• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
very well

first, you must venture forth onto the southern most part of dgamesia where you will find a peninsula

from there, you must run eastward in soft sand for 50 miles. this is to build your stamina and explosiveness should you ever be summoned by the #hbc on an emergency

once youve hit 50 miles, there will be a steep mountain awaiting you. you must climb to its peak

there at the top, you must spin 3 times saying "swag" upon the exact completion of each 360 degree rotation. look below you and you will see that a great grizzly bear was summoned. weighing 1500 lbs, his name is "eor" and you must wrestle and overcome him with your bare hands. snatch a tooth out of his mouth as proof that youve completed this deed

finally, scale down the mountain into a humvee. from there youll see a long tunnel which you must enter. therein lies the #hbc headquarters, underground and sheltered from the earth. there i will meet you where i will finally test you on your knowledge of dgames and render a verdict that is perfect and fair

when you do all these things, pm me. ill b waiting
Hmmmm...... I think there might be a mistake here. I'm down for a wild goose chase every now and then, but that's not what I asked for here. I need a conference settled and scheduled for me to become a part of #HBC. A congress, if you will. And I need one NOW. If you cannot give me this, then I would like to speak to your manager. And if they cannot satisfy this either, then I would like to speak to their manager. This behavior towards new recruits is shocking and heartbreaking and I will be sure to tell it to the ringleader, whoever it may be
Pokechu Pokechu if the above sounds too much for you, there is an alternative, but it does involve sending me $100
This, however, is an acceptable agreement!! I shall consider this proposition. Thank you for your generous help, I'll be sure to leave a good review for you to the higher-ups when I reach contact with them

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'll cashapp $10 to anyone who can beat my score on the mobile game Super Gravitron within a week. Current score is 32:38 seconds.

If you try and fail, you have to buy me a Nintendo Switch with Animal Crossing.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Haha thank you for trying it. I'm addicted to it. I saw someone get to a minute and I'm not stopping until I get there.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha thank you for trying it. I'm addicted to it. I saw someone get to a minute and I'm not stopping until I get there.
Currently I've only gotten 24 seconds. It really reminds me of super hexagon

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's by the same creator! Also holy **** it took me weeks to get to 20 seconds.

Umm did I say $10?
I just had a great run that was 29 seconds. I thought that was going to be my victory!
Alas.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
What even are you guys.

Edit: mfw it's only been two days. Is that right?

Edit: new score to beat 35:54

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I don't understand how you guys are so good at that game!! I got to 5 seconds as my high score and then I gave up and uninstalled!! It's hard LMAO

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I don't understand how you guys are so good at that game!! I got to 5 seconds as my high score and then I gave up and uninstalled!! It's hard LMAO
I feel this. I tried it for about 10mins and couldn't be bothered anymore, my highscore was 6 seconds and I think that was just luck.
I'd be more inclined to try harder at it if wasn't a mobile game, the interface is a bit awkward for me. But it also feels like a grind in order to improve at all and that doesn't appeal to me at all. I've played some 'tough' platform games like super meat boy, and that one in particular I enjoyed, because I always felt as though I could complete it, I was close to succeeding, and I just needed to overcome my mistakes. This super gravitron feels a lot more like luck I guess.

I can't recommend any mobile games, but I'm playing Slay the Spire on Steam recently.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I feel this. I tried it for about 10mins and couldn't be bothered anymore, my highscore was 6 seconds and I think that was just luck.
I'd be more inclined to try harder at it if wasn't a mobile game, the interface is a bit awkward for me. But it also feels like a grind in order to improve at all and that doesn't appeal to me at all. I've played some 'tough' platform games like super meat boy, and that one in particular I enjoyed, because I always felt as though I could complete it, I was close to succeeding, and I just needed to overcome my mistakes. This super gravitron feels a lot more like luck I guess.

I can't recommend any mobile games, but I'm playing Slay the Spire on Steam recently.
I get you. the controls routinely screwed me, but I'm getting better! it just takes a minute.

I would recommend Monument Valley, Bloons TD 6, and BattleHeart for mobile games, but that's about it

Last edited:

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I spent hours today and could not get into the 30s!
I seriously seem to have my best runs when I'm winning imaginary arguments and not focusing on the game. then I notice how long I've not died and usually die.

