• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I've been great! How about you and everyone else?? Looks like Dgames is still kickin!
I’ve been good!! I graduated college in between when I was last active on dgames and now, so I’ve been just living that whole adult life. Working and stuff. I think of the people you knew maven, kantrip, nabe, soup, bard and Kevinm are still active, but J and sephiroths masamune just played in a game I hosted(I’m sure I forgot someone and they’ll at me hard for it)

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Oh, congrats on graduating! That's awesome!

That's a nice list of players! Last time I checked dgames (can't even remember when that was rip), it looked like it wasn't doing too well, but it's nice to see that it's actually still going strong! <3

BarDulL

Town Vampire
The last time I saw Joey, he basically got himself killed as the Indy Survivor in my game. >;[

But all is forgiven on account of Joey's kawaii avatar.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Marshy, Gorf, Ranmaru, Ryu, Fanny, Koops, Vult as well.

That's a nice list of players! Last time I checked dgames (can't even remember when that was rip), it looked like it wasn't doing too well, but it's nice to see that it's actually still going strong! <3
Strong-ish. Mostly it's been oldsters floating back in, while people from Nintendo Zone invaded and took the place over.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
The last time I saw Joey, he basically got himself killed as the Indy Survivor in my game. >;[

But all is forgiven on account of Joey's kawaii avatar.
Wow that sounds exactly like me! I can't believe it! I'm so sorry

Marshy, Gorf, Ranmaru, Ryu, Fanny, Koops, Vult as well.

Strong-ish. Mostly it's been oldsters floating back in, while people from Nintendo Zone invaded and took the place over.
That's an even bigger list! That's cool! A lot of new people too, sounds nice!

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I died at #HBC | Chu, LOL

I need to pay a visit to Nintendo Zone at some point and spout endless Fire Emblem memes (I think the last time I was there, FE was just huge in the social lol).

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I've always wanted to host a crazy HxH setup where everyone is a powerole and there's conditions/restrinctions and **** to use the abilities, but I have never hosted a game so I'd probably should just host some whatever normal game first.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I've always wanted to host a crazy HxH setup where everyone is a powerole and there's conditions/restrinctions and **** to use the abilities, but I have never hosted a game so I'd probably should just host some whatever normal game first.
Do it. Just get someone to approve your set up like Bardul. Maybe get a co-mod on it as well.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
That sounds cool. I’ve been meaning to finally getting around to watch HxH, haven’t had the time. There’s plenty of peeps back here that know how to balance well but if you want my opinion on it, I can give it to ya if it’s needed Fandangox Fandangox

Didn’t Rajam do a HxH game a long time ago (5-6 years) with a gold system of sorts? That was pretty nuts lol. I remember Zen being the Indy (if memory serves) and all the chaos that ensued.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
By the way the HxH manga is also back out of hiatus. Enjoy.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Do it. Just get someone to approve your set up like Bardul. Maybe get a co-mod on it as well.
Yeah Bardull hosted a full PR game Revival of Dgames Mafia which is still my favorite mafia game I've played here.

and speaking of the devil

That sounds cool. I’ve been meaning to finally getting around to watch HxH, haven’t had the time. There’s plenty of peeps back here that know how to balance well but if you want my opinion on it, I can give it to ya if it’s needed Fandangox Fandangox

Didn’t Rajam do a HxH game a long time ago (5-6 years) with a gold system of sorts? That was pretty nuts lol. I remember Zen being the Indy (if memory serves) and all the chaos that ensued.
I was actually gonna ask you if you'd be okay with co-hosting this hypothetical game, for the reason I said. And I do remember there being a HxH game while I was active here before, but I never read it cause I didnt get to sign up for it and I didnt want to get mad and not being able to play in it while reading it lol

By the way the HxH manga is also back out of hiatus. Enjoy.
Yep! There's a very funny chat for the current arc that keeps being updated that serves as a good indication of where all the characters are at currently and how they are interacting with each other, it contains lots of spoilers of course.

I think Rajam did it greed island style back in the day.

Not a bad idea though.
Oh it was Greed Island, one of my least favorite HxH arcs, but I can it being a very fun set up for Mafia.

That said, I think I should definitely first host a much simpler game first, if anything mostly as a test to see how can I keep up with it.
Since while I do work on a computer there are times where I am too busy doing non-computer work, like the last 2 weeks.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Yeah Bardull hosted a full PR game Revival of Dgames Mafia which is still my favorite mafia game I've played here.
Dude, just hearing that gets me hype. I really put a lot of love into that game's story and into the characters. J/Cello/Swiss being the supreme bad guys (to be fair, J just wanted to be treated with respect), Gorf being an independent survivor turned serial killer, Nabe being a co-host but not actually being a co-host, marshy and EE busting out of nowhere into the floating castle LOOOL!

It's funny you mention this because I have such a hype storyline for Revival of DGames 2, I just need to type it into a word doc. It will be glorious.

and speaking of the devil

I was actually gonna ask you if you'd be okay with co-hosting this hypothetical game, for the reason I said. And I do remember there being a HxH game while I was active here before, but I never read it cause I didnt get to sign up for it and I didnt want to get mad and not being able to play in it while reading it lol
Let's do it. I can't give vote counts or things like that on weekdays, but I'm good for weekends. I'll try and get caught up on HxH so I can give you ideas for roles and crazy mechanics (assuming you don't already have them).

Last edited:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Fandangox Fandangox If you want to get hosting experience before you host H x H it could be a good idea to host an open setup game(like mayo jar or too many Bowie’s). There’s a lot on mafia scum and I’m sure people that have more experience hosting than I do can point you in the direction of one that would be fun to play or host.

