• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

XSmashKingD3LordX

Banned via Warnings
Bard just post on your main account man
Lmao!!!!! Haha, that would be very funny and ironic if I was Bard...oh man that is too much XD

Sorry to bring up drama on Christmas, I did not like to see my friend talked about that way...Merry Christmas!!!!

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Finished watching the Vinland Saga anime, it was pretty great. I don't think that a lot of people will appreciate the subsequent arcs following the prologue for the deeper relation it has with respect to how much maturity relates to overcoming the hardship you faced growing up. When you are really in an environment where you are forced to stare into the abyss, you have to choose whether or not you will be consumed by it or whether you want to change it. Not a lot of people have reached a rock bottom moment where your life is so miserable that it seems like suicide is a viable option. When you choose to live it really does become a question of whether you want to live a life where you take from other people and subject them to the same hell that you were living in or whether you want to live a life where you want to protect other people from the same hell that you just escaped from in life.

Sadly, I feel that a lot of people who choose to fight back do so with intentions of bringing other people down to the same hell they experienced when they see the casual mistreatment and indecency in how we treat each other on a day to day basis. I think that no matter the time or place, that the idea of having a home that is free from conflict where people can be free is something that is an innate human desire.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I've recently undergone searches for manga to read, and as a mafia lover, I enjoy the death game genre. I'm honestly amazed I didn't know about this sooner but... there's three manga series by the same author about people being forced to play mafia, AKA Werewolf; the third is unfinished. Having read them immediately, I can say overall they are of good quality and definitely above average in the genre.

Featured inside are Cops/Prophets, Doctors, Masons, and a single third party Survivor with unique qualities. Meant to be read in order.
Werewolf Game 1: https://mangakakalot.com/manga/jinrou_game
Werewolf Game 2: https://mangakakalot.com/manga/jinrou_game_beast_side
Werewolf Game 3: https://mangakakalot.com/manga/ms918515

Probably the biggest complaint I have with the series is that a lot of these people are even crazier or dumber than us back in the day. :laugh: Anyways, the series seems to be quite popular in Japan, for there are even novels (light?) over there, but unfortunately we don't have them.

Also in my searches, I came upon a free browser visual novel game made in RPG Maker MV (I think?) that involves the characters receiving roles and then voting just like in mafia. It also features puzzles / mini-games between these segments. Having, again, immediately tore through all of the game that is available, I can say it is overall pretty solid and unlike the Jinrou manga which is often cruel and heartless, this can hit some feels with the deaths that happen.

Featured are Keymaster (if executed, everyone dies). Sage who knows the identity of the keymaster and can't lie about it. Lastly is the Sacrifice, who will die if they aren't chosen for execution; if they are voted with majority everyone else dies except one person of their choosing who get to escape the game.
Your Turn To Die: Death Game by Majority

Main criticism is that there is slight meddling by the hosts a couple of times, but those of us having played through the smashboards backroom chaos in the past have dealt with that plenty of times. :laugh:

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I've recently undergone searches for manga to read, and as a mafia lover, I enjoy the death game genre. I'm honestly amazed I didn't know about this sooner but... there's three manga series by the same author about people being forced to play mafia, AKA Werewolf; the third is unfinished. Having read them immediately, I can say overall they are of good quality and definitely above average in the genre.

Featured inside are Cops/Prophets, Doctors, Masons, and a single third party Survivor with unique qualities. Meant to be read in order.

Probably the biggest complaint I have with the series is that a lot of these people are even crazier or dumber than us back in the day. :laugh: Anyways, the series seems to be quite popular in Japan, for there are even novels (light?) over there, but unfortunately we don't have them.

Also in my searches, I came upon a free browser visual novel game made in RPG Maker MV (I think?) that involves the characters receiving roles and then voting just like in mafia. It also features puzzles / mini-games between these segments. Having, again, immediately tore through all of the game that is available, I can say it is overall pretty solid and unlike the Jinrou manga which is often cruel and heartless, this can hit some feels with the deaths that happen.

