• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Secret Santa 3!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Disclaimer: Thank you OS and Ryu for creating the template to use for Secret Santa, I just changed minor things to update things!

Hello there everyone! As you all know by the copious amount of Holiday ads that are beginning or in some areas the prescence of snow has begun to accumulate in your backyards, it is getting time for a lot of people's favorite holiday. Christmas time! What a better way to help break in the holidays than planning a Secret Santa 3!

What is this?

This is DGames secret Santa, where each of us will send a secret gift to each other. Everyone s gonna be anonymous in who they are sending gifts to and will be unaware who they are getting a gift from. In the end we will be showing who sent who what, but only when we receive the gifts.

Sign-ups end December 3rd. (this is to keep the deadline short and to also to keep in turn with the number 3 haha)

How do I sign up?

Send me a PM with your full name, address, and an e-mail address you can be contacted at outside of Smashboards. This will be the address that they send the gift to, so if you are going home for the holidays from college you should probably not put your dorm address and get a failed delivery.

Please also let me know if you would be willing to:

A) Ship outside the US / Europe / wherever you live (this can be more expensive); if you do not agree to this you will also not RECEIVE gifts from outside your country

B) Send additional gifts if someone gets the shaft

I will be assuming the answer is no if you do not respond.

Then in the same PM you put your likes / dislikes / pertinent information as seen below:

Likes: Bazookas, Mafia, RPGs, flights to South Korea and Japan for two, fully functioning death stars

Dislikes: Rap music, skunk scent, tomatoes

Pertinent Information: I own a Wii and an Xbox 360, I'm allergic to kryptonite, and have a small kangaroo as a pet
That's it! You replace my silly Likes / Dislikes with your own. Please don't add any pictures and try to keep it simple.

While it's nice to know something specific when buying something for someone and it's always nice to just tell someone "I want this video game" and then get it that won't be the method we will be using for this Secret Santa. This can put some constraints on those without money during the holiday season (if I said "I want a new nylon string classical guitar", you're either going against my list completely or will go broke) and can make people feel like they've failed if they can't find or afford those specific items. List plenty of things so you can be surprised and be vague if you can!

Keeping it vague means that everyone gets to buy gifts of their own choosing, which means we should be sending and receiving more unique and interesting gifts than we may be used to from our family or friends.

Please take special note of the pertinent information section. Knowing what game systems someone owns or what their shirt size would be is nice and all, but knowing things like allergies is important.

How do we do this?

1.) All gifts sent should hit the $10 threshold. This is mandatory, make sure what you are sending isn't a pop sickle stick figure. It has value either handmade or bought. If you can't spend $10, don't sign-up at all.

2.) Your sign-up info needs to be completed before anything can be done, or I cannot accept your info and let you participate.

3.) take pictures of your gift after you receive it, it's what makes this work and it's really fun to the experience.

4.) make sure you send your gifts out by the weekend of December 13th so it can get to who you send it to around Christmas. We want to make sure your gifts end up at it's destination around the date.

5.) You must be a regular around DGames, Regular in the sense you play at least a decent amounts of games, most people should be able to join this.

6) I will only be putting myself in this if we have an odd number of people. I would love to participate because I love giving gifts and I haven't really been able to participate in the first or second one but otherwise I am extremely happy to be setting this up because it means the community is able to give more and more people are able to participate without having to worry about being the person in charge of it.

7.) If I hear, personally, of anyone getting the "shaft" from gifts, I will be sending them a gift personally. If someone signs up to help those who get shafted (which I am highly doubting will be the case) then we can use that as well if someone feels that passionately about it.

Friendly reminder to all!: This is something that is done for fun and not something that is done to receive gifts and be selfish. This holiday is about giving and making others happy. So please, I encourage everyone and all who participate in this event that helps bring the community together during an awesome time of year to please have fun and also to try and make whoever your secret santa is as happy as you possibly can. I thank you all for reading this and also for participating in a great tradition of DGames!

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
100 ins.

@#HBC | marshy and I had a deal from the TCG that he's gifting to me, he can confirm this.

I'll get mine in after work as well.

Last edited:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Let's not start by disallowing people. I am willing to allow but if it happens another time I will be dealing with it personally. The holidays are a time for happiness and allowing people to try and be happy. I remember in Secret Santa 1, Soup did send a gift and I tried sending a gift to Marshy but it never appeared due to mail shenanigans.