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I seriously seem to have my best runs when I'm winning imaginary arguments and not focusing on the game. then I notice how long I've not died and usually die.
Duuuude, I was going to say this exact same thing, almost word for word! That's what I enjoy about simple games like this is it allows you to get into that zoned-out state. Every time I reach a new high score I come out of it like wait what did I just do? And yeah then I die lol.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Duuuude, I was going to say this exact same thing, almost word for word! That's what I enjoy about simple games like this is it allows you to get into that zoned-out state. Every time I reach a new high score I come out of it like wait what did I just do? And yeah then I die lol.
Yeah!

Also that just happened. 39:26

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
The world record is 7 minutes and 49 seconds. I looked at it before I bought the game because 30 seconds seemed too easy at first compared to the nearly 8 minute world record. I'm at 21 seconds right now.

That guy knows how to dodge 'dodging' by going off screen. really impressive!
I always pull 'super impressive moves' that leave me with nowhere to go, and then I die with only 7 seconds on the clock.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Just took an exam online where a fifth of the question had a photo component but none of the photos would load smh.

The world record is 7 minutes and 49 seconds. I looked at it before I bought the game because 30 seconds seemed too easy at first compared to the nearly 8 minute world record. I'm at 21 seconds right now.

-snip-
This is satisfying yet anxiety-inducing to watch. He's playing on a computer? Heck I might try that. Also you had to buy it?

Last edited:

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
StS is a fantastic game, I have over 500 hours in it according to my Steam library,
enjoyed StS, but the early game got too repetitive for me once I had things figured out. And the execution of the battles. I think I'd like it better if it auto played the battles somehow, or if the strategy turn to turn were more interesting.

I'm thinking of using a text color. No one seems to mind here, right?

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I am just focused on Destiny 2, PSO2, and Splatoon 2.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Just took an exam online where a fifth of the question had a photo component but none of the photos would load smh.
It's hilarious how schools are so ill to adapt to new learning formats, but basically expect new students to constantly adapt to learning their old material.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

I've been meaning to respond to this! I was looking into Slay the Spire! Its gameplay seems pretty fun but also different. Like I don't know exactly what to expect. That's what's holding me back but I think I'll cave in soon. Do you know any games to compare it to? I like deck building, the cards and all, strategy, but I'm still scared! LOL Doing some research it seems pretty roguelike and those scratch an itch of mine, I liked Binding of Isaac! But don't get me started on the difficulty... I'm so upset I never unlocked Lilith :(

I also cannot recommend any mobile games, but that's mostly in part to how I am a hopeless romantic. You know those choose-your-way romance games? THAT'S my scene!!! It's all the fun of a relationship, but none of the commitment! I've been super busy these past weeks but I found time to play a new story, and

I've already fallen ₕₑₐd ₒᵥₑᵣ ₕₑₑₗₛ !!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
lmao romance games...
They can be so much fun!! It's a HUGE weakness of mine. Don't tell anyone!!

I'm with this dude named Damien right now. "Best friends to lovers" kind of thing.... my favorite!!! At first I was feeling Hayden but he felt fake. And spoilers!
He was actually fake. He's a robot. Crazy twist!

But Damien's just my type! A little bit of edge but a heart of gold. AND he's hot? How dreamy :love::love:Embarrass It's putting a dent in my wallet but that's OK. I don't mind!

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
StS is a fantastic game, I have over 500 hours in it according to my Steam library,
I don't know if I would call it fantastic. In my opinion it has the same drawback as other roguelike games where due to the randomness involved sometimes it becomes way too difficult and sometimes it becomes way too easy. But I'm beginning to think that I don't really enjoy randomness in games and would prefer to play something with a linear challenge and progression. I've played about 150 hours and it's certainly entertained me, but I can't recommend it wholeheartedly.

I've been meaning to respond to this! I was looking into Slay the Spire! Its gameplay seems pretty fun but also different. Like I don't know exactly what to expect. That's what's holding me back but I think I'll cave in soon. Do you know any games to compare it to? I like deck building, the cards and all, strategy, but I'm still scared! LOL Doing some research it seems pretty roguelike and those scratch an itch of mine, I liked Binding of Isaac! But don't get me started on the difficulty... I'm so upset I never unlocked Lilith :(
It has a sliding difficulty scale with 20 different levels to choose between (beating each one unlocks the next) so it's pretty forgiving when you're getting to grips with it, and there's no shame in just playing on a level you're comfortable with just to have fun. It involves a lot more scratching your head and marginal decisions than other roguelikes due to the deckbuilding choices, and it's also more challenging in some ways because it's not always obvious what you did wrong or how you can improve, compared to say BoI where either you should have avoided getting hit, or just skipped that room entirely.

