• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Ashemu

Smash Ace
joey in some other thread said:
Also, just so you know, saying that transsexuals make a decision to transition is not prejudice in the slightest wtf get educated. Transsexuals 100% make the choice to transition just like homosexuals make the choice to come out of the closet. We choose to act the way that we do to make ourselves happy. His opinion on transsexuality is not prejudice, as he's not judging anyone. He just personally doesn't like the fact that people change that about themselves. That doesn't mean he has anything against all transsexuals. wtf power hungry moderators lol.
this is framed as not trolling* so wtf. is it not homophobia if somebody "just personally doesn't like the fact that people come out of the closet"? i am very confused by this post by joey.

ps hitler just personally didnt like the fact that people were jewish but that didnt make him ok
pps * saying stupid **** u know is offensive isnt even good trolling but tahts an argument for another time

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
this is framed as not trolling* so wtf. is it not homophobia if somebody "just personally doesn't like the fact that people come out of the closet"? i am very confused by this post by joey.

ps hitler just personally didnt like the fact that people were jewish but that didnt make him ok
pps * saying stupid **** u know is offensive isnt even good trolling but tahts an argument for another time
What Gorf was saying was actually pretty prejudice. I misread what he was saying lmao.

I thought he was saying that he didn't agree with the decisions people make to transition from one sex to another, which isn't really prejudice. It's an opinion. I missed where he called it disgusting amongst other things. :x

Also, if someone personally doesn't like homosexuality, that's their opinion and their choice, and that's one thing. When that opinion affects other peoples rights or anything along those lines is when it gets bad. You can't change people's opinions on things like that. That's why there are still people that are racist in the work place and things like that. :/

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Prejudice is a type of opinion. Just because it is an opinion doesn't mean that it is not bad, or that is beyond reproach. Even if it doesn't effect anyone in a legal way, it can still be harmful if culturally sanctioned, because it effects how comfortable we are with certain types of people, which in turn effects how comfortable we are with treating those people differently (that is, worse).

(oh no circus is here i'll distract him everybody scatter!)

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm more so of the believe that if you dislike homosexuality, that's one thing, but holding that against homosexuals as people is prejudice. Disliking homosexuality alone isn't really prejudice because you're not holding it against anyone or anything. You just dislike it. This mostly refers to people that dislike homosexuality from the bible, but don't care one way or another with same-sex marriage because it doesn't affect them personally. They feel that god says it's not right, but they know it's not in their power to do anything with other people's lives that aren't connected to their religion, so they don't get involved. If you're arguing that homosexuals do x or y, that homosexuals are lesser people, or anything negative regarding homosexuals just because of homosexuality itself, then that's when it starts to become prejudice. Of course it's still an opinion, and it's not a good one, but there's a pretty big difference between disliking something and acting on it imo.

Ashemu

Smash Ace
(oh no circus is here i'll distract him everybody scatter!)
see good trolling is bringing up a social issue w/o being inflammatory but also guaranteeing teh entire thread will be an argument in a few posts

it's tame now but just w8

Ashemu

Smash Ace
also from my experience people who think homosexuality is a sin are still offensive about it, subtle / passive-aggressively if not overt. liek 2 of my best friends live in texas so......

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Hey if people want to be homophobic or whatever else in the comfort of their own homes I'm not gonna stop 'em. They're not hurting anybody.

If people are acting on prejudice and being discriminatory towards others, that's a different story.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
terraria
civ 5
brothers
shovel knight
FF 3, 7, 8
nidhogg
battle block theatre

Last edited:

Ashemu

Smash Ace
get guacamelee if that goes on sale cuz it sreallygood. i dont keep up w/ steam sails tho

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
By the way: BIG ANNOUNCEMENT:

I'm getting Animal Crossing: New Leaf today. So if anyone still plays that let me know, we should get together and do whatever peepz do on that game.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834312829

full specs are under the specs tab just under the page. this is what i bought.
that laptop is totally fine to run at least league. maybe tone down the gpu output (aim for performance/turn down graphics etc.). try running programs like malwarebytes that can clean up your system in case there are hidden processes that are ****ting on your ram. if it's still bad then you probably need to wipe your system entirely. but i mean that is a great laptop with a decent processor with 6 gigs of ram, should be totally fine.

