• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Gorfrogorfrogorfrogorfrog... You can go forever.

Honestly it's just a matter of difference in view. I'm not willing to argue that I'm right, mostly cuz I at least feel things are heading in the right direction, and those willing to fight (obviously Circus) are the ones who will help push the moral standings in the right direction. I don't feel like a victim cuz I'm a man, but I don't have it nearly as easy as my ancestors did in society vs non white males, and I feel like that's a good thing... Either that or I'm ignorant cuz I live in Miami.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Except this can't be objectively proven.

That said, I don't really see this discussion going anywhere meaningful at this point.

Someone pick a game in my backlog for me to start when I finish Advance Wars! (Preferably handheld, but console is fine too)

http://backloggery.com/Raziek
Damn on all the Golden Sun stuff. Impressive.

Finish FF7 or FF8 or Start on Final Fantasy 9.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
@Circus

What exactly are we pursuing when we strive for equality? Injustice and taking advantage of other groups is simply not a gender related issue, but one that is also documented along lines of race and income. Individuals like you and me witness and are taken advantage of on a daily basis when we are aware that the objective truth is far away from the reality we live in now. There is nothing wrong in using gender, race, and income as categories to target groups that are most affected by unwarranted discrimination and unwanted behaviors. However, ameliorating these grievances involves implementing measures that are skewed toward promoting them specifically and aren't effective to the common outliers that fall outside the target of such benefits.

Historically advocates for measures like equality aim for pushing one disadvantaged group of people to a better socio-economic class. However, success and advancing the race are ridiculous notions when we consider the reality of what it means to stand at the top of corporations, a certain job market, or any field that is funded by money. Standing at the top means that we take from those below us in order to empower ourselves. Minimum wage is a joke, there's no way that someone who even puts in the hours I do at work will be able to afford housing, decent meals, sleep, health care insurance, auto insurance, a phone plan, and other basic necessities in order to live in today's America. Minimum wage isn't even synonymous with a minimum level of living. However, employers don't care because paying their customers what it takes to actually live in today's America is too much overhead for the business and will cause the entire construct to come toppling down.

When you consider the conditions to the Affordable Care Act that employers needed to purchase insurance for workers who were above thirty hours, employers immediate reaction were to have chains cut down on their employees hours so that they wouldn't raise the estimated cost the company would have to pay to the government for health care allowances. Subway was an offender in this case and while significant figures in politics discussed that this was a problem with President Obama and the Affordable Care Act was a short-sighted piece of legislation, the real context is that the management of corporations simply do not care for the basic necessities of their employees beyond them being a simple bag of meat to push out their goods and rake in revenue so that they can push this money into their financial investment arm to rake in big profits. When you consider the sweat shops in poverty stricken countries and the fact that workers are stitching soccer balls and clothes for Nike for 20 hours to make less than $1 a day in heat wave temperatures do you really think that the management head at Nike can say with a straight face that prioritizing human well being is a central concern of interest?

Success and elevation in today's America isn't denied to someone because they are a woman, a black, or someone from a poor neighborhood. There is no doubt that getting to a higher place is harder, however they aren't denied for being born into one of these categories. They are denied because they are simply the easiest targets to continue taking advantage of and treating like they are nothing more than scum. When you are poor you can barely afford to live, when you can barely live you can barely afford to complain. When you are pushed to the point of complaining, you barely have the sense to formulate a complaint that will be heard. Even if you are heard, there is not likely a chance of there being a change unless they perceive you as a threat. If you are a threat, then they can close you out with a SWAT team of lawyers explaining why you don't have a single leg to stand on because you are poor and your pro bono attorney doesn't give as much a **** about winning the case against an entire firm of Terminator-trained legal assassins.

If anyone of any particular race or gender had a consistent flow of ridiculous money then it doesn't matter that what gender they are or what race they are or even what atrocities they commit against society. When money is used as the metric to dispense justice, broker negotiations, aid disadvantaged peoples, and convince others to spend most of their lives slaving away for a corporation then it is quite clear that even in our attempts to fix social disparities we are still fueling one core disparity that is an egregious offender to our sensibilities about human life and how people should be treated in the world. Those few who are empowered and run things at the top will play the same game that everyone else is playing in order to continue to climb the ladder and further themselves as individuals and likely taking from the same group of disadvantaged peoples that they came from.

Believing that equality is the running standard for this country is a joke. This country was founded on building dynasties on top of the suffering. When there are effective measures put in place to empower individuals in a an environment where it doesn't involve stealing the success potential of another will there be an elevation of concern for me to consider more macroscopic groupings like race or gender constructs. Until then we are all simply oppressed individuals trying to find a break in an already broken game that is constructed to be manipulative and oppressive to all the players involved.

Call me a ******, spick, chink, racist, *****, or ****. Frisk me at airports and have cops double eye me when I cross the street. Make me prep my morning wear for 30 extra minutes and have people expect that my career aspirations will elevate nothing more to being an office secretary who expects to get leered at by the male workers who turn the big bucks in the office and give me my pay checks. At the end of the day I can take all of that because that is simply the double-standard of the game as it currently exists and all I've known is to play the game as it currently exists in order to survive. The game was never completely fair and never will be. The game was always broken and will continue to be. You play it or you don't. You play to win or you play to lose. You play the hand you've got to the best or your ability. That's all there is and all there ever will be.

