• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
lmao!

when ran got carried away by those lil ****** i thought that was jus a story for game over n yud restart. i didnt think ****** got kidnapped in dis game dats ****ed up come to think about those ****** was tryna snatch up baby mario in yoshis island

nintendo tellin tales of abduction to children since 1995

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
There is, and it's fine.

The respawn timers are very short on all the tomes except Nosferatu which is 40 seconds and is least important. The others range between 6 and 10 seconds.

It has really only EVER bothered me when I break my Fire tome and then want to jab-combo.
I guess I also just had it in my head before Robin was announced that, if she were in the game, I would just want her to be an interesting technical character. The Robin support thread actually had a few interesting ideas floating through it about a character based around traps and punishes and stuff—almost a spiritual successor to Snake. I found that idea interesting. Instead, Robin actually looks really straight forward (which is not bad), but just has this sort of extra caveat passing for "tactical." From the outside looking in, that doesn't really strike me as strategic. At it's best, it's totally unnecessary and you don't even notice it (in which case, what's the point?) and at it's worst, it just seems kind of annoying. Like, I get what they were trying to do, but there's a reason Link never runs out of arrows in this game, you know? To me, the only justification for the breaking mechanic being implemented would be if the spells are so OP that it just wouldn't be fair to let you use them all the time.

The Fire tome is the one that looks it would take the hardest beating. Robin's sideB looks too great for zoning not to use, and being part of her jab only makes it easier. The idea of running out of Wind is also a concern since that seems to pretty much be Robin's entire recovery, though I'm sure that's hardly an actual problem in practice given how rarely it's used.

Altogether, I'm sure it's reasonable to work around; I just wish I didn't have to work around it at all. I may change my tune once I actually play the game, but from the time it was announced, the breaking mechanic didn't exactly excite me.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer

me n some homies waz havin a real ***** conversation last night n started talkin about **** wed to listen when toastin i used to listen to this ***** he still droppin hot ****. he does a lotta disney movie mixes its also jus good chill music when yu swaggin by yaself

EDIT i really admire the effort that has to be put into somethin like dis

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Pogo's had some legit stuff in the past too. I had an album of his but it got hella corrupted or something and now like 2 of the songs work. It sucks

:186:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
The Fire tome is the one that looks it would take the hardest beating. Robin's sideB looks too great for zoning not to use, and being part of her jab only makes it easier. The idea of running out of Wind is also a concern since that seems to pretty much be Robin's entire recovery, though I'm sure that's hardly an actual problem in practice given how rarely it's used.

Altogether, I'm sure it's reasonable to work around; I just wish I didn't have to work around it at all. I may change my tune once I actually play the game, but from the time it was announced, the breaking mechanic didn't exactly excite me.
These do occasionally come up, but so rarely that it does not make a significant difference.

Side-B/Fire Jab is the one that happens most often, but you can still wind-jab, or just do something else after the 2 jabs.

Elwind has happened to me like..... Twice in 400 games. Once in Doubles in a 1v2. Once in Doubles where I made a stock last for 4 minutes and didn't notice it break.

Other times where I've gotten CLOSE to it breaking, I have intentionally broken it in a safe position, because the respawn time is only 6 seconds for Elwind.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I could see how not having to worry about the tipper might make her seem more fluid. The precision required for Marth is gone, so just being able to go in and slap someone with the sword might feel liberating.

I, for one, welcome our new Noob Marth overlord.

edit: holy **** did I just miss the opportunity to say "overLord?" I have shamed my family.

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer

sampled 50 dgamers. got em thru profiles n asking. this is MOST of the populace im missing a few here n there (would guess no more than...8) but its more than enough to get accurate numbers. the average dgamer is 22 years old. 34 are 21+. 48 are 18+

68% of dgamers are 21+. 28% are between 18 n 20. 4% are below 18

i WAS going to use this as part of an argument thatd push us to a private room cuz being held by rules designed for 13 year olds with this age pool is ******** but i think itd hurt the room more than help it from an activity standpoint. posting it anyway cuz its interesting n good ammo if it ever comes to it

dhorse and jexs are the babies of the room. ashemus younger than i thought hed be. karebears older than i thought hed be. os and joker are grandpas. i joined this site at 13 n remember being the youngest ***** in this ***** by far but now im in the middle. mortality is real

we some oldass ****** yall

raziek = 23
bardull = 24
beat = 20
potato = 19
orbo = 21
os = 28
ryker = 23
rake = 22
joey = 19
vinyl = 20
werekill = 20
acrostic = 25
nicholas = 20
ashemu = 18
asianaussie = 21
gorf = 20
hando = 24
fanny = 22
laundry = 22
bwolf = 19
swiss = 25
vult = 22
sokr = 19
jerkus = 24
chaco = 21
nabe = 24
joker = 28
jdietz = 21
zen = 22
ranmaru = 24
mac = 23
ruy = 24
karebear = 24
jexs = 16
jtb = 26
soup = 20
rockin = 27
dhorse = 16
maven = 25
kataefi = 25
vander = 23
frozen = 24
zozo = 20
bsl = 20
ee = 26
bunzy = 21
dancer = 23
scary = 25
gheb = 25
sold2 = 20
omni = 27

BarDulL

Town Vampire
jexs is technically 15 by american standards because in eastern asian cultures they skip a year and are immediately considered 1 years old at birth

jk idk if that counts for singapore but it probably does

so yeah jexs is the big baby of the bunch. ur safe dhorse lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom