• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I am not a hipster, I thought the commercialization of christmas was bad before it was cool! Anyway we all know that my birthday's the only real important holiday during this period, people only say "holidays" because they feel the need to be pc. DAMN YOU CULTURAL SENSATIVITY!

Seriously though, Merry Christmas all! (not applicable for those who don't celebrate it)

Rajam

Smash Champion
Soo, for all the FE fans around here, I'm thinking of doing some sort of competition with FE9, aka PoR. I've never done such a thing before and hence idk how it'd turn out, but I'm thinking on the next:

"ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST"

General concept: Each chapter, a unit must die​

- Ruleset (version 1.0):
  • Game: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, Hard Mode
  • Each chapter, a unit is chosen by the rest of the players. That unit must die during that chapter.
    • For example, let's say players A, B, C & D are in the competition.
    • Player A is going to play chapter 3. On principle, Ike, Titania, Gatrie and Shinon are the units that can play that chapter.
    • Before player A actually starts to play that chapter, players B, C & D discuss during a set time (48 hours) and pick a unit between those: Titania.
    • Player A is forced to get Titania killed during that chapter. Player A can choose when, during that chapter, Titania will die. The only restriction is that player A can't finish that chapter with Titania alive.
    • When it's player B's turn to play chapter 3, players A, C & D may choose a different character to die (doesn't have to be Titania too)
  • Units whose death would cause a game over on a certain chapter can't be chosen to die in that certain chapter (obviously, Ike can't be chosen, ever).
  • Units can't be chosen to die in their very 1st chapter playing (so, Boyd, Titania, Oscar can't be chosen to die in chapter 1, Rhys can't be chosen in chapter 2, Gatrie & Shinon can't be chosen in chapter 3, etc.)
  • Units that are required to be alive in order to recruit other units, can't be chosen until past those chapters (so, Marcia can't be chosen until past chapter 14 in which she can recruit Makalov; both Lethe and Mordecai can't be chosen until past chapter 15, in which at least one of them needs to be alive in order to recruit Stefan, etc.)

---

.... ok, so who wins anyways?

The player with the lowest kills made by Ike.

---​

So yeah, expanding further on the main concept, one of the "exploits" it has is the temptation to solo with Ike. So, I need(ed) a way to prevent this. I think this "victory condition" accomplish this issue (and gives a "victory condition" as well).

Another "exploits" are restarting chapters and BExp abuse. I'd like to add a penalty to these. Basically, I thought of adding a "+10" to Ike's kill count for each chapter restart, whether it is for playing the map again from the beginning, or for BExp abuse (so, it's technically allowed to BExp abuse, but each time a restart is made to get better lvl ups, a "+10" penalty is made).

---​

ALL these rules are preliminary and ALL are subject to changes based on suggestions. Particularly, the "+10" penalty for restarting chapters is pretty arbitrary and if someone can suggest something not-arbitrary, is more than welcome (maybe even not implementing a penalty at all). Also, I'd like to add some "prizes" for accomplishing hard stuff, for example, a "-100" prize if the Black Knight is killed; etc.

The things I'm not willing to change are the game (FE9, PoR), and the main concept (each chapter, a unit is chosen by the rest of the players to die), unless someone more experienced tells me such idea is impossible to put at work. Absolutely everything else is open to discussion (ruleset, victory conditions, and all sort of small details).

---​

For now, the main thing I want to do is gather interest; if enough players want to join, I can make a separate thread here in DGames (we can discuss changes in that thread as well).

So, anyone interested in joining?

Last edited:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
A few things:
1. Merry Christmas DGames!
2. I'm not familiar with the mechanics of PoR, if a unit dies does that mean it's dead for good? I know that's something they changed in some modes of awakening, so I wasn't sure if that was the case in PoR.
3. Ryker's Owain avatar has the same hair color as my Vaike Avatar, does that mean my Vaike Avatar is Ryker's Owain Avatar's father?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Zo please wear these avas sometime....

I think of you every time I see em.

Also someone please wear this... The artwork is so good, but it doesn't fit me personally.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I've realized something through pledging. Due to my personality, I'm not taken seriously when I'm being serious. People don't know if I'm trolling or not.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm the funny, goofy guy. I make everyone laugh with the stupid things I say without thinking. Yet I don't realize that that is what they think of me as, the funny guy.

