3 and i promise youll love em soupy. i also think theyd be something new for you. the monster anime is just as good as the manga. berserk has an in-progress series of movies but those are bare bones on plot (still enjoyable) and the manga is much farther. vagabond is manga only

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I mean, as long as you're not throwing it in people's faces and keeping it to pri much yourself I don't see a problem. I mean it's your life and hobbies. If they have a problem then let them. :/

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
reading the wiki on monster and it sounds so damn depressing but interesting at the same time

#HBC | Dancer

Soup I'm 99.9% certain that Monster would be better if you didn't spoil it for yourself. Use the wiki for general plot purposes only!

#HBC | Dancer

ultimately the best advice tho i wasnt sure how serious soup was about the whole self conscious thing
I know Soup was probably only being about 25% serious, I was just fish for opportunities to play big brother.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
also i just like anime style drawings and fanart, also i play a ton of JRPGS
then you're already a weeaboo bro. the damage is done

just embrace it

you only get dickpunched for it once, after all!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
In all seriousness though soup are you talking about people on the internet or IRL or what?

Here's how I deal with worrying about what people on the internet might think: I don't. On the internet you have literally like a billion people within quick and easy reach. Posturing for social reasons is ****ing ********. Comic books are only just starting to become accepted (and they still aren't, not in the genuine mainstream sense) and I read and love comics with all four of the dudes in my avatar. If somebody on the internet thinks I'm a dork I just remind myself that there are probably ten people I will find just as easily that like the same comics and thus we can talk about em. And also the fact that I could almost definitely beat up the first guy, and then I fantasize about giving them a swirlie for a while.

Sorry I got sidetracked. But honestly I've never even really gotten **** for liking things on the internet. I think everybody shows a little more of their hand on the webternetz than elsewhere because they know it's inevitably going to be more accepting and chill about diverse interests.

IRL is another story though tbh. The people I click with in person very rarely share a wide umbrella of my interests so I just leave them out of it. **** I only have a few bros that I'd even call savvy to internet culture. But **** man, that's still no big deal imo. Friends are made through common interests and chemistry of interaction right? So as long as you're not outright censoring your personality to be around people you've got some good friends. Friends are inevitably not going to share some of your interests so it's not that big a deal not to talk about them, unless you let these things completely define your being, y'know like xonar

or raz, and how he lets being a goddamn maritimer define him, goddamn it, :mad:

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
also, don't ****ing read wiki about Monster are you kidding me. If you spoiled the Vampire of Bayern arc or Richard Braun's character arc for yourself I actually WILL dickpunch you

just watch it

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
SOUP first of all dgames, due to evil eye, has a terrible idea of what a weaboo is. Liking anime doesn't make you one. Using anime avatars doesn't make you one. Playing japanese games doesn't make you one. If you think Xonar is a weeboo boy are you in for a boot to the face. True weaboos are not just into anime, it is their sole reality. I'll provide links later when I'm not on my phone. Evil eyes sense of weeboo is comparable to calling someone who casually drinks alcohol an alcoholic. For someone to enjoy drinking does not make them an alcoholic. When it is an obsession/their reality however...

The uguu hydra is a prime example of weaboo. There are legitimate people who talk and act that way on the internet and real life. Again I'll provide links later. There are a few general factors that can be used to identify such people:

-refer to themselves as otaku
-believe they know the Japanese language because they watch anime
-use 'chan', 'san', 'sama', 'kun' when referring to people
-use words/phrases such as 'uguu' , 'ww', 'nya', and overuse of 'kawaii'
-weird obsession with neko and loli

If none of these apply to you, then you're good. America has dominated media across the world for a long time. Peeps like ee just get butt hurt because people have come to realize there is more than just western art and people actually have high interest in media that comes from an eastern country. It seems to be ok for us to impose our ways unto other countries, but not for us to simply take on those of others.

Now I just have to say something on baccano and Drrr. You will definitely like drrr. Seems to par with your style. Baccano is a much greater anime however. But I dont think you'd like it as much as drrr. I recommend subs for drrr and dub for baccano.

Top Bottom