• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I reached the CNS chapter in this pharmacology book with ADHD medications and I'm curious if Straterra/atomoxetine was the initial prescription for you guys @ raz/soup. I'm also curious if you've had to take incrementally increasing dosages from your initial script or have switched around to other stimulants like amphetamines or methylphenidates and if that had any noticeable improvement.
I took Straterra for a good 2 years. I started off initially weak (10mg) and gradually increased as I got older. The highest dosage I was given was 60mg at 18, but then I switched over to Adderall because I felt it stopped working and the high dosage of Straterra caused nausea in the morning. Straterra takes a minute to get into your system and if you have to take it on a schedule to get a full effect. When I switched over to Adderall, I didn't need that schedule and just taking it once I could get full effects, at a very low dosage of 10mg. I haven't had to up my dosage yet.

Generally I feel Adderall is better than Straterra, however there are some times where I feel I may be getting an addiction. I feel off balance without my medicine some days and sometimes I even crave it because of the boost it gives me. Straterra didn't do that, even at 60mgs.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Need help, LoL wise.

Looking to pick up a new lane. I literally only jungle (best Noc eu) and support when I have to.

Elo is around 1500, in Silver I, what lane do I pick up? I tend to feed as top, never get kills in mid and can only play Cait ADC.

I'll practice one...but no idea where to go. I'm an aggressive jungler, good map awareness, weaker on CS'ing.

Halp.

.L-

EEOS
My my. On the same page of thread, Swiss has offered someone solid and considerate advice without any touch of jest and asked for help. What has become of my world.

red ruy said:
Why did I try playing Sonic 06....why why why why why why why why why' why why.
cuz ur a goddam furry

.L-

EEOS
:(

I was logged out before I hit "post reply" so I just saw that the posts were close together in preview mode and assumed they'd be on the same page. Le sigh.

still tho

.L-

EEOS
I don't understand, I thought compliments were the only thing the Swiss beast will eat??? What do I do?????

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I heard that Canada's textile industry is going to be hit pretty hard by Hurricane Sanchaz tonight. I hope that everyone in threading remains safe and wears ponchos to keep warm from the storm. There is speculation that it might not even come in the case of influx of winds from the arctic.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
@acro: Started on Adderall XR just a few months ago. 5mg dose once daily, moved up to 10 mg after a month.

I take it daily when I wake up. Anything else?

:phone:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Need help, LoL wise.

Looking to pick up a new lane. I literally only jungle (best Noc eu) and support when I have to.

Elo is around 1500, in Silver I, what lane do I pick up? I tend to feed as top, never get kills in mid and can only play Cait ADC.

I'll practice one...but no idea where to go. I'm an aggressive jungler, good map awareness, weaker on CS'ing.

Halp.
I've been thinking about smurfing on EU, what lanes you thinking of picking up?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Also good god first level is unbearable.

Hell back in town it need to load one moment with a text box, then again to load the run through the rings Superman 64 style.

Sonic awkwardly comes off springs, he walks around loops, he runs though walls and dies, you can't stop your spin dash, hitting enemies is a chore, even more as Tails.

This game is horrid.

And I gotta finish it, since I'm a completionist...good god.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
@Raz: Thanks a lot. I don't really know anyone with ADHD so I was curious about it and I'm sorry if I might have been nosy/invasive with requesting something from your personal life, but I just think all this stuff is fascinating. And the same also extends to soup.

Also goddamn why:

Swiss said:
You can placate me with compliments...but never for long.

I devour.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It has been confirmed that I fractured my left hand, so now I can't write or draw until it's fixed. I've also been called by my school that I was 8 hours late to my class yesterday and that I've automatically failed the class since it went over 6 hours, but will be ignored once I give them a documentation and explanation on what happened. The class I failed also had to do with learning how to draw.

I feel like giving up.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It has been confirmed that I fractured my left hand, so now I can't write or draw until it's fixed. I've also been called by my school that I was 8 hours late to my class yesterday and that I've automatically failed the class since it went over 6 hours, but will be ignored once I give them a documentation and explanation on what happened. The class I failed also had to do with learning how to draw.

I feel like giving up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx796zSg5gs

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect

I feel like giving up.
Demotivation is part of the progress. Thing is, you don't have time to be demotivated. You have to keep working with all the odds against you. Keep your **** together, and make sure **** gets finished.

Also watch that video that OS posted. :smirk:

Swiss

Smash Lord

I feel like giving up.
Yeah, because persevering now and doing what you want to do when you have the opportunity is way harder than spending the rest of your life in regret and living on a low wage you short sighted imbecile.

Wake the **** up.