also make sure your laptop temperatures aren't getting too high as that can also reduce performance.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
that laptop is totally fine to run at least league. maybe tone down the gpu output (aim for performance/turn down graphics etc.). try running programs like malwarebytes that can clean up your system in case there are hidden processes that are ****ting on your ram. if it's still bad then you probably need to wipe your system entirely. but i mean that is a great laptop with a decent processor with 6 gigs of ram, should be totally fine.

also make sure your laptop temperatures aren't getting too high as that can also reduce performance.
how do i do like any of this

malwarebytes has been installed and ran a few times, didn't fix ****, but yeh, that's what i was thinking. it's as good as or better than my old one and my old one ran so well compared to this one.

Ashemu

Smash Ace
just saying that 4 the longest time i thought user washedlaundry's avatar was an objecthead of a spray bottle.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
how do i do like any of this

malwarebytes has been installed and ran a few times, didn't fix ****, but yeh, that's what i was thinking. it's as good as or better than my old one and my old one ran so well compared to this one.
just turn down the in-game settings for league and other games. some of the best laptops out there have a really hard time running games on ultra/very high settings since they're really not meant for gaming. if that doesn't work then i have no gog damn clue what the hell is going on with your laptop.

i will say though that your gpu is booty and i would replace it but it should still be able to easily run league on low, maybe medium graphics settings. there really isn't a whole lot you can do about the gpu though since laptops don't typically undergo gpu replacement or even have amazing monetarily accessible GPUs available for that matter.

Last edited:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
just turn down the in-game settings for league and other games. some of the best laptops out there have a really hard time running games on ultra/very high settings since they're really not meant for gaming. if that doesn't work then i have no gog damn clue what the hell is going on with your laptop.

i will say though that your gpu is booty and i would replace it but it should still be able to easily run league on low, maybe medium graphics settings. there really isn't a whole lot you can do about the gpu though since laptops don't typically undergo gpu replacement.
Done this part. It goes 45 FPS at best unless I'm standing still in base before minions spawn. Takes forever to load in, etc., on Very Low settings, not even medium. I don't give a **** if it runs at very high or low, so long as I get good performance out of it. I can't even run a ****ing emulator, which is why I'm asking now if I can salvage this computer.

:186:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
seriously ups

you never ring nor leave a yellow sticker

BUT YOU SAY YOU MADE A FIRST ATTEMPT

fsa;lkdfajdflkasfj :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Heeeey FF, that's not fair.

Also Dangan Ronpa 2 comes out in September. Paid off and waiting for it. Game is too freaking good.

@ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry : I did not know you knew about that game. We should talk about it sometime.
bro I wasnt talkin bout Dangan Ronpa. You obviously flaunted that **** way before I ever mentioned it haha

I was talking about The Ship. Its an old steam game. And until that post I was quoting I'd literally never heard anyone else talk about it lol

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
bro I wasnt talkin bout Dangan Ronpa. You obviously flaunted that **** way before I ever mentioned it haha

I was talking about The Ship. Its an old steam game. And until that post I was quoting I'd literally never heard anyone else talk about it lol
I've seen the Achievement Hunter dudes play it. Looks like good fun.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You forget very quickly about how you were moderating a game that contained the entire social thread.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Well I was going to link a reply but not necessary

But I will say this:

There is a difference between Pedophilia and Androphilia.

Both are illegal. One is unnatural.

+12 years definitely andro.

Still illegal (most countries)

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Rofl

Someone else brought it up- see, you do too now!

But think about it, India has had betrothals at 14/12 since ???? BC(E), are they unnatural for it or did society simply require less overall inherent responsibility from a couple than it does now?
sdflkjseglkeglkbsm ,sbmbs,m sb,m esblkmsegrlkmsegr,m esgrlknesgrm, srgrkmlserg,m ergklnaegr,m aerklmnaek nearg ,maer klnaegrlk naegrlnkaegrlk aegrklnaegrlknaklm;aegrlm;agrm, aegrklmnaegrjnaegrn;jawfe .aergkn;agrarg;argk;aegrk;aegr;

Top Bottom