Regardless, I am willing to let people have a fresh slate and just have fun, that is the main thing here.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Let's not start by disallowing people. I am willing to allow but if it happens another time I will be dealing with it personally. The holidays are a time for happiness and allowing people to try and be happy. I remember in Secret Santa 1, Soup did send a gift and I tried sending a gift to Marshy but it never appeared due to mail shenanigans.

Regardless, I am willing to let people have a fresh slate and just have fun, that is the main thing here.
His gift was to Seph and I never heard a word of him trying to send it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I don't believe in proper grammar and spelling, in fact in any informal communication I try to include a minimium of two mistakes, as part of my protest against the english language.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I've /inned. I don't want a present from someone who can't spell.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Aight im /in. Two weeks left for signups, right? Hope to see some more people turn out to be honest, the more the merrier IMO.

Should have my info in by the end of the week.

Playerlist:
  1. BSL
  2. marshy
  3. Raziek
  4. Zozo
  5. Gorf
  6. Blue Ryu
  7. Ryker
  8. adumb
  9. S2
  10. Kary
  11. YOU??

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
also for what it's worth, @ #HBC | J #HBC | J how do you feel about tagging everyone with a dgamer postbit and see if they're interested? I don't want to bug people, but I do want them to have a merry xmas :3

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Aight im /in. Two weeks left for signups, right? Hope to see some more people turn out to be honest, the more the merrier IMO.

Should have my info in by the end of the week.

Playerlist:
  1. BSL
  2. marshy
  3. Raziek
  4. Zozo
  5. Gorf
  6. Blue Ryu
  7. Ryker
  8. adumb
  9. S2
  10. Kary
  11. YOU??
...I forgot what thread I was reading and panicked when I saw my name on a player list...

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
  1. BSL
  2. marshy
  3. Raziek
  4. Zozo
  5. Gorf
  6. Blue Ryu
  7. Ryker
  8. adumb
  9. S2
  10. Kary
  11. Zen
  12. Laundry
whats the max number of players? can i sign up as a replacement?

xD lol

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
If you haven't gotten in your secret santa things to me, please do! We have a good list of people but we could have more if you guys would like!

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you haven't gotten in your secret santa things to me, please do! We have a good list of people but we could have more if you guys would like!
Aaaaand that's where Dietz steps in.

/in

(I'll get that PM out after I eat something)

Last edited:

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'll in it.

Sending info later. Er now cause ill forget

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hi everyone! Just posting a friendly reminder that the deadline for signing up is December 3rd which is this Wednesday. Please be sure to sign up if you haven't already and everyone will be getting their names the 4th or the 5th time permitting on my end.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Hi everyone! Just posting a friendly reminder that the deadline for signing up is December 3rd which is this Wednesday. Please be sure to sign up if you haven't already and everyone will be getting their names the 4th or the 5th time permitting on my end.
Playerlist:
  1. BSL
  2. marshy
  3. Raziek
  4. Zozo
  5. Gorf
  6. Blue Ryu
  7. Ryker
  8. adumb
  9. S2
  10. Kary
  11. Zen
  12. Laundry
  13. Dietz
  14. Mac
  15. Chaco
this is good numbers, me like-y. J what % of people got their details in just out of curiosity?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Huh our lists are different Kary lol.

Everyone who has sent me stuff has gotten all their details in.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
You should probably post the list of people that are confirmed signed up with you, J-bear (or do you think that defeats the point? Seems like people who signed up may not have actually signed up which causes confusion and oh gawd what is goin' on here.)

Also, I'm /In again, got mah monies.

Last edited:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hey guys! I am just letting you all know that I will be sending out the names today. Just needed to finalize some people's information. I will be editing this post with a full list of people who are in it by like 6-7 *depends when I get back from dinner. If you wish to sign up this is your last chance to do so! Otherwise names will be going out later.

1. BSL

2. Gorf

3. Sold2

4. Xonar

5. Laundry

6. Ditzy

7. Macman

8. Chaco

9. Kary

10. Red Ryu

11. Zen

12. Ryker

13. Bardull

14. Raziek

15. Marshy

16. J*

*I had to put myself in so that there was a fair amount of people into the mix and I am sorry that I couldn't fully abstain from it but if I did not then one person would be left out. If someone comes in and really wants to be apart of it, then I will step out for them.

Names going out with details shortly!

Last edited:
Top Bottom