Last edited:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
But it's so good that it needed to be reposted.

Also, I won't know when the next time we'll be talking about male genitals is.

edit: penis

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
i like st. vincent it's nice

this has been random music post of the day, like for more updates

update: she literally just said "masturbate, take out the garbage" as a song lyric goddamn

Last edited:

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I mean I've known some people who have said that some people, not myself, but some people that I know that know people don't have straight male parts so what does that mean

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Of course gotta keep it classy.
People often notice when they're being checked out. So if you're going to be checking them out, just check them out. Doing it while you're doing something nice, if they notice, is just going to make them think that you did the nice thing so that you could check them out. (Which seems to be the case, so all the more reason.)

Of course, this assumes that you intend any sort of follow-through. If your game plan is just "check out as many butts as possible", you're doing a good job.

- Mr. Butt

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
nabe for some reason your quote messed my own formatting and i can't change it back to regular spacing because the HTML code on this site sucks

also rake you're not a bad person you're just a guy, coincidentally you're also rake and would think you're clever for disguising your good manners to take a peek at some girl's ass

Last edited:

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
I want to travel round canada and eventually the world and see as much ass as possible, then one day, I'll be able to find a girl with a great ass and say: That's the greatest ass in the world

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Also its not clever its just realizing there's ass right in fornt of me so I might as well use the opportunity

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I want to travel round canada and eventually the world and see as much *** as possible, then one day, I'll be able to find a girl with a great *** and say: That's the greatest *** in the world
I'll join ya

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
nabe for some reason your quote messed my own formatting and i can't change it back to regular spacing because the HTML code on this site sucks

also rake you're not a bad person you're just a guy, coincidentally you're also rake and would think you're clever for disguising your good manners to take a peek at some girl's ***
I know the old site had it, and it'd surprise me if the new one DOESN'T (on phone can't check easily), but there was/is an option to remove formatting.

Handorin

Smash Hero
People often notice when they're being checked out. So if you're going to be checking them out, just check them out. Doing it while you're doing something nice, if they notice, is just going to make them think that you did the nice thing so that you could check them out. (Which seems to be the case, so all the more reason.)

Of course, this assumes that you intend any sort of follow-through. If your game plan is just "check out as many butts as possible", you're doing a good job.

- Mr. Butt
Test

I know the old site had it, and it'd surprise me if the new one DOESN'T (on phone can't check easily), but there was/is an option to remove formatting.
There is a button to remove formatting. Replying to Nabe didn't mess up my post though.

Last edited:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm making an indie game with a team of talented individuals, and we're going to need alpha testers that are familiar with playing video games. That's you lot!

The game is a space RPG with roguelike elements. The combat system is reactionary, as you will have various equipment and modules you can use to damage your opponents or defend yourself against the enemy attacks.

If you are interested in being an alpha tester, let me know and I'll invite you to the super secret facebook group where I'll be posting file links and announcements and the like.

Being an alpha tester will involve playing segments of the game (rather than the game in full) and unfinished segments of the game that may use placeholder graphics and music and animations. At times it may not be pretty! It will also involve testing game features on your various computers to determine if it works as well as surveys where you will give your opinion on various aspects of the game.

The first phase will involve Combat Testing and initial game approach. On my end it involves a lot of spreadsheets, numbers, and algorithms and on your end it will involve RPG-esque combat using an ATB system and seeing if you can figure out what is what.

If you are interested, please send me a private message with your e-mail.

Please know that this is a closed alpha (that means please don't leak screenshots or files) and once we start testing we likely won't be adding in any more testers.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Eh, it's nice. I'm a bit biased as I am sick of hearing music like it (spanish music). But I like it compared to the rest (bachata) that is similar to it. I like the jazz part of it tho.

My parents might get a kick out of it.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Any suggestions for really good 11-player setups? Open or closed.

hi gheb
Pretty sure Bear and Fish mafia (SummonerAU's old setup) is 11 man. I run it all the time as an open but it also works as a closed (it was originally run as a closed)

The open version I use is:

Town:
VT x 6
Town Poison Doctor
Town Voyeur

Mafia:
Mafia Poisoner (Poisons one player each night, that player is announced as being poisoned and dies after the next lynch with the lynchee, can choose to permanently become a goon if the goon dies but can only make this decision the night after the goon is lynched)
Mafia Goon (NKs each night)

Indy:

Immunizer (starts off immune to poison, can choose one additional player each night to make immune to poison [cannot be killed by the poisoner], wins game if all players still alive are immune, full time bulletproof)

Its kinda janky but its fun and easy for using IRL.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Let's all sleep over at FF's place this summer! It'll be mad chill! :D

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol or y'all mo****as could make the long ass road trip to Rochester, NY this summer for a tourny in my hometown region and we can all get really drunk and/or high, play a ****ton of smash, and even more inebriated mafia

trust me it'll be worth it we have JesiahTEG and Gravy they're my bros and will provide ample melee/PM competition =D

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Any suggestions for really good 11-player setups? Open or closed.
Macman's Simpsons mafia had a very good setup ... Goon / Roleblocker vs Tracker / Friendly Neighbor / Mason Recruiter [1-shot] / Town Traitor + 5 Vanilla townies.

I can also help you making a setup if you wanna run something new.

:059:

Last edited:
Top Bottom