• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

BarDulL

Town Vampire
And thanks guys for the support. I’ll be back in a bit.

In the mean time, here is a random but sick instrumental of JoJo’s music.

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I didn’t really care about the cheating itself, it was the cheating mixed with Kon calling us idiots and morons when he was cheating. That’s when I went from “this is a no no” to “wow this guy sucks”
your avatar makes everything you say 80% more badass

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I don’t remember who cares and who doesn’t, but I finally got around to beating persona five tonight, I could post some serious thoughts about the game but there’s an enemy in the final dungeon that’s definitely just a giant male genital in a chariot and I don’t know if I can get over it.

Also, twewy remake came out today too so I’ve been having fun in my little anime video game corner

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I don’t remember who cares and who doesn’t, but I finally got around to beating persona five tonight, I could post some serious thoughts about the game but there’s an enemy in the final dungeon that’s definitely just a giant male genital in a chariot and I don’t know if I can get over it.
Mara's a gold mine for innuendo enthusiasts, but P5 edition gets some special mentions.

Tower arcana.

Weak to ice.

Learns Firm Stance.

Last edited:

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Don't worry, he shows up in every SMT and Persona game.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Mara's a gold mine for innuendo enthusiasts, but P5 edition gets some special mentions.

Tower arcana.

Weak to ice.

Learns Firm Stance.
When you first encounter him in P5 he’s the “throbbing king”.

Don't worry, he shows up in every SMT and Persona game.
What are some other good games in the SMT series? Also did you play persona Q? Q2 is coming out soon and I feel like I might get it because I really just like the characters in 5 and want to see more of them interactions but don’t want to spend $40 on garbage.

Maven89

Smash Master
Goddamn my avatar is so cool. I started watching Reboot again, haven't seen it since I was 12. Wasn't there a Reboot mafia game at some point in the past? I can't find it in the archives.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
What are some other good games in the SMT series? Also did you play persona Q? Q2 is coming out soon and I feel like I might get it because I really just like the characters in 5 and want to see more of them interactions but don’t want to spend $40 on garbage.
No offense but you've made the worst character in that game your avatar... the only thing that could redeem you is if you dated Futaba and Futaba only. :laugh:

As for suggestions in the series...

1. The Devil Survivor remakes for the 3DS are some of my favorite games, period. It's the closest to persona out of all the other SMT games that you're going to get. It has a large cast and time is limited so you have to pick and choose who you get close to, which then in turn affects which ending you get, and they are more interesting than the standard Law and Chaos endings you usually see in SMT.

2. SMT4 and SMT4: Apocalypse are great as well. Definitely more challenging. When I played the former I couldn't make it past the first real boss and I had to actually change the difficulty to easy and lose all sense of shame lol. The latter I made it to the end before it started becoming a wall that and had to make a similar decision. Although I didn't do much of the side stuff so that is probably why.

The way alignment is decided is in SMT4, there are options you pick in conversations that give you invisible points or take away invisible points, and at a certain part it tallies up those points and sets an ending in stone, and honestly both Chaos and Law are so bad in 4 and come across as the "not true" endings, whereas neutral is like a small sliver that you have to meet in the middle that is unlikely unless you keep track online your alignment points. Although I think there is an NPC you can talk to that gives you a different remark based on where you currently are, which I didn't do.

In SMT 4 Apocalypse though its basically a flat out choice between which of the two endings you want, and it's basically just "Do you care about your partners, yes or no?" Anarchy all the way baby.

3. Not sure if you've played Persona 4, but it is also recommended since it's very similar to P5, but I'd say P5 is overall just a better experience, in part because its the latest edition and the perks that go along with that.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Although I think there is an NPC you can talk to that gives you a different remark based on where you currently are, which I didn't do.
One of the hunters at the bar in the hunter place thingy.

It's been a few years, so I'm lacking terminology. But he's pretty straightforward to find, so probably no harm.

#HBC | Nabe

There are no bad games in the series, only more difficult ones. Start with P4 Golden or Devil Survivor 2 if you want something similar, and SMT3 or 4 for the mainline games that are more easily digestible.

Have you played Etrian Odyssey? PQ is not so secretly a gameplay crossover with that series in some respects. If 2 is like 1, it'll have some fun but more simplistic interactions between characters. For me, the gameplay is the biggest draw to PQ. I don't think you could go wrong picking it up, at any rate.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
giraffelasergun giraffelasergun hope you're having a good time! I loved Persona 5.
Honestly persona 5 might be my favorite game I’ve played in 2017/2018(which have both been good years for games so far) and the quality of life improvements it had over 4 were very nice.

No offense but you've made the worst character in that game your avatar... the only thing that could redeem you is if you dated Futaba and Futaba only. :laugh:
A lot of offense taken, Ryuji is the best boy. Also as funny as it was when Futaba called Mishima an NPC i found a lot of her other social link stuff a little cringe. I dated makoto but I think if I replayed the game I would go with Haru or Hifumi.
There are no bad games in the series, only more difficult ones. Start with P4 Golden or Devil Survivor 2 if you want something similar, and SMT3 or 4 for the mainline games that are more easily digestible.