When I step up to yell at them about **** we HAVE to do, things don't get done because I'm never serious. Even when I'm serious. It sucks.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'm the funny, goofy guy. I make everyone laugh with the stupid things I say without thinking. Yet I don't realize that that is what they think of me as, the funny guy.

When I step up to yell at them about **** we HAVE to do, things don't get done because I'm never serious. Even when I'm serious. It sucks.

Mayhaps you're still being friendly when speaking up? Take on a lower tone than normal, look them in the eyes without wavering, and eliminate all smiles & laughter while discussing the situation.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I'm running Yosemite OS X atm, not sure if Windows 8 has any native settings that are more intuitive about these things, but I get a broken image file message when I try to boot it up in preview and the file extension name to the savable image that I can view has the file extension format altered existing as a "xxxxx.png~original.png" in comparison to the unviewable file that I get on my computer when I just right click and save which is just a "xxxxx.png" file.

Last edited:

Rajam

Smash Champion
A few things:
1. Merry Christmas DGames!
2. I'm not familiar with the mechanics of PoR, if a unit dies does that mean it's dead for good? I know that's something they changed in some modes of awakening, so I wasn't sure if that was the case in PoR.
3. Ryker's Owain avatar has the same hair color as my Vaike Avatar, does that mean my Vaike Avatar is Ryker's Owain Avatar's father?
2: Yes

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Zo please wear these avas sometime....

I think of you every time I see em.

Also someone please wear this... The artwork is so good, but it doesn't fit me personally.

yoo first and third r mad swag. second one works for me also but a little too creepy horror girl for me ;;

Yo! Hardbody the Show!

Gheb_01|marshy

maybe yu shuld make an effort 2 minimize da amount dat yu do da underlined. if yu pause a second 2 think b4 yu speak yure in greater control of havin ppl react 2 da **** yu say da way yu intend. theres no reason yu shuld b pidgeonholed wen yu hav different aspects of yur personality 2 share

Maven89

Smash Master
Dunno if any of you play WoW, but goddamn I'm starting to hate these Garrisons. They turned the giant social game world into an instanced facebook game where you log on to have NPCs play the game for you. Wtf is this ****

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan

be a kight hearted sarcastic diuche when yiu need things dine.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Dunno if any of you play WoW, but goddamn I'm starting to hate these Garrisons. They turned the giant social game world into an instanced facebook game where you log on to have NPCs play the game for you. Wtf is this ****
My friends play and they love the garrison stuff. It's cool as ****.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
My laptop's A/C cord died between Sunday and now so I was V/LA through that time and couldn't announce it. :'(

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Link it here because I'm on my phone and lazy.

I would say the first thing I'd do is remove the restart penalty. Raz was talking about it being unenforcable (it is), I just think it doesn't fit. When your goal is to use such a small amount of units while keeping Ike as low a level as possible, restarts are gonna happen. If people WANT to restart because they think Ike took too many turns or the levels didn't fall right on the correct characters. then let them. It's a run where your goal is to get the maximum profit out of the minimum input, so let people micromanage and plan with trial and error.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@ Rajam Rajam Me and Raz are in on your challenge. Yes, I am signing him up. No, this will not stop us from doing FE6 @ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~

We'll talk about rules when I have more time.
That's good.

Btw, Joey and I have talked about doing a Pokemon 0 Exp challenge. Likely running R/S/E or FR/LG, not sure which one yet. Might be something for you or @ #HBC | ZoZo #HBC | ZoZo or @ Raziek Raziek

:059:

Rajam

Smash Champion
Link it here because I'm on my phone and lazy.

I would say the first thing I'd do is remove the restart penalty. Raz was talking about it being unenforcable (it is), I just think it doesn't fit. When your goal is to use such a small amount of units while keeping Ike as low a level as possible, restarts are gonna happen. If people WANT to restart because they think Ike took too many turns or the levels didn't fall right on the correct characters. then let them. It's a run where your goal is to get the maximum profit out of the minimum input, so let people micromanage and plan with trial and error.
@ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker :

link

Top Bottom