• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
is there any point to the alt accounts specifically for the setup besides for the **** of it?
The anonymity was a pretty big deal in a different game played on AiB. Reputation is a lot in mafia and having that removed has startling effects on the game. I don't think it matters for any particular game (meaning this one in specific except for the added bonus that people are able to discuss roles more freely without their stance on roles mattering as much), but I would like to see it done.

In the game we played previously, it was Players 1-14 (I think it was 14). We had some interesting things occur. For example, I played the Moriarty shtick and posted nothing but pictures. However, someone else started posting like me, and they sold it well. People gave them the same clout that I normally get which lead to a player who was considered good, but normally stuck in the background, becoming the centerpiece that lead the town.

Would definitely enjoy seeing who DGames is willing to lynch in an anonymous game (for the record, a set of anonymous accounts could be recycled for future games).

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
I've been kicking around an anonymous game idea as well for the past couple months. Been thinking of doing it as a mini.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
is there any point to the alt accounts specifically for the setup besides for the **** of it?
Having played in an anonymous set-up before, yes. Some players enjoy the freedom to escape their meta and just play the game without that trail following them. It's kinda fun too. People throw off their expectations of what you would do because they don't know it's you. I, for one, would enjoy it, because there seems to be a lot of paranoia associated with me (Nabe :glare: ).

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Would definitely enjoy seeing who DGames is willing to lynch in an anonymous game (for the record, a set of anonymous accounts could be recycled for future games).
Yeh, I planned to leave them around and let users rent them as they wanted to.

EDIT: Soup, hit me up. If I run a private in the near future, it'll be that Anonymous PYP with Vult Redux first but I'm always in the mood to host games and have set-ups.

Last edited:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
No, everything is done anonymously.

EDIT: Playerlist would be revealed in post-game. I'm still waffling on including a role that would be hunting players based on identity so marshy doesn't out himself as marshy as his reason for playing anti-town as ****. On the one hand, that would hopefully prevent that type of event from occurring. On the other hand, it might be fun to see multiple people try to claim to be each other and no one being the wiser based on anonymity. I know I'd laugh my ass off to see Nabe playing as Ryker in something other than a Pen and Sword.

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
No, everything is done anonymously.

EDIT: Playerlist would be revealed in post-game. I'm still waffling on including a role that would be hunting players based on identity so marshy doesn't out himself as marshy as his reason for playing anti-town as ****. On the one hand, that would hopefully prevent that type of event from occurring. On the other hand, it might be fun to see multiple people try to claim to be each other and no one being the wiser based on anonymity. I know I'd laugh my *** off to see Nabe playing as Ryker in something other than a Pen and Sword.
Make it a modkillable offense if they were to break their identity; the same with lying about it.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
How would you name the accounts though? Kinda of important imo

Off the top of my head I can think of Months, Zodiacs, Gemstones, and Colors.

#HBC | ѕoup

Player-1
Player-2
Player-3

etc.

@ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry ETA on this PYP? Would you allow us to choose the setup like we were able to before? I don't even remember how that didn't get off the ground honestly.

Last edited:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
How would you name the accounts though? Kinda of important imo

Off the top of my head I can think of Months, Zodiacs, Gemstones, and Colors.
Given that the theme is artificial intelligences, something along the lines of stuff from MegaMan Battle Network series with **** like file names and such and computer lingo.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Player-1
Player-2
Player-3

etc.

@ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry ETA on this PYP? Would you allow us to choose the setup like we were able to before? I don't even remember how that didn't get off the ground honestly.
Haven't heard back from Sprite. The set-up was already done to my knowledge, would just have to get a playerlist and accounts together.

I'm not modkilling players for revealing identities and especially not for pretending to be someone else. The latter one is a very cool aspect of the game, just see Drew's story up the page of the last time we played in one.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Yeah but those aren't re-usable like you want them to be. Unless you plan on having every anonymous game be megaman flavored

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
It won't be MegaMan flavored in the first place lopl. I'll come up with something and see if I can make these accounts on my own this weekend.

#HBC | ѕoup

make them all a play-on words of WashedLaundry imo

HungLaundry
DryLaundry
WetLaundry
CleanLaundry
DirtyLaundry

etc.

Last edited:

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Also why not just use actors as the anonymous accounts. Like Nicolas Cage, Robert Downey Jr., Morgan Freeman, etc.

the GLORIOUS meta joke of using actors to hide our real identity.

Think about it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Good idea though I can see ridiculous amounts of meta-speculation on who'd take which actor. It'd probably have to be randomized to prevent that from happening.

:059:

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
we flexin wine daggers now. ****s pretty cash dawg

as for the upcoming games

ran/sworddancer are next for the small/large queue respectively and they usually run simple setups so if youre into that you should stick around. i might join either and if i do ima holla at you

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
sucks for you chibo. you JUST missed an os game with its expected night action power role craziness

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I dunno that "complicated as ****" is any higher level. Simple, open setups lend themselves to higher levels of play, imo. Claiming actually means something, instead of people just claiming any ole thing in the hopes they will get to live. Things tend to be more pure in terms of the better team winning.

Last edited:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
sucks for you chibo. you JUST missed an os game with its expected night action power role craziness
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I dunno that "complicated as ****" is any higher level. Simple, open setups lend themselves to higher levels of play, imo. Claiming actually means something, instead of people just claiming any ole thing in the hopes they will get to live. Things tend to be more pure in terms of the better team winning.
Wow...

Vote: PrivateJoker-Brown

Top Bottom