• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I haven't seen much, but the fact that Soul Eater's opening was brought up pleases me greatly, because I was going to mention it otherwise.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
added links to post
Great OPs:
Soul Eater
Soul eater's opening is just so impressive. The animation is MIND BLOWING with all the perspective changes and general excellence in animation. The song paces it all very well.
Fate Zero
Holy **** how to do a shounen opening 101. This opening used to and still does always give me goosebumps. The only complaints I'd have is lack of cool animation and the burst of activity is somewhere around the middle (which does allow for buildup).
zetsuen no tempest
Zetsuen no tempest did the smart thing and used anime scenes for its opening, giving it great animation. A bit of a generic yet cool song. All around pretty good.
serial experiments lain
SEL did great with its song. Imagery is very well done and fits the theme of the show as well as some perspective magic (which was really hard to pull off especially the day and age this was made)
tokyo ravens
TR's opening is a perfect mix of mystery and cool. That's basically all there is to it.
samurai champloo
Cool song that actually made my playlist, with excellent animation (that I'm pretty sure gets used in the show too but whatever)

Great songs:
Cowboy Bebop movie (ask DNA)
natsume yuujinchou (ano hi time machine)
chihayafuru (youthful)
mushishi 1 and 2 (sore feet song & shiver) (full)
psycho pass (abnormalize)
hellsing (logos naki world)
JoJos part 2 (bloody stream)

tasogare otome x amnesia
Shoutout for using a full metal song in an anime OP about a girl

as for EDs, I don't check EDs often but one that comes to mind is Space Dandy's ED

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Jojo power list:
1. Jolyne
2. Josuke
3. Johnny
4. Joseph
5. Jonathan
6. Old Joseph
7. Giorno
8. Jotaro

havent read jojolion yet

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Didn't realize there was so love for soul eater in here

Personally, I think the 3rd opening song is the best. Animation might not be as great as the 1st, but idk man, that song is just ****in dope

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Didn't realize there was so love for soul eater in here

Personally, I think the 3rd opening song is the best. Animation might not be as great as the 1st, but idk man, that song is just ****in dope
My personal favorites are the 2nd opening, and the 3rd/4th endings.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
yooo magica madoka is so frickin crazy omfg I obsessed over it like elfin lied

****ing omg

so cute but then... ****.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I liked soul eater

I see fate zero there but never saw it

I really really liked fate stay/night so I wonder how it ties in to that

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
does anyone else's life revolve around Game Of Thrones every sunday night? I'm not truly living unless GOT is playing on a screen in front of me

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
does anyone else's life revolve around Game Of Thrones every sunday night? I'm not truly living unless GOT is playing on a screen in front of me
Yeah, last week was the worst for this exact reason.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
They're both fine acro dont be such a bully =| Its not like either of the animes compares to the visual novels anyway so we're like splitting hairs here bro
Was FSN ever as good as Umineko on terms of being a visual novel. Because I just feel that Umineko lost a lot more in the anime adaptation than FSN did in terms of quality.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Was FSN ever as good as Umineko on terms of being a visual novel. Because I just feel that Umineko lost a lot more in the anime adaptation than FSN did in terms of quality.
Honestly couldn't tell ya because I'd never even heard of Umineko until you just mentioned it here.

I looked it up though and looks like a pretty dope concept. Adding to my **** to check out list for sure

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
For anyone interested in running the Final Fantasy V Four Job Fiesta, pre-registration has opened, and it begins in 2 weeks. Check it out here http://fourjobfiesta.com/ I'm running it again, like I did last year. Decided to go for a Normal Team750 run this year, which is likely to be pretty easy, but may turn out to be a nightmare. At least I won't roll Berserker like I did last year. If you wanna run Berserker Risk, signing up and getting whatever donations you want to do is better done early rather than later, cuz you can't do Berserker Risk after the fiesta begins, and only donations during pre-reg count towards giving people more berserkers.

If ya don't know what this "Four Job Fiesta" business is, you can read about it on their website, but the jist of it is this. You play a challenge run of Final Fantasy V, and completing it helps raise money for the Child's Play charity. At each point in the game where you save one of the crystals, you will only be allowed to use one of your new jobs, selected at random. You must use at least one of each of your jobs (you'll end up with four, one for each character), and there are different variations with different rules. Head on over to the website if you wanna join the fun, or make your own donation to the cause.

If you wanna join the fun, and aren't super familiar with FF5, lemme know if you get stuck and I'll try to help ya out. I'm pretty familiar with the game after last year's run, but if I can't solve your problem I have people I can ask who definitely will know what to do. Any team can beat the game with the right know how, although you might not be able to complete the optional superbosses. Omega and Shinryu are ********, but I beat them both last year.

Last edited:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Didn't you play Natural? That makes things a lot more difficult, imo, since you can't give everyone the abilities that make whatever scenario you're stuck in a little easier. You also can't make a class that sucks at combat, more competent.

Last year, I learned why the Bard is one of the best classes in the game, and that even tho Dancers are pretty swag, I still don't like them.

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Dancer was legitimately the only bad class I drew. I got like, White Mage, Red Mage, some physical class I don't remember, and Dancer, if I remember correctly.

I'm totally doing natural again though.

Last edited:

Ashemu

Smash Ace
umineko the vn rules i haevnt watched the anime adpation though and absed on what ive heard about it probabl ynevetr will

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I had BlackMage, Berserker, Bard, and Dancer. I was super happy when I rolled BlackMage, and very unhappy with all my other job rolls. Bard is the only one I've changed my mind about. It's easily one of the best jobs in the game, and it's why I was able to beat all 3 bosses.

I found my victory images from last year

X-Death victory

Omega defeat

Shinryu beat

Last edited:
Top Bottom