• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
But no really, if you're going to swag with a black homie then swag with the elite.

"By contrast, certain of my St. Nicholas Avenue neighbors considered me of questionable character. This, ostensibly, was because Fanny, my wife, came and went with the regularity of one who held a conventional job while I was often at home and could be seen at odd hours walking our Scottish terriers. But basically it was because I fitted none of the roles, legal or illegal, with which my neighbors were familiar. I was neither a thug, numbers-runner, not pusher, postal worker, doctor, dentist, lawyer, tailor, undertaker, barber, bartender nor preacher. And, while my speech revealed a degree of higher education, it was also clear that I was not of the group of professionals who lived or worked in the neighborhood. My indefinite status was therefore a subject of speculation and a source of unease, especially among those who attitudes and modes of conduct were at odds with the dictates of law and order. This made for a nodding relationship in which my neighbors kept their distance and I kept mine. But I remained suspect, and one snowy afternoon as I walked down a shady street into the winter sunshine a wino lady let me know exactly how I rated on her checklist of sundry types and characters.

Leaning blearily against the facade of a corner bar as I approached, and directing her remarks at me through her woozy companions, she said, ''Now that ****** there must be some kinda sweetback,' cause while his wife has her some kinda little 'slave,' all I ever see him do is walk them damn dogs and shoot some damn pictures!''

Frankly, I was startled by such a low rating, for by 'sweetback' she meant a man who lived off the earnings of a woman, a type usually identified by his leisure, his flashy clothes, flamboyant personal style and the ruthless business enterprise of an out-and-out pimp - all qualities of which I was so conspicuously lacking that she had to laugh at her own provocative sally. However the ploy was intended to elicit a response, whether angry of conciliatory she was too drunk or reckless to care as long as it threw some light into the shadows of my existence. Therefore I was less annoyed than amused, and since I was returning home with fifty legally earned dollars from a photographic assignment I could well afford to smile while remaining silently concealed in my mystery.

Even so, the wino lady had come fairly close to one of the economic arrangements which made my writing a possibility, and that too is part of the story behind this novel. My wife did indeed provide the more dependable contributions to our income while mine came catch-as-catch-can. During the time the novel was in progress she worked as a secretary for several organizations and was to crown her working career as the executive director of the American Medical Center for Burma, a group that supported the work of Dr. Gordon S. Seagrave, the famous 'Burma Surgeon.' As for myself, I reviewed a few books, sold a few articles and short stories, did free-lance photography (including book-jacket protraits of Francis Steegmuller and Mary McCarthy), built audio amplifiers and installed high-fidelity sound systems. There were also a few savings from my work on ships, A Rosenwald grant and its renewal, a small publisher's advance and, for a while, a monthly stipend from our friend and patron of the arts, the late Mrs. J. Caesar Guggenheimer.

Naturally our neighbors knew nothing of this, and neither did our landlord, who considered writing to be such a questionable occupation for a healthy young man that during our absence he was not above entering our apartment and prowling through my papers. Still, such annoyances were to be endured as a part of the desperate gamble involved in my becoming a novelist. Fortunately my wife had faith in my talent, a fine sense of humor and a capacity for neighborly charity. Nor was I unappreciative of the hilarious inversion of what is usually a racially restricted social mobility that took me on daily journeys from a Negro neighborhood, wherein strangers questioned my moral character on nothing more substantial than our common color and my vague deviation from accepted norms, to find sanctuary in a predominantly white environment wherein that same color and vagueness of role rendered me anonymous, and hence beyond public concern..."

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
@ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe , nah I wasn't tryna give you any advice (unless you want some)

I just saw the stuff you were working on in that site in your sig and was just curious

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Nobody is officially de-confirmed, but here are the Brawl characters not yet confirmed (in Tier list order):

Meta Knight
Ice Climbers
Snake
Falco
Wario
Wolf
Game & Watch
ROB
Ness
Parts of Pokemon Trainer (Charizard is back, but no word on Squirtle/Ivy)
Lucas
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf.
Jiggs, Ganon, C. Falcon will certainly be in the next game.

