• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I forgot Zen never finished that little rakning thing that let you know where you stood with persuasion/reads/compromise etc. Would be cool to see.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
True. I mean what do you do when it comes to a player you objectively have to give a 0 to 1 star rating out of 5 because your objective assessment is that they are a far cry from reaching even mediocre level game play and you know that telling them this won't really result in any changes in their play but will just upset them. What's the point. The purpose of mafia is to utilize different people with different personalities and skills to reach a common point of view and a collective decision that either results in misleading them or routing out the mafia. I think that a rating system goes against the core principle of this game, but then again there are other elements I dislike present in a steady community mafia site that I feel off set the game rather than actually emphasize skill or adaptability.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
The point of rankings is to individually evaluate a single player from a series of conditional games involving collective game mechanics. Make no mistake, rankings are entertaining. They are fun, they are a good read to see who is on top of who or on the bottom of who for whatever reason. But if I'm really in a community that is going to quibble that one person is better than the other because they both fossed the same person but one fossed the mafia faster than the other person, had the better argument for lynch than the other person, or made the decision making vote that determined the mafia got lynched then honestly get me out of there. Rankings can't escape the community's bias because the game exists within a collective thought process involving subjective opinions and the ranker's bias as he factors in his own opinion to try to equalize any aberrations might exist within the community's bias while creating the ranking. All communities have certain biases and strong meta that shape the culture in which games are played. You can assess someone with any amount of given stars for their ability to play the community or the players present in given games, but the scope of this game is so much larger than just this forum board. Being aware of the variety in mafia that is played elsewhere and how much the game changes within a set time span, looking at the skill level of a single moment in time just comes off to me as being a very small part in a much bigger picture.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Oh you were talking about ranking people. Yea that ****'s dumb but like skill is definite in mafia. You can tell and critique a person's play and be 100% accurate, because it's real. Ranking it is dumb.

Handorin

Smash Hero
So, it's 2:30 am

Worked tonight, wanted to leave around 11pm. Car wouldn't start. Call roadside assistance, after awhile, they send a couple guys to try and jump start or push start my car. Doesn't work. Call my friend, he thinks my starter is out. Call roadside assistance back for a tow truck. I couldn't get one because TN is under a state of emergency because of all of the snow and bad roads over here. Call my friend back, had him drive to my work, took him 30-45 min because of the roads, pick me up and drive me home, 45min away with these roads again, and then he had to drive back out to his place, another 45min at least I'm guessing. Car is still at work, dead. I'm hoping to get a ride to my workplace tomorrow with a coworker that lives nearby so I can be there for a towtruck, if I can get one.

So even though school is canceled and I'm off of work, I have this to deal with. Fun.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm thinking of giving a valentines card to some random girl in my glass. Rather, I don't know her, but I'm just gonna give it to her just cuz.

Will post results on the 13th

I even made a poem, which remains confidential. hehehehe

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
>_> I'm 24

plus that's how it works right? You ask out some girl in class you find cute. Don't see the prob with that.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Pretty sure ran's poem is something along the lines of:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I'd really like to go out with you
And one day put my **** in you

Ranmarru said:
plus that's how it works right? You ask out some girl in class you find cute. Don't see the prob with that.
Usually once your past 16 you just strap your nuts to your chest, walk up to them, start a convo and if you hit it off, ask them out. Valentine's day cards are a sweet sentiment sure but for like, younger kids. Maybe if she's a romantic it could go but having a crush when your older generally means approaching them as opposed to mushy cards imo. To me it was always: give a card to that cute girl in school and she'll put 2 and 2 together.

Edit: that being said it never hurts to try something unique and who knows maybe she likes it. At least you took a step which is more than some would do, so good on ya!!

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
>_> I'm 24

Dude that's the type of **** that Hollywood wants to make you think works. Unless you have da chiseled abs n buns of steel you'll probably just end up coming off as a creep. Cuz, well, that's creepy lol. Innocent thought, but creepy nonetheless.

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Most girls or women I know aren't really that romantic. If you gave them a card for valentines they'd probably find it "cute" in the same way they find a little baby cute but it doesn't make them magically fall in loe with you or feel attracted to you.

:059:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Corny Valentine's Day romance is not something you should whip out on a stranger. You wanna make a romantic gesture, do it for someone you're already dating. That said, a Valentine isn't exactly "over the top romance".

You wanna give her a valentine? Buy one of those packs of a bunch of cheap little cartoon wutevers that everyone passed out in elementary school, and just go around passing them out to everyone. Hers, however says, handwritten, "Hey cutie, call me sometime" with your number. Don't publicly single her out though, or you make it awkward.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Holy **** I am so happy and this is after I overslept and missed my first class for today.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok I'll scrap this idea then. Maybe I'll do it if I actually get to know her and i dunno.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I should mention, that I'm busy as always. I'll be fully committed to everything, including mafia games.

I go to Martial arts 3 times a week. Strong lifts three times a week (I tried it today). Classes in the morning m-f. Then occasional tournies/hang out on the weekends.

Right now is homework time. So I'll be college active, but not "Ran is in thread all night" active.

Top Bottom