• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Chaco

Never Logs In
OKAY GUYS with Hentai Mafia 3 getting the boot, I have it locked in the arsenal of games for da future. As of right now, I have a set-up in it's place I'd like to run. IT begins a series of 10 games, based on the Percy Jackson books, and follows through to the Heroes of Olympus. I love those books, and they make for FANTASTIC flavor.

I'm thinking of running it in it's place, anyone interested in me doing so? I know those books like the back of my hand, so expect deadly accurate flavor, and roles to be in alignment with the characters as they have progressed in the books. This is something I've been really excited about, and ALSO something that was an idea for another AGame. It was between EBS or a game based on Demigods and a camp made for them not being Camp Half-Blood or Camp Jupiter. However, players would be doing quests, attending training, playign war games, capture the flag, deathball, etc. Creating relations. I would have the players godly parent, Major or Minor claim them as the game progresses, or some near immediately. Most would have to work through training to find their affinity's and claim their Godly parents attention to receive the claim from them. And so on and so forth, a lot of quests based on Greek Mythology and some Roman at the latter, but I've always thought the idea was cool

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
i ask that hentai mafia 3 be unlocked for my birthday, make it happen mods

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
ive got somethin better planned soup

n chac id prolly play depending on size

but yu shuld chill on putting it in signups now. 2 ongoing wit 1 in signups is pretty much what we had wit the queue n the playerbase hasnt changed. puttin it up now wuld lead to slow signups which is allowed but defeats the purpose of new system imo

Chaco

Never Logs In
Nah I don't plan to put it up now at all. I'm gonna let some games finish first. Bingo, and let Marvel get either near endgamr or completed before. Both are larger games taking up a good bit of player base.

So nah, I don't plan on running it for a few weeks or so, if not the beginning of October

Chaco

Never Logs In
And I think we should outreach wit newbie games like we have in the past, put one in LoD, Premie room, things like that to drag new players into DGames. Especially if the plans proceed as they should, hopefully. I'd like for us to get a flux of new players in and get some new lasting DGamers into the mix. We have a poor rate of return right now from what it seems, our player base id down to around 20 active players, and about another 10 who play here and there. I'd like to see some new people come in.

Perhaps an idea for a good game could be experienced players hydra-ing with newbies, or just do like always and have two vets in the game as well helping out. Who knows. I'd thought of running a newbie game in the LoD to dry and drag some new players on into DGames.

I wish we could scatter out some newbie games across the most populated areas of the site, because I have a creeping suspicion that alot of people who would enjoy playing mafia are around, but don't even know DGames exists. Lol. Or what we do here even

Chaco

Never Logs In
Private rooms are the only places where it could happen, as it does and did naturally before. Premie room has had games, so has LoD waaaaaay in the past before it died out completely (pretty much), and BRoom runs games as I hear not sure on the frequency, but yeah, private rooms are about the only place it could be done effectively. Advertising otherwise could work.

LoD is the most profitable place for pulling new DGamers imo, hardly any older mods post in there and most olders mods at some point or another participated in a mafia game. Heck, Virgilijus even ran an AGames in LoD for a while, and it was flippin' sweet. It got abandoned though unfortunately. A lot of new mods are the only active ones in there though, and there's only one thread that gets posted in pretty much, who knows though. It's something to think about.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So I was eating clean and then I had like 3 slices of pizza and two pbnj sandwiches

fml man

Last edited:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
So I just got around to playing Transistor recently. Was my "something to play 'til Destiny drops" game. Aside from some gripes with some story elements and very minor/infrequent mechanical issues, I have only glowing things to say about it.

It got me thinking about a Transistor-flavored mafia game, which I think could be neat, but won't really be that neat if no one comes in with any previous knowledge, so this is me gauging interest/familiarity. Also, I guess, recommending it to anyone who hasn't played it.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I'm up to speed. It'd be a shame if the site lost out on advertising money because of potentially questionable user contributed material.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
OKAY GUYS with Hentai Mafia 3 getting the boot, I have it locked in the arsenal of games for da future. As of right now, I have a set-up in it's place I'd like to run. IT begins a series of 10 games, based on the Percy Jackson books, and follows through to the Heroes of Olympus. I love those books, and they make for FANTASTIC flavor.

I'm thinking of running it in it's place, anyone interested in me doing so? I know those books like the back of my hand, so expect deadly accurate flavor, and roles to be in alignment with the characters as they have progressed in the books. This is something I've been really excited about, and ALSO something that was an idea for another AGame. It was between EBS or a game based on Demigods and a camp made for them not being Camp Half-Blood or Camp Jupiter. However, players would be doing quests, attending training, playign war games, capture the flag, deathball, etc. Creating relations. I would have the players godly parent, Major or Minor claim them as the game progresses, or some near immediately. Most would have to work through training to find their affinity's and claim their Godly parents attention to receive the claim from them. And so on and so forth, a lot of quests based on Greek Mythology and some Roman at the latter, but I've always thought the idea was cool
Haha man I was going to run a Demigods game too. Lit. Demigods Mafia.

Interested in seeing your set up. Should totally send it to me. Also digging your Xonavatar to a great degree.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Hentai Mafia: Acrostic in the Big City is now cancelled because I'm being a little girl about it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Haha man I was going to run a Demigods game too. Lit. Demigods Mafia.