Featured are Keymaster (if executed, everyone dies). Sage who knows the identity of the keymaster and can't lie about it. Lastly is the Sacrifice, who will die if they aren't chosen for execution; if they are voted with majority everyone else dies except one person of their choosing who get to escape the game.

Main criticism is that there is slight meddling by the hosts a couple of times, but those of us having played through the smashboards backroom chaos in the past have dealt with that plenty of times. :laugh:
I've never been into manga myself, but your description has intrigued me to at least check it out.

I actually have watched a playthrough of YTTD! I intended to watch the beginning sequences to see if I would want to play it, because I wasn't initially a fan of the art style. However, I ended up just watching through the first two Main Games, which were far more intense than I figured they would be. I found Chapter 2 Part 2 (the card trading bit) rather boring, and the information that was revealed about the Death Game really didn't catch my interest, so I skimmed through this bit so that I could get to the Second Main Game.
Also, there were way too many Joe jumpscares in my opinion, with a far too creepy sprite (at first) to boot. I thought it was kind of a cheap shock factor, because there wasn't a real reason for it to actually be a jumpscare. Maybe I was just missing information though.

Kai was the best character imo. Shame that there was no good way to change his fate.

Because you have looked into YTTD, I'm assuming you have played some Danganronpa?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I actually have watched a playthrough of YTTD! I intended to watch the beginning sequences to see if I would want to play it, because I wasn't initially a fan of the art style. However, I ended up just watching through the first two Main Games, which were far more intense than I figured they would be. I found Chapter 2 Part 2 (the card trading bit) rather boring, and the information that was revealed about the Death Game really didn't catch my interest, so I skimmed through this bit so that I could get to the Second Main Game.
Also, there were way too many Joe jumpscares in my opinion, with a far too creepy sprite (at first) to boot. I thought it was kind of a cheap shock factor, because there wasn't a real reason for it to actually be a jumpscare. Maybe I was just missing information though.

Kai was the best character imo. Shame that there was no good way to change his fate.
Yeah I preferred the first chapter. Things really started to go off the rails in chapter 2, and I don't expect chapter 3 to be better in that regard since it will be the finale.

Heard there is a demo of it, but I'm just going to wait for the full thing. Might be a while because one thing chapter 2 does better is having alternate routes. Before the main game and in the main game, there are two instances where two different characters can die and so there are four different survivor outcomes. If Chapter 3 will factor for them all, that's a lot more work to be done.

Personally I like Keiji, and Sou is interesting. The rest, except Gin, can die without me batting an eye lol.

Because you have looked into YTTD, I'm assuming you have played some Danganronpa?
Yep! I own all three, although I haven't finished the third for some reason. One of these days I need to do that. Might be so lost I may have to start over... ugh.

I enjoy the series, the concept, tone, and music are all awesome. The art is a weak point though, many students are an eyesore to look at, and there's always a good handful of them that are either uninteresting or that I actively dislike. But there's some good ones, like Kokichi in the third. The gamer girl, silver haired girl, and luck dude from the second. The detective girl from the first. And thinking on it, I liked every first victim, they were all some of the most interesting characters/deaths. Can't remember anyone's names lol.

Last edited:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
TBH I kind of wanted to live in a world where the last post in Dgames was Maven insulting Manga, so I hadn't posted anything in a few days to keep that fantasy.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's fair. Looks like we either need to have Maven come back in and crap on anime, or just resign ourselves to a new world.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just bought spy party on steam. It’s not mafia...it’s like a 1v1 social deduction game, but it’s fun, and actually pretty intense!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

I just bought spy party on steam. It’s not mafia...it’s like a 1v1 social deduction game, but it’s fun, and actually pretty intense!
Thank you guys for these. I like manga, I like mafia, and this spy game looks mad fun--can't wait to check them out!

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Spy party is like, crazy competitive. I really had no idea what I was getting into!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm still reading One Piece and by the way, it's good as ****. Y'all should catch up.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Are Xivii Xivii and Xiivi Xiivi the same person? Like Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus? Someone should've told me they were playing a game, I would've joined!! I'm their biggest fan!!!!

Might sign up as replacement... my career's been horribly barren LOL

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Japan version on Switch. This is an actual western release with servers behind it.

Top Bottom