• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
oh hey Bardull. yeah it's been like...3 years since I logged on? yeah it's been a long time.

and oh? I hope you were talking about terrible things.

me thinking: ****, they still remember. UGH

and yo, natz!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I was the one that created that role, along with running my first mafia game

it was an adventure, and people liked it...till the rogue roll made public :C

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I was the one that created that role, along with running my first mafia game

it was an adventure, and people liked it...till the rogue roll made public :C
yaaaaaa we just had our own disaster not to long ago lol

one role made a disaster when made public
what? I'm not allowed to swear? waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

welp.
**** **** ***** **** of course ya are :V just gotta ya know be censored but message still gets acrossed

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Rockin Rockin Wait till you see the Night King role. Basically you have a team of players that ends up being lied to about one of their team mates who is actually the Night King. The Night King is an independent cult leader that can recruit players that have died and if there are more recruited dead players than living players, game ends. Originally, no one was informed about the number of dead players that had been recruited.

Was absolutely wild, lol.

Last edited:

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
okay so here's the deal natz.

in Sleepover Mafia, there was a role called 'rogue.' it would hide in the mafia side as a mafia member. the trick however is that, if it killed one of their own, a special flavor would be made out in public based on the character they are. it would start off small, but the 2nd and 3rd kill would be more apparant who the 'character' is. It was meant to be a failsafe. turns out it didn't do its job good enough. LOL

afterwards, rogue role was banned.

Based on the description, I'm surprised it went through. i thought this place had mods that would check out the game's structure before it comes to light

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Nabe - NEVER. ya messed up ya chance.

man, all those sleepover theme mafias were amazing to do, and people did seem to enjoy them

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~

in Sleepover Mafia, there was a role called 'rogue.' it would hide in the mafia side as a mafia member. the trick however is that, if it killed one of their own, a special flavor would be made out in public based on the character they are. it would start off small, but the 2nd and 3rd kill would be more apparant who the 'character' is. It was meant to be a failsafe. turns out it didn't do its job good enough. LOL

Based on the description, I'm surprised it went through. i thought this place had mods that would check out the game's structure before it comes to light
oh i know, barney showed us it after that game ended

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
then what else would you like to know?

TBH, in comparison to most of the other players, I ain't too special. Just a cool and chill out guy.

...honest, I swear.

also, is EE still around?

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
then what else would you like to know?

TBH, in comparison to most of the other players, I ain't too special. Just a cool and chill out guy.

...honest, I swear.

also, is EE still around?
uuuuuh....i just wanted to hear what you side of the culture of dgames was :V and like what the hell ya are and done and **** :V

and alrighty

no clue who EE is :V

BarDulL

Town Vampire

Oh yeah, it would have never passed if mods reviewed it first. Since we have a new crowd though, we largely wanted the newer crowd to have the freedom to make their own set ups unadulterated since that is what they were used to prior.

It has been my recommendation since the Night King that someone checks the set up prior unless it’s a known host/experienced player. We’ll see what happens for future games but I think everyone knows not to incorporate bastardry into their roles.

I think EE is still around on Smashboards, doesn’t frequent DGames as often though. Evil Eye Evil Eye

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Oh yeah, it would have never passed if mods reviewed it first. Since we have a new crowd though, we largely wanted the newer crowd to have the freedom to make their own set ups unadulterated since that is what they were used to prior.

It has been my recommendation since the Night King that someone checks the set up prior unless it’s a known host/experienced player. We’ll see what happens for future games but I think everyone knows not to incorporate bastardry into their roles.

I think EE is still around on Smashboards, doesn’t frequent DGames as often though. Evil Eye Evil Eye
to be fair the only reason why it happened was cause the dude reallly reallly wanted the flavor for it and the ddue that was suppose to review wanted his good to be expressed

but ya, that host really did **** over everyone

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
uuuuuh....i just wanted to hear what you side of the culture of dgames was :V and like what the hell ya are and done and **** :V
haha, fair enough.

You can call me one of the OG Mafia players. My skills in mafia is...decent. as townie, I tend to either get myself lynched due to not being best town, process of elimination, or...Night time shinanicans. as Mafia, however, i seem to do a lot better. tactician, making others tell their roles. One time I did some manipulative stuff in TLI (The Lonely Island Mafia). I was proud of that one (even though Tom wanted me dead lol).

I made more of a name for myself in adventure games. I joined EE's The Fog game really late, but actually managed to defend myself and help the good guys get their end goal. Batman Mafia was really fun. aside from the jokes, i had some nice fights in-game, and got to progress pretty well. unfortunately, I chose the worst time to be 'strong and independent' and because of that, I managed to die in a blaze of glory.

