• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Let me tell you about when I was talking to Ryker until like 5am about this horror story I was planning, and then his imagination was going too hbc and he started gettin turrified at every sound his house made, as houses are wont to do and all. Including one point where he was so sure he saw the iconic mask featured in my story, in his closet, in the dark
Please tell me you captured this all

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
so I don't make ryker look like a huge ***** I should elaborate that the presence of the mask in the story would mean that the mask is being worn by a homicidal crazy person

That is now in his closet

so I can't blame him really I'd poop a lil' too probs

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
@Acro re: Xonar and waifus

What about individuals like myselves though who both bust xonar's balls for being a loli thing and also really don't have waifus and secret weaboo tendencies? Eh? What then homie??
Depends on your intent. If you have good intentions in harassing Xonar for it and want him to change, then I have no problems with it. But if you have self-motivated intentions i.e. trying to be funny or bad intentions with doing it, I'm okay with that as well just as long you aren't:

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
This is actually irrelevant as I had an epiphany earlier:

Time spent busting Zonie's balls is time wasted that could have been spent directing just amounts of vitriol at raz

goddamn maritimer :mad:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hey GamesDee!

I have to do a presentation tomorrow in my communications class that requires me to read for 3 minutes straight. Can be essentially anything, so long as it's not vulgar.

Ideally I'm not trying to read anything that might trip me up, but I'm open to suggestions from you folks. It doesn't necessarily have to be three minutes LONG, as we're told that we can pick something shorter and just loop back to start until 3 minutes are up.

Suggestions, go!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I said not vulgar. You're no help at all. :(
Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a cluster**** of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping ******ry and DARKNESS. The normal person can see this as the **** it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the **** of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& ******s who engage in every kind of ******ry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja ******ry and everything about the Naruto world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of **** that makes little kiddies and underageb& ******* eat this **** right the **** up.

Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to mankind, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every person to troll the **** out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Naruto threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Hey GamesDee!

I have to do a presentation tomorrow in my communications class that requires me to read for 3 minutes straight. Can be essentially anything, so long as it's not vulgar.

Ideally I'm not trying to read anything that might trip me up, but I'm open to suggestions from you folks. It doesn't necessarily have to be three minutes LONG, as we're told that we can pick something shorter and just loop back to start until 3 minutes are up.

Suggestions, go!
umm like you can read anything just to read it? Or it is more specific in what you are trying to present.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Presentation #1 is an exercise in public reading. It is about using your voice -- nothing else. This is not a performance, nor will you be marked on your choice of reading material. You will be marked only on your voice -- volume, speed, tone, clarity, etc.

1. What you read is your own choice. It should be something you feel comfortable with. However, it must be professionally written and aimed at an adult audience (i.e. not something written for children or teens), nor should it include vulgar, offensive or inappropriate language.

2. It can be something from literature, newspapers, magazines, etc. If you are unsure of your selection, ask me before class time. If it is from fiction, make sure your selection includes narrative, not dialogue.

3. Choose something that is easy to read. For example, don't read Charles ****ens; he was a wonderful writer, but his work is difficult to read out loud. His long, complex sentences will easily trip you up.

4. Before you begin reading, introduce your selection for your audience. Briefly give the title, author's name, and where it is from (ie., a newspaper article, or a selection from a book).

5. Your selection must be long enough for you to read at a normal pace for 3 minutes. If you run out of material before 3 minutes are up, begin reading the piece again.

6. I recommend that you print your selection in 12 or 14pt, double space it, and use wide margins. It will make it easier to read.

7. Practice! Practice! Practice!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Presentation #1 is an exercise in public reading. It is about using your voice -- nothing else. This is not a performance, nor will you be marked on your choice of reading material. You will be marked only on your voice -- volume, speed, tone, clarity, etc.

1. What you read is your own choice. It should be something you feel comfortable with. However, it must be professionally written and aimed at an adult audience (i.e. not something written for children or teens), nor should it include vulgar, offensive or inappropriate language.

2. It can be something from literature, newspapers, magazines, etc. If you are unsure of your selection, ask me before class time. If it is from fiction, make sure your selection includes narrative, not dialogue.

3. Choose something that is easy to read. For example, don't read Charles ****ens; he was a wonderful writer, but his work is difficult to read out loud. His long, complex sentences will easily trip you up.

4. Before you begin reading, introduce your selection for your audience. Briefly give the title, author's name, and where it is from (ie., a newspaper article, or a selection from a book).

5. Your selection must be long enough for you to read at a normal pace for 3 minutes. If you run out of material before 3 minutes are up, begin reading the piece again.

6. I recommend that you print your selection in 12 or 14pt, double space it, and use wide margins. It will make it easier to read.

7. Practice! Practice! Practice!
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/douglasmacarthurthayeraward.html

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/ekennedytributetorfk.html

Either of these work? First is about the military while the other was read at Kennedy Service. These are also 2-3 minutes speeches from what I have gathered.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Man acrostic Dora's Ballet Adventure is just 2sofisticated4u
If you actually sang the song, out loud, it is like this freeing experience. Like when you're in the middle of a 6:00pm train rush/car exit on a Friday night and everyone is cramming in and putting you into motor arrest in more than one sense of the word and you just start singing:

Come on vamonos, everybody let's go.
Come on let's get to it, I know that we can do it.
Where are we going, Coconut Mountain! Where are we going, Coconut Mountain!
Where are we going, Coconut Mountain! Where are we going, Coconut Mountain!

I'm not sure if it is makes you feel mentally liberated after you get that off your chest, but there's no doubt that you'll be given a bit more space by the people around you.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
But just think. What kind of adult reads on an iPhone anyways? Only parents.

:phone:
Awhile back my sister dropped her ipod touch 4th gen and the screen shattered, she didn't bother to fix it or tell anyone about it because she got an iphone the following week that covers all the basic functions. Kindly, she lets me borrow it since I told her I downloaded two ios apps, not realizing osx can't run ios apps due to processors. I get the screen fixed and go crazy with it since I'm always walking + commuting for up to three to four hours a day. Now I export my notes to epub format and read them in ibooks when I commute. They also do have some nice ibook versions that are just a bit more convenient when looking for a quick term-check and you don't want to have to thumb through pages i.e.:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I may read some stuff on my android just cuz its easier, but I do prefer having an actual book. But I need space for that.

:phone:

Top Bottom