Maybe Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa or #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe have suggestions idk.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Dude, just hearing that gets me hype. I really put a lot of love into that game's story and into the characters. J/Cello/Swiss being the supreme bad guys (to be fair, J just wanted to be treated with respect), Gorf being an independent survivor turned serial killer, Nabe being a co-host but not actually being a co-host, marshy and EE busting out of nowhere into the floating castle LOOOL!

It's funny you mention this because I have such a hype storyline for Revival of DGames 2, I just need to type it into a word doc. It will be glorious.

Let's do it. I can't give vote counts or things like that on weekdays, but I'm good for weekends. I'll try and get caught up on HxH so I can give you ideas for roles and crazy mechanics (assuming you don't already have them).
Oooh definitely looking forward to Dgames 2 when you make it, Maven losing as the indy because he just happened to mention the Walrus and then it just getting to him by RNG after being outed is one of the funniest things that has happened in games here.

I have some minor ideas for roles for the HxH, but I was thinking of first trying to think of a balanced setup and then mold it into a hxh theme (i.e tweaking the abilities a bit and giving them restrictions and what not)

giraffelasergun giraffelasergun Yeah that sounds like a good idea to do

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Oooh definitely looking forward to Dgames 2 when you make it, Maven losing as the indy because he just happened to mention the Walrus and then it just getting to him by RNG after being outed is one of the funniest things that has happened in games here

I have some minor ideas for roles for the HxH, but I was thinking of first trying to think of a balanced setup and then mold it into a hxh theme (i.e tweaking the abilities a bit and giving them restrictions and what not)
It was definitely ridiculous times. RNG in diplomacy games just doesn't fit the crowd here (but to be fair, I don't think it fits the mafia crowd in general including me). RNG aside, my only regret is that I couldn't include more characters into the game. There's a lot of classic characters in DGames, and fresh newer ones as well.

And alright, HMU with the mold whenever you've worked it out and we can get spiffy with it.

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Pokechu Pokechu I’m on the grad school grind so playing mafia would consist of my name on the player list and sheeting the player I think is best regardless of role. So unless you want me to do that or, idk, getting info about the setup and pretending I know what I’m doing or something horrible like that (not like anyone would do something so heinous), I’m better off not playing and living with the role of having been instrumental in the revival of the room. That and randomly popping into the social and stirring pots that may or may not have settled.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Month end for accounting is lame. FeelsBadMan.

Smash Direct On Thursday! https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/11-01-2018/

also, maybe undertale sequel????? https://twitter.com/UnderTale

Overall an eventful morning so far!
Late to this ‘cause my desk is full with too much work, but I’m hyped for “deltarune” which I suppose is an anagram for Undertale. Haven’t played it yet but I was a huge fan of the first game, not sure if this is a sequel or whatever but I’m sure it’s good.

Contemplating taking Ultimate seriously tournament-wise, but I would feel like an older dude showing up to an event filled with much younger adults lmao

Ok fine I’m 28 and not that old and it’s all in my head. :V

Last edited:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Contemplating taking Ultimate seriously tournament-wise, but I would feel like an older dude showing up to an event filled with much younger adults lmao

Ok fine I’m 28 and not that old and it’s all in my head. :V
I went to a local tournament in my city and it felt like most the people there were high school kids, but I could be wrong. I might try again with ultimate. Could be a good way to make friends in your city that like smash!

Also,
For the people that watched the direct, the last character they announced looks really freaking fun and I can't wait to play them.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
For the people that watched the direct, the last character they announced looks really freaking fun and I can't wait to play them.
agreed. i was disappointed at first because of the grinch leak being disproven but the more time has passed the more i think piranha plant looks ****ing awesome. its also hilarious. sakurais trolling has reached a level so high that the direct has me wondering if gorf was recently hired by bandai namco

piranha plant my most anticipated newcomer

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'm happy the Grinch leak was disproven. I had a feeling that it wasn't real and everyone was investing into it a little too much. I think when Ridley and K rool were confirmed it made people a little too optimistic. I dunno about most people, but I like being surprised. It also lets me hang on to hope that characters I want in may still be announced.

Last edited:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Grinch leak being fake would have been nice if we didn't get a much weaker 'leak' being true instead. Piranha Plant was a very nice surprise though! I love Incineroar and was hoping for him for months but I'm sure a lot of people are upset about it.

Also I'm down to give mafia a try the next time there's a game open! <3

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Grinch leak being fake would have been nice if we didn't get a much weaker 'leak' being true instead. Piranha Plant was a very nice surprise though! I love Incineroar and was hoping for him for months but I'm sure a lot of people are upset about it.

Also I'm down to give mafia a try the next time there's a game open! <3
I think having K Rool or Ridley be the last revealed fighter would have been tight, but I’m still very hype for the game/to see who the dlc fighters will be.

Piranha plant looks kick ass and I can’t wait to play him exclusively in February

BarDulL

Town Vampire
K. Rool and Ridley are a hard act to follow. Although Ken is sik; his punish game is going to be very good I feel but he will probably still suffer from not having disjointed hitboxes.

On a related note, that K. Rool theme though omg

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Ultimate is a month away, Deltarune made me a furry, and I paid $85 in preparation. I also requested two days off. This is gonna be a good year.

I'll frequent more often after. Really don't like how the website looks on my phone tho.

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Tingle DLC or riot
Tingle will be the new brawl metaknight, an absurdly broken character that single-handedly over-centralizes the entire meta to the point where tournaments are filled with Tingle mains. People all around the world will be dropping bad puns like “my spider-senses are...tingling” while exclaiming excitedly about the top Tingle mains. It will be glorious.

Last edited:
Top Bottom