• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I've been the content manager of the site for over five years; I'd call it anything but quick lmao
Seriously? Huh, I thought Scribe was the one managing it.

I mean, you've always had an air of power about you with you being one of the most active Writing Team members publishing stories, but I guess it's kind of official now isn't it.

Anyway, congrats on your "promotion" then.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Seriously? Huh, I thought Scribe was the one managing it.

I mean, you've always had an air of power about you with you being one of the most active Writing Team members publishing stories, but I guess it's kind of official now isn't it.

Anyway, congrats on your "promotion" then.
I can see why. We're not that transparent about it. Scribe+I manage it. Every time the Editor-in-Chief has changed hands, I've always been the CM. The CM's duty is to manage all of the users and the content posted on the site while the EiC makes sure everything is consistent.

and then we have four editors currently and they all have their own duties mostly in assisting Scribe/I. (Emaleigh assists Scribe, Happens/Zero assist me, Tyler does social media)

and then we have like a gazillion writer's after that.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I can see why. We're not that transparent about it. Scribe+I manage it. Every time the Editor-in-Chief has changed hands, I've always been the CM. The CM's duty is to manage all of the users and the content posted on the site while the EiC makes sure everything is consistent.

and then we have four editors currently and they all have their own duties mostly in assisting Scribe/I. (Emaleigh assists Scribe, Happens/Zero assist me, Tyler does social media)

and then we have like a gazillion writer's after that.
Ah, nice. That actually clears up a lot; I was wonderinf while viewing the staff announcements why the individuals who were chosen were chosen, i.e. low post count before modship (no offense to those users, as quantity does not imply quality). However, if they are a huge help behind the scenes eith editing, then I can't debate with that and support SB's decision.

In that case, I'm just surprised you weren't a mod before. Keep up the good work in that regard!

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
What's that quote from The Incredibles? When everyone's a mod, no one is?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I'd love to, but college is starting back up next Monday, I've got another 1500 words of a 3000 word paper to write and a presentation to create before then, and once it begins I'll have 14 credit hours with two jobs on the side and will be helping lead a few extracurriculars. Appreciate the offer, though!

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'd love to, but college is starting back up next Monday, I've got another 1500 words of a 3000 word paper to write and a presentation to create before then, and once it begins I'll have 14 credit hours with two jobs on the side and will be helping lead a few extracurriculars. Appreciate the offer, though!
Good luck! You've got this.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
also sorry but I'm way over-extended with mafia by this point so I can't join atm I need to recharge and find a job and all that jazz before I try anything else again

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I'm in the baby steps of planning a japan trip for next year (leaning towards March or May). Has any one been to Japan? Was there some place you went to that you didn't really hear much about? If you haven't been to Japan, is there somewhere you really want to go but haven't had the chance yet?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I'm in the baby steps of planning a japan trip for next year (leaning towards March or May). Has any one been to Japan? Was there some place you went to that you didn't really hear much about? If you haven't been to Japan, is there somewhere you really want to go but haven't had the chance yet?
swag

i lived in okinawa japan for 2 years. japan is ****ing baller. some things that stood out to me:

- food is amazing and healthy. enjoy it. fun fact their large fry is our small fry, no exaggeration
- one piece is the equivalent of disney over there: you will see posters for it, vending machines w/small one piece figures, etc. anime is mainstream over there. they even sell hentai in some convenience stores lol
- beaches are beautiful. clear blue water with clean sand
- check out lawsons. its a convenience store claim where you can stock up on food. they serve fried chicken there which is ****ing amazing
- if you get to go to okinawa at all then check out naha. fun city
- check out okinawa churaumi aquarium. second biggest aquarium in the world i believe. theres an outdoors section you can walk thru thats beautiful
- check out shuri castle in okinawa. its so ****ing cool; you feel like stepped foot into a movie or some ****: http://travel.cnn.com/castle-hunting-okinawa-314631/
- try to learn the bus system before you go. do some googling, its simple once you figure it out and you can get to a lot of places for cheap
- i encourage you to go to as many restaurants as possible. srsly you cannot go wrong with the food, its so ****ing good
- check out american village in okinawa if you can for a night. fun outdoor mall near the beach that you can check out at night

just enjoy it man. i think back to it n its like a dream. japan is a beautiful country so i just advise seeing as much as you can. you cant go wrong

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
swag

i lived in okinawa japan for 2 years. japan is ****ing baller. some things that stood out to me:

- food is amazing and healthy. enjoy it. fun fact their large fry is our small fry, no exaggeration
- one piece is the equivalent of disney over there: you will see posters for it, vending machines w/small one piece figures, etc. anime is mainstream over there. they even sell hentai in some convenience stores lol
- beaches are beautiful. clear blue water with clean sand
- check out lawsons. its a convenience store claim where you can stock up on food. they serve fried chicken there which is ****ing amazing
- if you get to go to okinawa at all then check out naha. fun city
- check out okinawa churaumi aquarium. second biggest aquarium in the world i believe. theres an outdoors section you can walk thru thats beautiful
- check out shuri castle in okinawa. its so ****ing cool; you feel like stepped foot into a movie or some ****: http://travel.cnn.com/castle-hunting-okinawa-314631/
- try to learn the bus system before you go. do some googling, its simple once you figure it out and you can get to a lot of places for cheap
- i encourage you to go to as many restaurants as possible. srsly you cannot go wrong with the food, its so ****ing good
- check out american village in okinawa if you can for a night. fun outdoor mall near the beach that you can check out at night

just enjoy it man. i think back to it n its like a dream. japan is a beautiful country so i just advise seeing as much as you can. you cant go wrong
Thank you for the suggestions! Is it time consuming to get to Okinawa? The aquarium and the castle and the American village all look really cool!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Thank you for the suggestions! Is it time consuming to get to Okinawa? The aquarium and the castle and the American village all look really cool!
i take it you mean from mainland japan? im not sure. my time was exclusively on oki

you can prolly spend like 2 days at oki n get the most out of it but if thats not doable dont sweat it. im sure mainland japan is amazing as well

Maven89

Smash Master
Patriots don’t have fans, just bandwaggoners and bootlickers. Soon as they start to lose 90% of their fans will jump ship. Unlike the Cowboy fans, we stay loyal, even when the team keeps showing us we shouldn’t. This year will be different, I can tell because I’ve thought this many times before

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Patriots don’t have fans, just bandwaggoners and bootlickers. Soon as they start to lose 90% of their fans will jump ship. Unlike the Cowboy fans, we stay loyal, even when the team keeps showing us we shouldn’t. This year will be different, I can tell because I’ve thought this many times before
You say that like New England has anything better to do than live vicariously through our sports teams.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Miami is a city where you start almost every year talking about how it’s gonna be our year and that nobody can stop us. Then 3 weeks in we’re reminded that we’re in the same division as the pats and we take a different team.

Jax is a city where you swear your teams good cuz you almost made it to the Super Bowl once (but real talk that game was bull**** lmfao, not even a jags fan)

Top Bottom