• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
sure thing and no prob, I'm a bit rusty myself. I'll practice with you even, 1v1's.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
What were the core issues in your recent ranked games.
i haven't played any of the new season and have noooo idea how i'm supposed to build. i guess that only really applies to jungle though.

i think my main issue is just map awareness and not taking advantage of every situation that is possible for me to take advantage of. my mechanical skill/laning/team fight is usually pretty good though..

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
i haven't played any of the new season and have noooo idea how i'm supposed to build. i guess that only really applies to jungle though. i think my main issue is just map awareness and not taking advantage of every situation that is possible for me to take advantage of. my mechanical skill/laning/team fight is usually pretty good though..
Just curious how someone at higher elo reflects on their games. Some games I just lose and I'm pretty much like, well Fizz got fed and snowballed by roaming bot lane and got them fed as well and then they proceeded to ward and control dragon in almost every confrontation therefore super snowballing their advantage which led to why I lost the game since I could have done something as top lane, maybe carried teleport or idk roamed a bit. But even if I tried to carry harder, game would have been lost cause my team had zero map awareness, no wards, poor positions, poor team fight mechanics, and face checked every bush.

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Someone at higher ELO doesn't often encounter games in which he can't have a greater effect on it because the general quality of player is higher. Someone at lower ELO doesn't often encounter games in which he can't have a greater effect on it because the general quality of the player is lower.

Some games you literally do just have to shrug off because "Lol, Kat solo killed my mid laner 3 times in 5 minutes."

However, the lion's share of games have something you can take from it. At low ELOs there are plenty of places to improve on individual skill and snowball it into a carry similar to the Fizz you just described. When I was just starting to move up, I went from Silver 5 to Gold 2 playing almost nothing but Singed and beating people on individual skill I converted into a mapwide advantage over the course of a month or two.

At low ELO's it's harder, but still important to work on the things you need to work on at higher ELOs, which is working on improving your team's coordination. Start pinging. If you already ping things, ping more. Type in chat, I'm warding this for you, when Lee Sin comes, I'll ping it. Warn people before you enter the enemy jungle so they are actually looking at their mini-map. Cover for your team's weaknesses by playing against them yourself. You won't save them every time. People are **** at this game from Master to Bronze. They're greedy and stupid, but they're more likely to listen to someone telling them to back the **** up than they are to reach that conclusion on their own.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
But for the record, a higher ELO player generally considers themselves flawless and it's always his team's fault. Just like a low ELO player!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
wow look at example#1 of why ryker is stuck in gold
u need to just play assassins mid and rek ur opponent then roam and rek those opponents
if bot lane feeds you 1shot the entire enemy lane so u dont care
if top lane feeds you honestly just dont give a ****
and then u 1v5

just get gud with essessins. i mean idk mid laners are generally the worst of both sololanes anyway cuz the lane is so easy

whenever i lose my reflection is "oh i didnt get mid so whatever" or "oh i didnt rek hard enuff cuz i didnt get my **** out" and then i reconsider how i can rek my opponent harder

meanwhile rykers all like "wow this is a teamgame guyz" and gets paired up by a leblanc who loses lane to katarina twice in a row

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
just get gud with essessins. i mean idk mid laners are generally the worst of both sololanes anyway cuz the lane is so easy
I hate playing assassins. They are too linear. It's much more enjoyable to stack armor against them and shut them down repeatedly.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
i find it incredibly hard to even try a game of league knowing someone will get mad at me for my inexperience all the while refusing to teach me how to properly play

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
i find it incredibly hard to even try a game of league knowing someone will get mad at me for my inexperience all the while refusing to teach me how to properly play
If you're asking for advice in game then you're doing it wrong. They're mad at you because they hate the fact that they can lose a game after putting in 30-40 minutes due to one person failing to google the item builds for their champion or watch a video on how to lane. 10 minutes waiting and 20 minutes minimum before you can surrender. The community is generally toxic because of the huge time and resource commitment, you can do a lot in a 30-40 minute time span uninterrupted and with a decent internet so when people start raging they are just regretting the fact that they are playing a game that's designed to be a huge time sink and a teamwork oriented game. Also the fact that this isn't really a social networking oriented game based on the currently existing community but a 'you should be at least 'x' degrees good if you're playing with me' means that games, even normal games are about performing what you know rather than learning what you don't know.

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Take for instance a bot lane example where there is a low health ADC, but he's farming behind a full health minion wave pushed towards his tower (not under but imagine that he has intentionally frozen the lane). Someone new to the game will likely chase him. Get poked once or twice before he burns his flash, possible aggro from outside of tower range, and then try to retreat but get killed by the minion wave. A new player isn't going to be accustomed to the tower's range since they were given blatant indicators in beginner bots and they likely don't understand that the low health ADC was baiting to be chased because he picked up on the player making bad decisions. They also are probably not accustomed to how much minion aggro hurts pre-6, especially if they mostly play jungle or support and the only time they really attract minion aggro is when they are around post-6 and can usually shrug off aggro like it's nothing.

Last edited:

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
On a semi related topic

You can't let that discourage you. At all.

Like any game, people are going to be n00bs at first. Understand that, no matter what, people are going to give you some form of **** one way or another. At some competitive communities, it may not be as bad. However, other communities can be different.

The thing is, people won't rage at you out of random. As long as you show that you can wrong a mistake, you're fine. If you come across a player(s), remember that you can always mute them. Another thing to note is that, not a lot of players are toxic (these days, at least). I remember when I started in Season 3, I've just been getting either ragers or straight up toxic people. The best way to deal with them is either ignore them, or ask them advice (so you can at least show that you're trying). Some ragers are always looking for a fight and always expect you to carry their bronze 5 ass to a game. I've been playing the game for 3 years now. I've definetely noticed the amount of toxic people decreased at a noticable rate.

Remember that you can also just queue up with 4 other friends if you don't feel comfortable with playing against randoms. Remember, as long as you show improvement and do your job (lane job), you shouldn't recieve any hassle.

c'mon, if I can deal with toxic people for that long (and still be sane), then I'm sure you and others can as well :D

Top Bottom