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
Good god ; I need to play more ranked games.

Also; I'd offer friendly advice to ya Swiss, but it would be inconsequential due to low elo rating;

If your looking for friendly advice then I'll Pm you or whatever.

In other news; I was invited into a ranked team;

And around the 23rd will be going to participate in a local league tourney(not with that team however)

Top Laner's beware

/obviouslyRake
/playingtoomuchleague

Swiss

Smash Lord
Good god ; I need to play more ranked games.

Also; I'd offer friendly advice to ya Swiss, but it would be inconsequential due to low elo rating;

If your looking for friendly advice then I'll Pm you or whatever.

In other news; I was invited into a ranked team;

And around the 23rd will be going to participate in a local league tourney(not with that team however)

Top Laner's beware

/obviouslyRake
/playingtoomuchleague
Nah any advice would be good, slipping down further and further.

I'm almost always ahead early game..but can't seem to force us to obectives, then games just stall etc etc etc we lost often.

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
Nah any advice would be good, slipping down further and further.

I'm almost always ahead early game..but can't seem to force us to obectives, then games just stall etc etc etc we lost often.

Alright;

Here goes Rakes 2 cents:

IMO Top Lane would be the easiest transition;

This is due to to the fact that your by self admission weaker on CS'ing, which is essentially mid lane until level 6. That on top of not being able to get kills for yourself on mid would lead me to believe it wouldn't be the easiest transition (which i'm assuming your looking for; if you want a challenge, then that changes things).

I've found top to be great to learn how to CS better; Especially under turret , as that was one of my weaknesses before. Plus; you don't NEED to have kills in top lane necessarily. Yes it's nice, and yes it helps in gold; But gp5 and decent CS; and even in some cases just decent CS itself will make you a presence late game (as tanks top lane anyway).

A great example of this is my top lane Rammus in normal games I play because it's hilarious and is strangely viable against the plethora of AD brusiers that live on top lane. All i do is farm it up; The enemies top laner can be as aggressive as he likes, even at low levels i know i can take a beating with my W up, and if they dive me, taunt / powerball ftw.

Plus; if i can force him out of lane, i know i can push down his tower for global gold, and if i take it down, it's time to counter jungle like an *******. Go back to my lane as necessary, but otherwise help other lanes and my jungler.

Late game, CS, towers and assists on kills are enough to get you to be a damn scary tank. Getting kills is a nice bonus in this case, and is essentially : well, now i'm going to be nigh unkillable even faster.

You being a aggressive jungler I think could be more of a benefit than a hindrance for yur possible top lane adventures, for example, you won't be as scared to go for a certain kill as a more passive laner would be(not always a great thing , but certainly not terrible).

Good map awareness is almost a given in the season three meta now, with how bot lane has evolved; It's now falling out of style to even bother ganking it; Your a jungler , so you understand that idea. After all: top ; at least from my experience is the lane to gank. Now moreso than before.

Being that you have such map awareness from being a jungler; You'd be better suited to handle ganks; To help your own jungler; Where you need to be and when; etc.

Now, my initial questions would be;

a) What do you prefer play top ? (Assassin; Tank; AD Bruiser; Double AP Set-Up, etc)
b) Who would you define as your "Strongest" top laner

Forcing objectives comes with time and practice top lane, in addition to how aggressive your jungler; If he's running into their jungle to steal their blue, and your lane opponent is camping under his tower, you need to decide whether to back him up; How aggressive you want to be , etc;

As for stalling games; That can just happen, and even if your hard carrying your lane, there's nothing you can do;

Just recently in a game as Wukong i got carzy fed early by a bad riven who couldn't land a Q on the side of a barn. Went on to win top.
Sadly, mid fed a AD Yi early and his items were getting nasty by the time I had time to deal with him; And my bot lane was a new player on Mundo; And the Yi started wandering and well...put 2 +2 lol. Needless to say; All of the fed I was ; Still wasn't enough until late game (like 45 + to an hour by this point) ; I had to sell my boots just to deal wnough damage to kill him; And even me essentially soloing the enemy team wasn't going to win it; Nothing you can do lol.

Best advice would be to play around in normal's to figure out what you prefer to play top(if you don't already have an idea) and just practice whatever you think needs the most work. Then, when you feel confident; (Or you just want to jump in) you move back into ranked and hopefully dominate in whatever lane you end up choosing.

After all , practice makes perfect :D

Link to said emotional game: http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2745504/

/inb4 someone comes in and tells me this is all wrong
/inb4 this is terrible die in a hole
/inb4 swiss chooses mid and gets rated platinum within a month

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium

I feel like giving up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2yeNzL7rTU

Top Bottom