• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Sounds fair enough.

Also, reusing the same old avi. But what ****, the moment I look close at it, it's immediately downgraded in its quality. This bothers me tenfold.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I was considering doing game stuff around here for people to earn Premium, I'd buy it for them, but I need to think of something that only 1 person can win and is pretty fun for people to get into.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I realized the day has come for mods to have regular sized red names. NOW IT DOESN'T LOOK DUMB. :B

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Yeh, it was a mixture of Sprite's original PYP set-up tied with the theme from the Death Game.

Given that Sprite was actually talking to me about hosting a PYP set-up here, I kinda wanna joint with him, let him run stuff, and I'll take care of the accounts and the flavor.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Pick Your Poison, PYP for short, is a game style where the game begins without power roles being decided immediately but rather giving both alignments a pool of roles to pick from. The game then begins in N0 (though I've been thinking about starting it on D0) where the scum pick Town's PRs and then it goes to D0 where town pick's scum's PRs through a vote. After these roles are locked in, the game begins like a normal mafia game.

So, for example, a 13-man set-up would include 3 Mafia Members, 3 Town PRs, and 6 VTs.

N0, scum would pick three Town PRs from a pool of 6 choices

D0, the town (entirety of game) votes on Scum PRs from a pool of 6 choices.

It's a fairly simple game but the set-up's a blast to run.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
They're talking about running it anonymously. As in, the mod creates a set of accounts and hands them out to the players. You do not know who is who, although all the accounts will stay the same player throughout the game.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Damn though, that reminds me I have a ****ton of ideas for different privates that I don't think I'll ever run. This is just a list of the ones that had a little bit of flesh to them:

1) Laundry's All-Stars Pokemon Mafia 2: The Good One

I was super disappointed after the first time I ran this flavor and I know I can come up with a better one. I wanted to introduce a mini-AGame mechanic that would decide a player's role based on the Pokemon they caught. This Pokemon could evolve, have items, carry certain moves, have abilities, and such that allows for dynamic play as the game goes on. I'd probably simplify that tremendously because the last time I saw a Pokemafia game this intense, it was a giant cluster****, and the host ran a much more simple game the next time he ran a similar flavor. Still, I did want to have a somewhat dynamic feel to it because Pokemon itself has a dynamic feel in the way the game presents itself, but getting all the moving parts together and into a complete balance was a nightmare and I never got far with the idea. I might pick it up again if there's incredible interest in this, however.

2) Durarara!!

Faction wars! Blue Squares meets Yellow Scarves meets the Dollars. It was a double mafia sort of game where the Dollars were fighting against both these other factions as they warred amongst each other. I never got far with this theme but I enjoyed the flavor. I just don't think I could top the Fire & Lightning Set-up in terms of a double mafia given that that's the most balanced double maf variant I've ever seen (and I've seen plenty). That and I think I would want at least 15+ people in this set-up and I don't think this site can muster something that crazy.

3) TWEWY

I love this game and I love this flavor. I know someone else ran it awhile ago before I joined but I think there's a lot of untapped potential here. I wanted D0 to be like D1 of the Reaper's Game: the day where you find a partner and reach Shibuya 101. The entire roster would be allowed to form partnerships with one another--this includes scum/indies. Players would then walk into Neighborhoods while carrying specific powers based on the pins they had. There was some meat to this set-up but I had a few ideas I had to throw out along the way (such as combining powers via fusions) that I stuck on for awhile. I do want to run something like this. I think I'd finish the set-up if there was interest in this as well.

4) Ballistic Serenade 2

This was a fantastic ****ing game held back on AiB where the mod separated the playerbase into neighborhoods based on different instrument families (Horns, Winds, the like). There were a couple of out-of-group roles as well that served a function in the game but I'm not sure if I'd include those. I think the idea of having game-wide Neighborhoods (not unlike KvK but that wasn't a mafia game) is a really nifty one and the way that game played out was almost legendary. The problem I have with it isn't getting roles or the set-up balanced for it, it's the number of players. Being able to do a neighborhood set-up like this well requires at least 16 players and I know I wouldn't have that many people on this site. We struggle to fill up 14-man "larges" now, how could I expect 16 people actively to play this one without completely saying "**** the queue and play this"?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Ballistic Serrenade sounds legit too lol
Again, would be down to host it, but I need at least 16 players. Even counting you, Nabe, and Ryker (providing they'd all want to play), that's not even a quarter of the game right there and that's not including if I want those two out-of-neighborhood roles that existed in the other game.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
3) TWEWY

I love this game and I love this flavor. I know someone else ran it awhile ago before I joined but I think there's a lot of untapped potential here. I wanted D0 to be like D1 of the Reaper's Game: the day where you find a partner and reach Shibuya 101. The entire roster would be allowed to form partnerships with one another--this includes scum/indies. Players would then walk into Neighborhoods while carrying specific powers based on the pins they had. There was some meat to this set-up but I had a few ideas I had to throw out along the way (such as combining powers via fusions) that I stuck on for awhile. I do want to run something like this. I think I'd finish the set-up if there was interest in this as well.
Oh **** I'd be all over this.You really need to make this one.

Also what was that game in AiB where people were locked into houses? I didn't play on that one, but I remember following it up a little. Do you remember how the set up was at all? I think it was hosted by Sprite.

Oh its ballistic serenade lol. Was so excited about the TWEWY one that I replied before finishing reading this.

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
2) Durarara!!

Faction wars! Blue Squares meets Yellow Scarves meets the Dollars. It was a double mafia sort of game where the Dollars were fighting against both these other factions as they warred amongst each other. I never got far with this theme but I enjoyed the flavor. I just don't think I could top the Fire & Lightning Set-up in terms of a double mafia given that that's the most balanced double maf variant I've ever seen (and I've seen plenty). That and I think I would want at least 15+ people in this set-up and I don't think this site can muster something that crazy.
I'd help you finish this idea as a possible private (which we haven't done in awhile)

Top Bottom