• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Playing Brawl Lucario causes terrible rolling habits, because his roll is so good that you get away with it too much :/ Plus Brawl has so few grounded movement options to begin with. At least your habit is rolling away. I tend to roll behind, and apparently my friends do not punish me for it enough, because I noticed the **** out of it any time I played other players.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I think the thing that was most illuminating to me was what a difference is made by having a strong scene to practice in. Your improvement from last year was a total shock. You went from being someone I barely had to think to beat to someone who had me ****ting my pants and going into hyper-focus mode. (See: End of Game 2) I said it in the hotel room, but I want to make it clear how seriously impressed and amazed I am with respect to how much you improved.

I feel like I only won as a result of experience, haha. I was able to pick up on some of your habits a little faster than you picked up on mine. However, you started bodying me late in the set for trying to land in front of you. I'd be interested to see how a re-match in another year's time would turn out. I'd wager you'd be better than me.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
god raz double jumps a lot
ruy you oughta not use things that punish landing (i.e. a smash, your nB) unless the opponent used their double jump or you can react to a really early airdodge or whatever

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
god raz double jumps a lot
ruy you oughta not use things that punish landing (i.e. a smash, your nB) unless the opponent used their double jump or you can react to a really early airdodge or whatever
@swordgard and @C.J. said the same thing to me, but they also commented that I typically pick really smart times to double jump. It is, however, one of the main reasons I had a lot of trouble with MK for so long. That style meant I ate grounded up-B for free, and it's only recently that I really adjusted to that.

If there's one piece of advice I can still give to you, RR, it's that you still have a tendency to hit buttons in response to every situation, rather than to play re-actively. You're hitting BETTER buttons than last time, which makes a huge difference, but I want you to take a look at your second and third stocks of Game 4 (Battlefield) and note how I wasn't trying to FORCE damage despite being on my final stock of the set.

Start at around 17:05. I d-tilt, jab, then wait to see what you do.
17:14, after you airdodge onto the stage from the threat of falling fair, I dash in and grab you, because I'd conditioned you to expect DB in that situation. I jab you, push you onto the ledge, and you start giving me free punishes on get-up attacks.
17:24, I walk in, crouch for a potential d-tilt, then react to your decision to dash attack (which I think would have possibly beaten my d-tilt) and shield it for another punish.
17:34, I jump off-stage to prompt an early recovery and trap it with a retreating nair.
17:40, the TINIEST short-hop backwards to bait an action.
17:56, Jab, d-tilt to apply pressure, then I realize you aren;t taking the bait and back off with retreating nair.
18:10, double-jumped DELIBERATELY to bait a fair.
After getting tossed around a bit on bad fairs, I notice I'm getting daired a lot, so I adjust...
19:02, jumped specifically out of dair range.
19:05, single hit DB to see how you'd react.
19:12, again, JUST out of dair range.

I do many of the same things on my final stock of the FD game.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
man ryu you had raz's number in that second and third round.
end of round 3 too good though
Yeah, he came out really strong in both Game 2 and 3, I just happen to be really good at playing from a deficit. The set very easily could have gone his way on just a few critical decisions.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
see the thing is dont take that as a big compliment as I only understand Captain Falcon. And i dont play competitive smash

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Looks like Ryu is coming after Jigglypuff blood with all of the improving he's done since I've last seen him. Goodness. ;_;

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Next time we play IRLmafia we should record it and post to show how awesome we are.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's cool. I'll just remind you next time. Which I hope is in the summer in one of your houses somewhere. We should call it Dgames Slumber Party or something

ROAD TRIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
So I'm considering taking a semester off one of these days and backpacking through Europe. I'd definitely plan on visiting myself some euro DGames AM I RITE?! AM I RITE?!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So I'm considering taking a semester off one of these days and backpacking through Europe. I'd definitely plan on visiting myself some euro DGames AM I RITE?! AM I RITE?!
Work on meeting US dgamers FIRST than Euro dummy

also guys

I want to make a group about coding (like web design) and videogames (and host tournies). What should I call it?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Pfft yea right I wouldn't go to Euro for the sake of meeting Euro DGamers it'd just happen cuz I'm there exploring. Besides I met the only one that matters already

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's pissing me off that my week is starting off slow for the semester due to the snow. Ugh. (As in, things aren't getting done as fast as I'd like them to and then I'm going to be slacking in school due to not doing things on time because ****ING SNOW)

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I'm not particularly comfortable with being recorded. At the very least I wouldn't've played well.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Raz still waiting for dem shout outs *tapping foot*

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Shoot-oots:

Ranmaru - Was damn good to see you again. Hope you enjoyed what you could get of the Fuzzy Peaches, and IRL mafia was a hell of a time. I said most of what I wanted to say on Skype already, so uhhh.... Good seeing you, hope to see you again next Apex or something! We'll have to play more UNO next time.

Ryker - Do you really need a shout-out? I talk to you all the time anyway. Enjoy your gift, and I'll enjoy the money I got from frauding you out in our Project M money match. You better get out of pools next time!

BSL - Mah duuuuuu. Blackshirtgrabass was great. I still find it hilarious that you ACTUALLY thought Ryker and I were both scum Game 1. Like, come on sir. Nidhogg was super fun too. RIP your fuzzy peaches, sucks that Trey ate them. :(

Frozenflame - Absolute pleasure to meet you for the first time, sir. The Pick-up Project M Doubles was super fun, and big ups to you for hosting the IRL mafia on Sunday, that was the most fun I've had in quite some time. Thanks also for the advice on my play, I really appreciate that.

TheYungKevinM - I wish I could see you every day dude, you always have me rolling. Tons of fun playing Project M and junk, I just wish you'd have played in one of the mafia games. I wanted to see if you lurked IRL <3. Try not to money match people drunk next time, hahaha.

Red Ryu - I've said most of my stuff for you already, but it was great to see you again. You've already had my comments regarding the money match. As for the IRL mafia, you honestly just need to learn to lie to people, haha. The difference between your Town and scum play was so obvious that I actually can't believe Ryker lynched you in LyLo. See you at the next tournament we go to, you'll probably beat me next time. D:

Sworddancer. - Was great to meet you as well! We didn't have that much time to hang out since you weren't staying in our room, but doubles and IRL mafia was super fun. Apologies again for scum-reading your behavioral habits, that was my bad. xD

Trey - ZzZzZZzzzzz......

Glyph - You're exactly as hilarious as I expected in person. Thanks for the badges, the laughs, and for bodying Ruy so hard in Game 1 of IRLmaf. Sorry Ryker threw it away Game 2. <3

Bardull - Didn't expect to see you there, but it was a pleasant surprise, and I really enjoyed having you in the IRLmaf game. Sorry for shooting you, but not really. <3 Hopefully our paths cross again someday.

I don't thiiiiiink I forgot anyone, but if I did, feel free to yell at me, and I'll deliver a shout-out quickly.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
RYKER FORGOT ABOUT THE THING I POINTED OUT IN GAME 2 LOL

he got stuck on that setup stuff, which I didn't want but maybe I should have said something? Or was my position not good enough because of my dung play? (For me to say "Hey let's focus more on reads etc)

Also it was fun seeing you too man and understood. Yeah I liked the fuzzy peaches, thanks bro. :D I will deff be at the next Apex, so hope to see you there or somewhere else as well. ALSO UNO WAS FUN

GUYS JUST KNOW I WON THE ONLY UNO GAME WE PLAYED

hehehehe

Top Bottom