Interested in seeing your set up. Should totally send it to me. Also digging your Xonavatar to a great degree.
Shall do.

Too many possibilities in powers for roles, it took me a bit to choose wisely. I got overzealous at first.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
this is the story of my life dude. someone out there just wants us to gain weight. i try super hard to stick to a diet/work out routine and then i just get bodied. QQ
If you gain a lot of weight after eating a little pizza or something or the sort, is from water retention.

You're not technically gaining weight, you're just holding more water in. Same happens after you drink alcohol. Your body gets dehydrated so it does into a mode where it tries to save water.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
wat do ****** think about flip flops?

im jus kidding. i dont actually want to hear any1s opinion about them. this is a public service announcement

if yu own a pair of flip flops PLEASE throw them out NOW. yu kno who flip flops are for? ******* wit pretty feet. yu kno who hav uglyass feet? ******. so why da **** wuld yu wear them? cuz theyre comfortable? hey bro yu kno wats more comfortable wearin dem adidas/nike type slide shoes WITH socks preferably black. same effect while still retaining swag n id argue that its even more comfortable due to socks softness. its best to wear some flyass shoes wit a hot design preferably complementing yur clothes

"no flip flops on black dudes. wear some hotass jordans on the beach" kanye west 2013

source http://www.complex.com/style/2013/09/kanye-west-zane-lowe-fashion-style-interview/shoes

im not judging any1 n i hope i didnt offend wit this post but this needed to b said. please throw out any flip flops yu hav or donate em to a thrift store or goodwill n get some swag into ya life

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
i have a pair of flip flops that i wear around the house sometimes. I also put them on when I go outside to bring my dog in when he's barking at the neighbors, so I don't step in dog ****. I'd honestly be embarrassed to wear them out and about, they're ugly as ****.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
go barefoot feel the earth against your toes like god intended they don't call it a sole for nothin we are losing ourselves as a species damn smartphones

#simplelife

BarDulL

Town Vampire
i stepped on this dude's jordan shoe once while in the hallway trying to get to class. dude looked at me with all the rage and anger of satan incarnate and said "YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THESE COST?!" then this happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPu47lXZzR8#t=1m15s

(ok not really but i was like 'dude why would you wear them to school man, it's gonna happen eventually in these crowded azz halls' or something like that.)

i'm not trying to hate, but shoes were originally meant to protect your feet. i get that they've essentially transcended this initial aspect into more of a fashion-esque thing, but it still just boggles my mind how much people are willing to pay for shoes. like, a good $40-$60 pair of chucks or slip on vans is good enough for me, and they'll last forever. jordans however have essentially become some kind of collectors item and need to be preserved, which just seems so counter intuitive to me to ever buy them because i'll only ever want to wear them on special occasions for fear of diminishing their value. at most i'd just end up reselling them.

Last edited:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I hate dislike flipflops

but i like that joey likes them

edit: flip flops are fine i mean they never did anything to me or my family

Last edited:

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
I personally like socks and sandals. All the comfort and freedom of sandals with all the warmth and fuzziness of socks.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
wat do *****s think about flip flops?

im jus kidding. i dont actually want to hear any1s opinion about them. this is a public service announcement

if yu own a pair of flip flops PLEASE throw them out NOW. yu kno who flip flops are for? *****es wit pretty feet. yu kno who hav uglyass feet? *****s. so why da **** wuld yu wear them? cuz theyre comfortable? hey bro yu kno wats more comfortable wearin dem adidas/nike type slide shoes WITH socks preferably black. same effect while still retaining swag n id argue that its even more comfortable due to socks softness. its best to wear some flyass shoes wit a hot design preferably complementing yur clothes

"no flip flops on black dudes. wear some hotass jordans on the beach" kanye west 2013

source http://www.complex.com/style/2013/09/kanye-west-zane-lowe-fashion-style-interview/shoes

im not judging any1 n i hope i didnt offend wit this post but this needed to b said. please throw out any flip flops yu hav or donate em to a thrift store or goodwill n get some swag into ya life
Someone who names their child North West has discredited himself for having any common sense of public opinion. I love flip flops when I want to go somewhere quick as a complete shmuck (hair a mess, no shower, straight off the bed). I would not wear it to anywhere public where I would desire any favorable public attention. Except I can understand them being worn in a beach-hub town although on the East Coast the locals tend to be retirees and not your surfer joe's or sue's.

Last edited:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
wat do *****s think about flip flops?

if yu own a pair of flip flops PLEASE throw them out NOW. yu kno who flip flops are for? *****es wit pretty feet. yu kno who hav uglyass feet? *****s. so why da **** wuld yu wear them? cuz theyre comfortable? hey bro yu kno wats more comfortable wearin dem adidas/nike type slide shoes WITH socks preferably black. same effect while still retaining swag n id argue that its even more comfortable due to socks softness. its best to wear some flyass shoes wit a hot design preferably complementing yur clothes

Hey now, just cause you don't wanna look at my feet doesn't mean dat cute guy or girl over there doesn't. Don't hate.

Top Bottom