Have you played Etrian Odyssey? PQ is not so secretly a gameplay crossover with that series in some respects. If 2 is like 1, it'll have some fun but more simplistic interactions between characters. For me, the gameplay is the biggest draw to PQ. I don't think you could go wrong picking it up, at any rate.
I have Etrian Odyssey 4 and I got to the third land I think? There was this dungeon where one floor was hot and another was cold and you had to carry ice but the story wasn’t really drawing me in that much.

I think I’ll check out SMT4, I’ve heard a lot of good things about it, and everyone here seems to be really enjoying it too.

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Goddamn my avatar is so cool. I started watching Reboot again, haven't seen it since I was 12. Wasn't there a Reboot mafia game at some point in the past? I can't find it in the archives.
how does it hold up? havent watched it since i was a kid either

i dont think theres been a game based on it

Maven89

Smash Master
Animation is obviously rough, but it gets better in the third season when they add shadows. The first two seasons are more for nostalgia purposes, though it's still entertaining even as a kids show. I jumped around episodes there. But when it gets to season 3 it gets really good, like surprisingly good. The episode where Matrix has a dream where he's put on trial for "becoming everything he hates" is deep in a way I didn't remember the show ever being. I'm finishing up the third season now. The whole show is here

http://www.shoutfactorytv.com/series/reboot

Definitely worth watching a few episodes to vindicate your childhood tastes

Last edited:

#HBC | Nabe

I have Etrian Odyssey 4 and I got to the third land I think? There was this dungeon where one floor was hot and another was cold and you had to carry ice but the story wasn’t really drawing me in that much.
Yeah, that sounds about right. They're not story-driven games so much, you create your characters and fill in the blanks yourself. PQ is moreso about story, and the two Etrian Odyssey Untold games (remakes of 1 and 2) have good story modes, but the focus is definitely on dungeon-crawling, map-drawing, and the front / back combat system.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I thought of using this forum again to create a tech megathread for Kirby, but I noticed I got mentioned here as soon as I logged back in. Good to see this dgames still being active, though I accepted that I am super trash at these games.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I thought of using this forum again to create a tech megathread for Kirby, but I noticed I got mentioned here as soon as I logged back in. Good to see this dgames still being active, though I accepted that I am super trash at these games.
idc play with us it's a wonderful time to be alive

there's all sorts of new players and Nabe (somehow miraculously) got me back into hosting~

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
The first step to being good at mafia is realizing that you are trash at mafia(me too thanks)
Also hi hello how are you?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Each individually have shown a lack of respect for everyone else and an interest in abusing trust.
Basically, they don't give a **** about us. I think it was good to know the truth here. It's not good to keep things hidden for the sake of the community remaining united. It is what it is. Some people think people SHOULDN'T be called out. Don't care.

Bardull, you did good. I'll be the one to change the subject now, because I had a reason for coming here.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So, I became a Substitute Teacher for the first time on Friday. It was horrible. I wrote a long thing about it if you peeps are interested, I'll spoil it.

So, I had experienced my first day as a substitute teacher, with no training, or preparation what so ever. It was horrible. Literally, this was the state of each of my classes during the day: Kindergarten Cop.

To explain my day, I had little sleep, as I was nervous. I did the most last minute preparing I could do. I went to the school at 7:08 AM. Teachers and staff were arriving, and one let me in as I told them I was a substitute teacher. No signing in or what so ever, though. I sat at the front near the secretary station, until 7:30 AM. She led me to the class around 7:40 AM. So, I went there early to prepare, but had to waste that time to simply wait anyway. Great start.

I’m led to the class. I get in, and look quickly, and I sit at the teachers desk. I find the busy work. The kids come in soon, and their first reaction is “Oh we are having a substitute teacher!” My plan was to give out my rules and introduce myself, it just didn’t happen. I lost myself in the chaos to be able to transition smoothly to that part. Then I started to do attendance, but was not able to complete it since home room was over, and I had to bring them to their next class.

So what I learned from that is, that I can’t really diddle dawdle at that period, it went by fast. Then the actual class periods take long and tend to have dead air. When the dead air happened, naturally, kids got bored and chaos ensued. Kids ran around the room, kids chattered, yelled, didn’t listen to instruction, asked to sit elsewhere, fought each other, jumped on their chairs, etc.

Now, there were a slight few who were helpful, and had behaved, and had done their work. At least, I was able to get them to work with a work > reward system at least. I had to adapt. Yet it didn’t last for long. They blew through the activity sheets I had them work on, and some of them had trouble with a few parts of them, which I had them skip instead. I realized that I was not equipped to help them at all. The tens are easier to do with adding. Yet the 7s and 8s are harder, but I don’t know how to show them how to actually do it. I saw some of them plop out books, and honestly, I think I entirely forgot about the books.

During Prep and Lunch, I simply sat there. I was trying to gather myself, before getting two back to back classes before the day ended. Hopefully, if I could learn how to deal with the classes in a more effective manner, and can get them to listen, and enjoy their day, I would succeed. This is for next time. Today did not succeed. Even a class that does not misbehave usually, misbehaved with me. So that tells me, I’m a very bad rookie teacher. I have learned that the true nature of children in a group, is un-orderly. It is literally Lord of the flies.