I'm more known for my adventure games, shinanicans and meme/joke generator than anything else. oh yeah and my sleepover theme mafias

Maven89

Smash Master
Turns out there was a secret group on this site playing mafia under a rock, and once someone smashed their rock they crawled out here. It's pretty good, though they play where anyone can talk to anyone at night in private Pms which is something that takes getting used to

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Turns out there was a secret group on this site playing mafia under a rock, and once someone smashed their rock they crawled out here. It's pretty good, though they play where anyone can talk to anyone at night in private Pms which is something that takes getting used to
it was less secret group and more like on the other side of the fourm where no one here will look at

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
rockins a legend. those mafia sleepover games were fun af. glad youre back boyo
Yeah it was, well the one I played

Yeah, it's pretty funny I played one on Omgus.net and one of the dudes came out to me as Third Party (In DM's) and I outed him because I was paranoid lol and then he was frickin vanilla town smh, then I had him as my scum partner the next game

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
As you all know, I created a post recently on allegations of cheating. My intentions of doing this were to identify people who cheated and to carry out what I felt were the correct duties as a moderator of Decisive Games. I sought to uphold the integrity of diplomacy games and to set an example to everyone that cheating in games was completely unacceptable and should never be done.

In previous years of Decisive Games, cheating in a game was grounds for ban. This has been the implied and prevailing sentiment for years. Here are two threads that do in fact mention repercussions of cheating, albeit they are old:

https://smashboards.com/threads/for...-and-mafia-signups-updated-jan-1-2008.124180/

https://smashboards.com/threads/mafia-mafia-ruined.159238/page-5

The sentiment behind this line of thought is that Mafia is a major time commitment, and to knowingly cheat and deceive people is an incredibly disrespectful thing to do. That is the sentiment I uphold. I feel many will agree with me on this.

A case of clear-cut cheating has never really happened for around a decade. Eventually the rule got lost in time and space and was never updated to be in clear view of the users of this board. If the rules aren't in clear view and available, players cannot be banned from the room for cheating despite the circumstances.

Therefore, I misstepped and operated outside of protocol; no bans or punishment will be handed out to the people who cheated.

However, the accused know what they did, and so does everyone else. It is up to the hosts to decide whether or not to allow these players in their games. How the players and hosts of this community respond to the accused is up to them.

I will side with the administration for now: I am personally comfortable giving these players one more chance. However, I will also be updating the rules and ensuring that they are in clear view.

Do not cheat ever again.

I love you all, and apologize for overstepping my boundaries this time around.

I also apologize for posting private messages that were not meant to be shared in public. I have my reasons for doing this, but I know in my heart I should not have done that.

-Bardster

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I am definitely willing to let the accused still play in my setups, if they are still interested in mafia. Just with some stipulations such as both of them not allowed to be in the same game or be in a green room of an ongoing game the other is in. This way their accounts can not influence one another during a game.

Maven89

Smash Master
Oh are we talking about this here now?

I have the opposite reaction of FE, in that I'm never going to allow Natz or LoneKonWolf to ever play a game I host. I'm disgusted that they ruined 3 months of games through systematic cheating. They wasted everyone's times in some pathetic plot to...what? Gain affirmation? Look at people saying how smart one of them was? It's just a game, but I put in time and effort, and knowing that they were all tainted, all faked, is infuriating. It's like playing a game with someone whose better then you, keeps trying to get you to tell them how good they are, and then you find out they were using an aimbot the entire time. Suddenly you realize you were not their friend, you were just someone they were using to steal praise. I liked both of them. I currently doubt LoneKonWolf is even real, and think Natz doesn't give a **** about anyone here, at least not in a way a normal person would. Some people spent months coming up with mafia games, more months waiting for their turn to host them, and then Natz and LoneKonWolf came in and took a **** all over them so they could feel good about themselves through lies.

I'm upset this even took place here. We've been playing mafia for over a decade, and never had someone show so much disrespect to the community. Even in the example Bard linked, it was just a player immediately ****ing one game over, not someone ****ing them over for 3 months. I feel like my time and commitment has been wasted. Bard must be softer then me, because I'd blacklist the **** out of them from ever playing mafia here again.

"it's just a game bro"

Exactly, it's a game. We haven't had games over the last 3 months. We had players tricking and using people so they could pretend to be smart. What a shame.

So, Natz and LoneKonWolf, as far as I'm concerned, are horrible, pathetic wretches and I'd rather they never come back. I don't care if you're friends with them, I doubt they're friends with you.

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
While there is also still some fire and fury in my heart (hard not to have this), let's try to keep it civil in here. I respect your feelings on the matter, but I'll be transparent:

This situation was heavily moderated and discussed thoroughly among administration. This is a touchy subject around many people.

I think we are in the clear to discuss the topics and how to proceed in the community, but again, let's keep it civil.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
While there is also still some fire and fury in my heart (hard not to have this), let's try to keep it civil in here. I respect your feelings on the matter, but I'll be transparent:

This situation was heavily moderated and discussed thoroughly among administration. This is a touchy subject around many people.

I think we are in the clear to discuss the topics and how to proceed in the community, but again, let's keep it civil.
I do recommend a possible rules and guidelines thread that could be locked and stickied. Just so in future cases there can be a procedure to follow.

Anyways, I know many of you have been hurt by the events even I felt hurt. You all have the right as hosts to blacklist the players, but given the circumstances, I feel at least I can try to mend the relationship with these players by allowing them a 2nd chance in select setups. If they truly learned their lesson and play fairly consistently maybe it could be something we can put behind us. While there are no guarentees that may happen, I think at least for my setups its worth the risk.

Last edited:

Maven89

Smash Master
You guys have known her for longer then I. Is there any proof that LoneKonWolf is a real person? Because if he's real, a lot of my disgust would be mitigated. But currently I think he's an imaginary brother Natz came up with.

Top Bottom