It's a LOT of fun when everything starts coming together and you've built a perfect killing machine of a deck. It's not so fun where you can kill everything except the one boss in particular who's immune to your deck LOL. And there's 4 different characters now, each with their own card pool and synergies/mechanics so there's plenty of variety to sample. As I said above I played about 150 hours now and I'm just above level 10 on each character, so I certainly feel like I got my money's worth.

I also cannot recommend any mobile games, but that's mostly in part to how I am a hopeless romantic. You know those choose-your-way romance games? THAT'S my scene!!! It's all the fun of a relationship, but none of the commitment! I've been super busy these past weeks but I found time to play a new story, and
I've already fallen ₕₑₐd ₒᵥₑᵣ ₕₑₑₗₛ !!
I've never really gotten into romance games, I was kind of curious at one point but I didn't know where to start and I'm kind of wary of committing time to a story that might end up being really weird or disappointing. I'm glad you're enjoying it though.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I don't know if I would call it fantastic. In my opinion it has the same drawback as other roguelike games where due to the randomness involved sometimes it becomes way too difficult and sometimes it becomes way too easy. But I'm beginning to think that I don't really enjoy randomness in games and would prefer to play something with a linear challenge and progression. I've played about 150 hours and it's certainly entertained me, but I can't recommend it wholeheartedly.

It has a sliding difficulty scale with 20 different levels to choose between (beating each one unlocks the next) so it's pretty forgiving when you're getting to grips with it, and there's no shame in just playing on a level you're comfortable with just to have fun. It involves a lot more scratching your head and marginal decisions than other roguelikes due to the deckbuilding choices, and it's also more challenging in some ways because it's not always obvious what you did wrong or how you can improve, compared to say BoI where either you should have avoided getting hit, or just skipped that room entirely.

It's a LOT of fun when everything starts coming together and you've built a perfect killing machine of a deck. It's not so fun where you can kill everything except the one boss in particular who's immune to your deck LOL. And there's 4 different characters now, each with their own card pool and synergies/mechanics so there's plenty of variety to sample. As I said above I played about 150 hours now and I'm just above level 10 on each character, so I certainly feel like I got my money's worth.

I've never really gotten into romance games, I was kind of curious at one point but I didn't know where to start and I'm kind of wary of committing time to a story that might end up being really weird or disappointing. I'm glad you're enjoying it though.
Honestly, it's for the best the romance games didn't work out for you. The games I play, you have to pay "diamonds" or "gems" or whatever to unlock all the scenes of the story (more romance scenes or more "lore" like watching the job interview of someone at Big Bad Evil Inc.). It's horrible and I wouldn't encourage it at all but there's nothing else that can act as like an outlet for my pansexuality/asexuality. If a story has a focus on a decent plot and also romance then it can be taken a lot further than say C B A S support conversations in Fire Emblem (which are basically nothing tbh, not even real romance). So it acts as my escape from heteronormativity! And I feel like eventually I won't have to read these stories, because I'll be living my own. Idealistic, but I like to imagine! So if getting all the scenes I want costs me $30 but I get to explore and vicariously live in my queer side, get a good story and topic to think about, and also get a little hope for the future, I'd say it's money well spent. Especially when I only indulge myself with these games maybe twice a year? Plus I just like to read!

You have me sold on Slay the Spire though! I think the difficulty scale is just my thing, since I felt BoI was too tricky. And with the characters I just felt unlucky. Like I'd pick Azazel and I'd get horrible items but I'd pick Isaac and get the Ludovico (which for Azazel makes his tear a huge ring). I felt played! LOL So if each character in StS has their own pool then that might help with that! From a google search EXAPUNKS seems like my thing too but I hadn't heard of it before so I'll look more into it! Thank you for the recommendations!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I was kidding guys I love romance games I played one on flash.com long ago

Top Bottom