• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
yo zen tell me bout how hard my character be swaggin

how like he got tha hottest ***** on his **** wen he dont even hav a ****

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
It's certainly interesting to watch people try to talk about it since Game of Thrones is such a largely visual experience that people can only say, 'It's good' without going into any of the story elements of how it's a superior show.
A lot of the stuff in the show I didn't pick up on until reading the books. Like all the characters, and places, and wtf this character was doing this thing for. But even though a lot of the deeper plot points are missed by watching the show only, it's still very good. As you said, it's visually stunning, providing a sense immersion that allows one to feel deeply for a lot of the characters. One thing the show does really well- better than the books- is balancing out the perspectives of all the dozens of characters. So you're always getting this sense of things happening simultaneously throughout the world.

The books provide a lot more exposition needed to understand what's really going on. And you're able to get a greater look inside the head of the characters who's perspectives are shown. Plus a lot more detail about the actual realm and houses that govern it. But it's also like a giant teaser. Rising action, rising action, rising action, climax?? Nope, rising action, rising action. And so on. Where as the show is more like rising action, climax! more climax, ooo ooo how do you like that baby!

The only thing I wish the show did was provide more exposition regarding the religions of the realm, which become pretty prominent later on. Interesting side note, I've always realized that the Lord of Light is parallel to Protestantism, but never realized until earlier that the 7 aka "the new gods" is parallel to Catholicism. The parallels of the GoT realm to Europe are pretty fascinating. I've seen some interesting theories that include all of Europe, but the one that draws most attention to me is how Westeros is like an inverted U.K.

But yeah anyways even though I prefer the book, like with all things, this is one of the few book-based shows/movies that I feel is excellent in its own right. Even when they make changes, they are good changes and not god-y-dafuq-did-they-do-that changes.
so uh can we get short descriptions so we know what these mean n how they relate to *****s?

i love how i always get the finest ***** from these and underhandedly get shipped with someone lol
It would have taken another day or two to do all of em, but I'll do any asked for and add the rest in later.

Grey Worm

An elite, disciplined soldier who is undoubtedly loyal to his comrades. Chosen among his comrades to lead them and hard as **** (well in most areas hehe). And even though he was given a silly name, he rocks it like a boss.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I seriously need to watch this show. Oh well, soon hopefully.

Edit: Oh yay, 6,000th post.

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Make sure it's barnes and noble so you can take your time reading while drinking some coffee to keep your warm.

I swear, most of the bookstores I go to are cold.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
YO ******!

i looked back and its been almost a year since we last posted all our 3x3s. can we do that again? lets do it cuz im always lookin for dope **** and im sure ****s changed since then

and my new list

[collapse=why i love em]ive learned so much about music in the last year. word to my ****** who made the cut a second year in a row

gza liquid swords has some of the best storytelling ive heard in music. i can visualize everything gza is saying and the beats complement his gritty tales

a tribe called quest midnight marauders has some of my favorite beats ever. **** is catchy from beginning to end and just puts me in a good mood

kendrick lamar good kid maad city is similar to liquid swords in that the story told throughout the album is heavy with imagery from poor experiences growing up. the album has a spiritual undertone to it that i **** wit

notorious big life after death is similar to something id like to do music wise sometime. each track is different from each other **** cohesion cuz this approach showcases biggies versatility. i also give him props for getting diddy to actually rap well

2pac all eyez on me is swaggin on real 3 dimensional level as well. hes rappin bout thugged out **** real **** and i love how he ends with a track about finding true happiness right after doin tracks where he predicted his own death ****s swag

jay z reasonable doubt is just ill from beginning to end. i can tell listenin to this **** that he was putting his all into this album like if ****** only hear 1 **** from me its gonna be the illest ****. jay z has since lost his soul but the raw talent shown here makes me realize he is a beast when he wants to be. sjust he doesnt have to anymore with the current musical climate

nas illmatic i never get tired of listenin to. every track has meaning and the flow delivery and lyrics are all perfect and mesh well over the different beats that nas slides through

dmx flesh of my flesh blood of my blood is just hardass **** make me wanna murk a ***** but also has realass **** delving into the psychoanalytical aspects of a ***** with inner demons. i mostly like it cuz the ***** dont give a **** tho

lil b 05 **** em is 101 songs and thus a based masterpiece. lil b raps about bein thirsty for ass to to twerkin ******* to strippin hos to bein a god of rap to beggin for walrus to freein all ****** in the pen to lovin life cuz of the people who have made it great for him to feeling disconnected from most of the people in the world due to bein a different spirit to building schools to stealing riches from a cocky jewel dealer as an act of rebellion to ellen degeneres (again) to apologizing to his mother for fakeass he did growin up to becomin a doctor to bloggin to whoopin a ******* ass to what it means to push through with somethin you wanna do to growin up and the **** hed do in school and what he remembers about it to doin what you wanna do cuz were all gonna die to rappin with his cat to how he gonna rule the rap game. i love this ***** cuz he raps about literally everything[/collapse]

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Damn Zen, I've always wanted to read the book but that last post is making me feel like reading em is some mandatory must do it right ****in now ****

Also looked at the list again, KevinM, eor, evil eye and rockin are perfect

@ #HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy , sad to see the cool dropped off but ill list. Imma listen to all those albums this month

Last edited:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Oh wow I just made mine manually last time. That's super easy

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
****ing weeb.

(Jk Daisuke Ishiwatari is ****ing great at making music)

Top Bottom