• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Like what?
Ike's eruption is colored blue now, and Donkey Kong's dash attack is the DKC roll attack. Those are only the ones I've noticed so far. I haven't seen every character yet.

I might be willing to grant that they realized on their own "hey, ike is the hero of the blue flame, his fire should be blue", even though they didn't realize it when making Brawl. But DK's dash attack has been the same silly kick move since 64, and now all of a sudden they realized "oh, it should be the roll from DKC" after 15 years of making these games? Nah man, somebody saw PM and thought "that's a good idea, why are we so dumb?"

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Nah I feel like they made new games for DK with DKCR and Sakurai was like "hey let's use that"

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
bruh this new smash is ill. i creamed myself when i unlocked magicant i waz geekin so hard from nostalgia

but yo how da **** yu get the time to program n design all these lil pikmin runnin by olimar but yu cant replicate nana?

nintendo lookn like some fakeass ****** right there

dis still my **** doe

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
bruh this new smash is ill. i creamed myself when i unlocked magicant i waz geekin so hard from nostalgia

but yo how da **** yu get the time to program n design all these lil pikmin runnin by olimar but yu cant replicate nana?

nintendo lookn like some fakeass *****s right there

dis still my **** doe
cuz Nana needs to be a level 3 CPU (or wutever level they chose to use) that has the ability to sync, and desync with PoPo. She has scripting to return to Popo, but she can function on her own. Olimar's Pikmin, and Rosalina's Luma, do not function on their own. They're basically items that they can spawn, and they follow specific scripts, like a mr. saturn or something.

Ashemu

Smash Ace
ness is super fun to play now, ive always loved him but he just feels so much smoother in this game

im garbage at smash tho (8 wins out of 44 matches in for glory!*) so anything i say should be taken with a pinch of salt, etc.

* like half of those were shulk vs some guys mac which was really fun as a matchup actually.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
So far I've dedicated my time to learning to play Little Mac. He was super awkward to get used to, at first. They weren't kidding when they said he sucks in the air. I'm starting to get the hang of him, tho. I can make it to the end of Classic mode on the highest difficulty pretty consistently, but beating the big evil nega boss guy is tough for Mac, cuz you have to jump to fight him, and... he sucks in the air. Making progress tho, I'll figure him out yet.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I'd say I'm still pretty bad too. I don't even beat lvl9 CPUs consistently. I can get to the end of Classic because they give u 2 lives for each fight, and the enemies only have 1.

It's a work in progress. I'm still not completely used to the controls of playing smash on a DS. I have decent control over what I want to do, but remembering that there's shoulder buttons up there that I actually need to keep my fingers on at all times so i can shield properly is still awkward.

Ashemu

Smash Ace
re: controls: finger pain made the game basically unplayable halfway through the second day

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
hey dgames what's going on

s/o @ #HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy for reminding this is a place that exists

also new smash is good, they made jiggly not suck

#HBC | ѕoup

how do you cope with the obvious marth nerfs raz? even lucina is better than him now.

#HBC | ѕoup

from what i've experienced lucina has better mobility than marth even if she doesn't have the tipper which got nerfed anyways

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I still think it's got a lot of points, both good and bad. There's things I don't like about it, but I'm having fun playing it, so that's good enough. It's just... the way it feels is a little off. Like, so many moves feel like it hits like a truck, but don't kill until almost 200%. Almost every move seems like it's designed to knock the enemy really far away from you, making it impossible to follow up. Then there's 1 or 2 moves that don't knock them anywhere, like it was designed specifically for followups. Those are still fun to land.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Robin's design is really cool. He's kind of complicated to keep track of stuff, but the fact that he has limited uses of his spells and weapons and stuff makes him a pretty accurate representation of an actual Fire Emblem character.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I still think it's got a lot of points, both good and bad. There's things I don't like about it, but I'm having fun playing it, so that's good enough. It's just... the way it feels is a little off. Like, so many moves feel like it hits like a truck, but don't kill until almost 200%. Almost every move seems like it's designed to knock the enemy really far away from you, making it impossible to follow up. Then there's 1 or 2 moves that don't knock them anywhere, like it was designed specifically for followups. Those are still fun to land.
this is probably due to the new form of "DI"

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Robin's design is really cool. He's kind of complicated to keep track of stuff, but the fact that he has limited uses of his spells and weapons and stuff makes him a pretty accurate representation of an actual Fire Emblem character.
In fairness to the rest of the Fire Emblem cast, they're all wielding swords that are canonically unbreakable in their games.

I'd say I'm still mixed on the tome breaking thing. The sword switch up seems legitimate for keeping opponents guessing at least, and controlling the kind of knockback you want (speaking only secondhand here; haven't played the game yet). But having to worry, even a bit, about just running out of magic that composes multiple moves is kind of annoying to me. It's a nod to the game, sure, but I'm not sold on it being a positive one. Pokemon run out of moves in their games too, but you don't see Charizard running out of Flamethrower, or Greninja running out of Hydro Pump.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
No, but they made the pokemon trainer's pokemon get ****ty the longer they stay out, which isn't even a thing that happens in the game.

And I'm sure there's a system that governs how often he runs out of his ****, which is just something Robin mains are gonna have to learn. It may not be an "awesome addition", but it's interesting. Hopefully it's not overly cumbersome.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
There is, and it's fine.

The respawn timers are very short on all the tomes except Nosferatu which is 40 seconds and is least important. The others range between 6 and 10 seconds.

It has really only EVER bothered me when I break my Fire tome and then want to jab-combo.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Also hi guys, sorry for the hiatus but I picked up a second job and life's been pretty busy for me. Should be back now but I can't really play mafia between the work I have and the other **** I want to do.

EDIT: this doesn't exclude hosting

:186:

Last edited:
Top Bottom