If not metaknight, I'm taking my guess on magolor.

Last edited:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Random interjection here, but I just got done rereading Majora's Mask mafia.

Holy **** I sounded ****ing insane. I'm thinking of getting back into mafia, but I won't be like that at all now. Holy ****.

Ashemu

Smash Ace
im guessing meta-knight will be back but as unlockable this time. makes a lot of sense since hes a "mysterious" character, less prominent than kirbs and dedede, and was also very very powerful in brawl

anyway sakurai make waddle dee playable or im not buying.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Nobody is officially de-confirmed, but here are the Brawl characters not yet confirmed (in Tier list order):

Meta Knight
Ice Climbers
Snake
Falco
Wario
Wolf
Game & Watch
ROB
Ness
Parts of Pokemon Trainer (Charizard is back, but no word on Squirtle/Ivy)
Lucas
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
the bolded are my best guesses for returns for not cut right now.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
For anyone that has Mario Kart 8 I created a Weekly Community.

150cc
No Teams, All Vehicles, No Goal limit (i.e points won't reset after a number of races)
Normal Mode COMs, Global
All items
All controls

Code: 3769-7791-3274

Now, not exactly sure how the whole thing works since this is the first one that I host, but I think the community should be up there for the entire week so you only need to input the code and you can join whenever. That's how it has worked for the othe communities I have been.

Edit: CPU is censored for some reason.

Last edited:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I can be the community's Official Race Finisher (last place).

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Well I am not gonna race right now cause its almost 6am and I am gonna sleep, but if it works the way I think it does, it should simply allow you to join in anytime after you've put the code once and start a race as soon as 2 minimum racers are in a room.

So its mostly a quick way to get dgame users to play together without having to set up, and just join the comunnity at the same time.

Also add me if you want NNID is Fandangox. g'night.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Random interjection here, but I just got done rereading Majora's Mask mafia.

Holy **** I sounded ****ing insane. I'm thinking of getting back into mafia, but I won't be like that at all now. Holy ****.
You better hit up the next mini-game in the stickied thread!

:059:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Great OPs:
Soul Eater
Soul eater's opening is just so impressive. The animation is MIND BLOWING with all the perspective changes and general excellence in animation. The song paces it all very well.
Fate Zero
Holy **** how to do a shounen opening 101. This opening used to and still does always give me goosebumps. The only complaints I'd have is lack of cool animation and the burst of activity is somewhere around the middle (which does allow for buildup).
zetsuen no tempest
Zetsuen no tempest did the smart thing and used anime scenes for its opening, giving it great animation. A bit of a generic yet cool song. All around pretty good.
serial experiments lain
SEL did great with its song. Imagery is very well done and fits the theme of the show as well as some perspective magic (which was really hard to pull off especially the day and age this was made)
tokyo ravens
TR's opening is a perfect mix of mystery and cool. That's basically all there is to it.
samurai champloo
Cool song that actually made my playlist, with excellent animation (that I'm pretty sure gets used in the show too but whatever)

Great songs:
Cowboy Bebop movie (ask DNA)
natsume yuujinchou (ano hi time machine)
chihayafuru (youthful)
mushishi 1 and 2 (sore feet song & shiver)
psycho pass (abnormalize)
hellsing (logos naki world)
JoJos part 2 (bloody storm)

tasogare otome x amnesia
Shoutout for using a full metal song in an anime OP about a girl

as for EDs, I don't check EDs often but one that comes to mind is Space Dandy's ED

Last edited:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
+1 to baccano, samurai champloo, cowboy bebop (a classic)

not anime, but I been watching orange is the new black recently and I never skip the intro. Same with the old Weeds intro

not OPs,
I wish soul eater went on for longer, probably one of the greater typical shounen animes
baccano was ****ing sick, I need to rewatch that... damn there are actually a lot animes I gotta rewatch.. Realized yesterday i forgot a ****ton of what happened in Death Note, Monster is also on that list.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
soul eater ending was disappointing... the manga was great from what i read but way too long. would pay for a season2 but instead we get this ****ty spinoff about little girls in the soul eater setting

Top Bottom