Near the end of the day, some were asking if they could pack up. I said yes, and they excitedly got their things. Even though class is soon to be over (if I could call it a class), they were still chaotic near the end. My tactics have eroded. After a while, it was not a lesson or class, but more so glorified baby sitting, trying to make sure they are occupied in some way, and attending to their needs as needed. I had trouble lining them up.

I’m currently trying to prepare for this in a better manner. I’m reading up guides, and looking for resources that I can have on hand. Originally, I had some supplies that I bought for myself a long time ago, pencils, erasers, etc. I brought those to class, and there wasn’t as much pencils or erasers. I had to give those out, I got 2/3 of the erasers back. I’m not sure about the pencils. Really, it’s probably what I deserve as I’ve probably taken one home or not as a child. I can’t remember. I’m not trained in this field, and now I have to use my own wisdom, the internet, and any resources I can find and simply learn on the job. Hopefully my second day will be less terrible.

What my goal will be is to prevent any extreme behaviors like yelling, jumping around, and fighting each other. If I can do that, I’ll feel a lot better, as I feel I can definitely come around to the activities and learning parts. The behavior is what worries me the most. I’m not the best at moderating or being an authority. I can’t determine for sure if getting a few high fives at the end of the day is good or bad for me.

Genuinely, I like those kids doing that at the end. I’m sure a few may have thought I was unfair. A few of the students were coming up to me asking if they could be my helper. Honestly, at times, I had some distrust. I can’t tell if there are that many helpers at once, and sometimes when I did allow it, papers that were supposed to be passed out didn’t make it to the students. I don’t know the guidelines or what is usually done. So for me, it was going off the rails and I’m sure for the children, it may have been a bit jarring as it may have been much different then what the teacher does. Of course, my helpers were sitting in my own seat and I told them to go to their seats, and they refused while saying “But I’m helping.”

At the end, I took them down the stairs to the yard to wait for their parents. I was told by a co-worker of MES that I don’t need to stay, at that time I can leave. Either way, I had to stay since the door was locked. Yet it was in these ending moments, that I got those high fives, and had seen the interactions from teacher to parent. The company I work for doesn’t provide over time. Yet, I feel that I should make it a point to stay a little bit, to bond with the students. Hopefully this will get them to get adjusted to me. I saw a kid doing a fortnite dance, and I said ‘Ah, that’s a dance emote from Fortnite, isn’t it?’ and his expression was that of being caught in a silly way.

After that, I got my coat and bag, and went to my car, feet hurting. I should wear comfortable shoes next time. I was tired. Over the whole day, it was reacting to chaos and while trying to keep the chaos low, I had also had to react to children raising their hands to sharpen their pencils or use the bathroom. By the end of the day, both passes have been broken.

That is all I have to say for now. I’m now going to have to take on a Gym assignment on Monday. This will be interesting. What I fear most is the reaction of the teachers and staff of me, now that they know I’m a incompetent teacher that still needs to grow.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
ranmaru ranmaru congrats on becoming a substitute teacher! You made a comment about appearing “incompetent” in front of other teachers, I’m not a teacher but I think most teachers understand that subs do not have the same amount of training as them and also know that students are more likely to misbehave when a sub is there so they probably don’t think you’re incompetent if they see you struggling. I don’t have advice on how to handle children(because let’s be honest that’s just haaaaaaard). But I hope you find a way to feel less stressed about subbing!

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Just type @ and then the person's name. A little box should appear as you are typing someone's name and you can just click the box to make it easier. Just watch out though because some people use special characters in their names.

@ (no space between @ and their name) Sephiroths Masamune = Sephiroths Masamune Sephiroths Masamune

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
ranmaru ranmaru congrats on becoming a substitute teacher! You made a comment about appearing “incompetent” in front of other teachers, I’m not a teacher but I think most teachers understand that subs do not have the same amount of training as them and also know that students are more likely to misbehave when a sub is there so they probably don’t think you’re incompetent if they see you struggling. I don’t have advice on how to handle children(because let’s be honest that’s just haaaaaaard). But I hope you find a way to feel less stressed about subbing!
Thanks man I appreciate it. I bought a few things to hopefully be more prepared this time around.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I don't know how to phrase it in a witty and funny manner; it's late and I'm tired, but for the record, Maven changing his avatar after 4 years is like the most surreal thing I've seen in recent memory, probably even more so than the last two years of American politics. Or Brexit. It just came out of nowhere.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I was comfortable with the white dude in a beanie after 4 long years, and now I don't know what to do with myself.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't mind him keeping it for four more years. It gives me a sense of nostalgia.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Honestly the beanie guy picture reminded me of Buck from Rainbow Six Siege, for some reason.

Anyways, I hope to one day try a hydra, cause it would seem like fun sharing a role with someone and comparing ideas, plus it could tske off the stress of maintaining a constant presence in the shorter phases often happening these days.

Top Bottom