• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh hey a Silent Hill Speed Run

BY THE WAY

Rockin said he'd stream silent hill 1 + 2 + 4 and Five Nights at Freddys 1 + 2

I can't wait

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Potential v/la running from sunday to thursday. Dunno how long we're supposed to be in the field or if i can have my phone out there

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
c'mon, if I can deal with toxic people for that long (and still be sane), then I'm sure you and others can as well :D
It's funny you mention this since soup should have built up toxic invulnerability due to the amount of time he has spent being exposed to it on epicmafia.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
League is pretty boring. Summoner's Rift map all day every day. Then mid-game people want to basically go full ARAM.
Hmm yeah it can get like that. For me right now just doing normal mode on smash 4 to beat every achievement alone is fun for me.

If I did league, I don't think it would be as fun if I did ranked right now. Even if my goal next season is to aim for Diamond 1.

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Anyone interested in playing an open set-up version of Circus' FE:A and/or and open set-up version of Deadpool's Insomnia (which is pretty much what it was already) and/or and open set-up versoin of Circus' Necromafia?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have been watching tetris actually. Was pretty sweet.

Maven89

Smash Master
someone's going to have to explain the popularity of twitch to me because i don't get the appeal of watching strangers play video games

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
you play a game
you want to see how someone else reacts to the same game

you watch random people play that ONE game you like

ORRR

you watch this person because you are a creeper/stalker
you watch all their streams/playthroughs and find new games because of that person
you love them

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
someone's going to have to explain the popularity of twitch to me because i don't get the appeal of watching strangers play video games
you never, like, watched your brother, or your friend, play video games when it was his turn or wutever? It's fun.

and watching speedruns is a whole different animal. You're not just watching some stranger play video games, you're watching some stranger be amazing at video games

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Coming from someone that watches people Shiny Hunt in Pokemon, Smash4, and League streams, I think that there are a few possibilities:

1) The person isn't actually a stranger. I have a few friends that stream games and I watch them.
2) Reactions. I watch shiny hunters for their hilarious ear-shattering over-reaction as an example.
3) You play the game competitively. Watching videos and streams is a great way to learn, especially if it's someone like (smash4 examples) Fow or ZeRo where they play with people viewing the stream and give advice, or they just teach you how to play certain characters in general.
4) Big events. Worlds for League of Legends.
5) Social gathering. This goes well with #4. People put a stream on a projector and people gather around it and watch.
6) Similar interests in general. Speed running is a pretty big thing on twitch, and there is a huge group of speed runner viewers and streamers.
7) Some of the streams are simply humorous in concept. Salty Teemo is a twitch stream that streams literally the lowest-level ranked games in League of Legends, and it's quite hilarious to watch how they play. Twitch Plays Pokemon is another example of a humorous stream.

Those are just a few examples. Twitch is pretty swag. :D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What joey said. I'd add:

8) You watch someone play the videogame you like because you are too damn lazy to play it yourself.

Joey let's play league yo

WHAT HAPPENED TO DGAMES LEAGUE

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Anyone interested in playing an open set-up version of Circus' FE:A and/or and open set-up version of Deadpool's Insomnia (which is pretty much what it was already) and/or and open set-up versoin of Circus' Necromafia?
If @ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker is in, I'd run our hydra for awakening.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I was just re-reading FeA to try remind myself what happened in it. Then I remembered Dastrn was in it, and it opened up a well of hatred I didn't know I still had in me.

Still, it was a damn good setup. I'd be worried about how balanced it is as an open, but yeah.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Maybe, I'm being very strict on my two game limit so if I open up I will.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
@#HBC | BarDeeZy

In your opinion, what are the best investment options for long term growth?

Assume that savings put in will not be withdrawn and roughly $500-$1000 goes into the savings account on annual basis for the next six years.

Last edited:
Top Bottom