• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Archive (Updated: SEP 19th 2014)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What're you saying? What are those numbers?
5 games for one badge/medal, then 20 games to show that you are getting your feet wet, then 45 to show you are a regular member, and 100 to show you are a crazy mother ****** that doesn't have a life, but is PROBABLY awesome at mafia by this point or ... something.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
no no no, it's not a progression thing. You get a postbit for playing X games (I propose 5). We can't have more than one postbit, so it ends there.

if you get MVP in games you play, you can get Medals. These don't show up on your posts, as they are not postbits. Medals only show up in your profile. They aren't earned by playing X numbers of games, they're earned by getting MVP, to replace the old postbit system with red/gold dice.

This is the system marshy proposed. I like this system. Do you propose something different?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
  • Ah ok. nah im down with 5. I mean still down with his proposal.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
This all seems good to me.

White dice is perfect if we don't get a new postbit, but I may actually flex my creative muscles and try to make a shady character we can use if it comes out looking good. Five games seems about right if we can only have one, it's obtainable for the curious but not for those who flake out. I can dig the medal system as well since it's tucked away and less likely to make people gripe like the old postbits occasionally encouraged.

Rajam

Smash Champion
BUMP!!

this can move forward now that i have concrete answers on how this new interface interacts with ****

iight. so theres a distinction when it comes to xenforo and its usergroups. theres 2 aspects to it. the first is the medals that are awarded on completing various ****. anyone who has mvp can view this by clicking on their profile and going to awarded medals. you will see dgames mvp (or ++ depending on what you have) and a brief description on how you got that

we can ALSO have a postbit activated. except we can only have ONE due to admin johns. this means we cant do the old system of red dice applying to *****s with 1 mvp appearing as a postbit and gold appearing for *****s with multiple. if we have a postbit IT HAS TO BE FOR ONE UNIVERSAL REQUIREMENT

we can also change the outline for the medals. this way we can BOTH recognize the current mvp system in addition to slapping on a postbit for whatever requirement we want

so whats it gonna be? i had liked the idea gheb/nabe mentioned earlier about dice postbit being used to make that **** more visible and achieved on x games but if we go that route how many games and what color dice? should the medals shown under *****s profiles stick?

my own opinion is that we keep the mvp **** as is under the medals and have the postbit be based on x (i dunno the number) amount of games completed/hosted. this way we get the best of both worlds cuz mvps are still recognized in some capacity while the community gets to enjoy a universal way to say yo i post in this room on a smash brothers site. i think the colors for the current awarded dice are kept the same while the community postbit can be white. alternatively someone can post different photoshopped colored dice and we can choose. if theres a lot of diverging opinions i can do a poll but thats kind of a pain in the *** and slow but ill do it depending on how much disagreement there is
imo after making the OP I'd say 10 games is an all-around solid, easy-to-remember number to achieve dice for playing X games.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
5 is a better number IMO. 10 is actually quite a bit considering an average game takes a couple weeks to fill then 3-5 weeks to complete.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've got to agree here.

10 was only a good number before because with multiple postbits there could be a "finish a newbie" dice first. If we only have one we have to make it obtainable, 10 games would take over a year for newcomers no matter how you slice it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So I've been thinking about this whole thing and where I stand on this. It's a bit of a longer read but it reflects pretty accurately on how I feel about it so please read all of it if you care:

[collapse="My opinion"]I don't give a ****[/collapse]

:059:

Handorin

Smash Hero
So I've been thinking about this whole thing and where I stand on this. It's a bit of a longer read but it reflects pretty accurately on how I feel about it so please read all of it if you care:

[collapse="My opinion"]I don't give a ****[/collapse]

too short, didn't read

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Make the postbit 6 games, not 5. Six sides to a standard die, and the fact that it's not as common a number as 5 makes it more memorable.

"Hey brah, you've got your Six! Congrats."

Also
Now is the time for pink dice
The hero DGames deserves and also the one that it needs

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I really like that DG, but I also really like the Dice. I think I prefer standard die over the 3-d one, though.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
:thumbsdown:

the pink dice have absolutely NO swag to them whatsoever. how am i spose to get ******* rockin them thangs? time for some real swag. gimme a minute

#HBC | Nabe

Shortlist (the ones that are actually good):

Showcases the name of the community. Distinct from the dice, which are for Medals. Letters are hugging each other because we are tightknit badasses. Neon, because we are the seedy nightlife of SWF.
Front-on die suits the grid format very nicely, and gets across the idea of games immediately. Looks clean, unlike the double dice. Pink, because that is swag as ****.
Chess piece, because dice are actually random rather than decisive. Emphasises that DGames hosts games of skill rather than chance. Knight, because it's the most iconic piece.

the pink dice have absolutely NO swag to them whatsoever.
:emptysheep:

Last edited:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Shortlist (the ones that are actually good):

Showcases the name of the community. Distinct from the dice, which are for Medals. Letters are hugging each other because we are tightknit badasses. Neon, because we are the seedy nightlife of SWF.
Front-on die suits the grid format very nicely, and gets across the idea of games immediately. Looks clean, unlike the double dice. Pink, because that is swag as ****.
Chess piece, because dice are actually random rather than decisive. Emphasises that DGames hosts games of skill rather than chance. Knight, because it's the most iconic piece.

:emptysheep:
I don't hate the chess knight. I think something other than dice (which, as you stated, represent games of chance) is certainly in order.

swag lets TURN UP!!
I think we have our winner.

We'll see what Dietz cooks up, but the wine glass is the one to beat.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Wifom, doesn't really convey what Dgames is about though; especially if we're trying to use the post-bit to attract new players.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i like the wine glass cuz it has subtlety to it. dg is pretty lame cuz its like HEY WERE DG. its like if the debate hall had the letters dh instead of their scale. dice representing chance isnt bad cuz mafia DOES often have chance in it. theres a chance you might get ****ty teammates and get ****ed over by them. theres a chance youll get a ****ty role or a ballin one. the wine is cool cuz mafia is wifom and judgment calls. a user on the outside lookin in will see ****** with the wine glass flexin like yo what the **** what does wine have to do with a game what is this feel me? it piques that curiosity without being too esoteric (cuz ****** will learn its meaning in their first game) while the ****** who do get it appreciate it

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I actually really like what the wine does. WIFOM is like the epicenter of mafia, and its representation of that is awesome.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I like the chess one but it'd be a bit misleading because in the pool room there's a chess thread and I think they do tourneys every now and then. I actually kinda like Kantrip's suggestion tbqh.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
something similar to the one kantrip posted would be cool, but not that one. It looks like ****. I'd be down for some cool looking mafioso dude.

#HBC | Nabe

wine is not so terrible, I'm mainly being obstructive for the sake of it
mafiosos drink wine, Italy is the quintessential wine region, so there's that affiliation

please implement pink dice as a hosting-related medal
please implement white dice for completing a first game

something similar to the one kantrip posted would be cool, but not that one. It looks like ****. I'd be down for some cool looking mafioso dude.
It's an EpicMafia rip, he was being facetious

Also if you're curious about tagging J, go to my post with all the postbits as I do it there

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wine only makes sense to people after they've played several games of mafia.

All we'll get across with that one is that we're all lushes.

I'm working on a symbol in the vein of the Epicmafia trollolol but that doesn't look like ****.

EDIT: K I think I'm happy with it. Shamelessly adapted from Civ 5's spy symbol and made forum color and size friendly; they'd have wanted it this way lol.

(this version should look the best on both dark and light backgrounds)

Last edited:
Top Bottom