• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Archive (Updated: SEP 19th 2014)

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kinda, I'd be a little sad if we went with wine. If people hover over a picture of wine and it says "Dgames" they'd be inclined to think it's some kind of drinking contest, and that's not at all what I'm about. It's intriguing for the wrong reasons.

That said it's still more interesting than some of the other ones, like the just "DG" one etc.

If we go with one of these ones shown so far my vote goes like this:

=
>

Pink dice is sooo good for another medal tho :p

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Oh, the conflict with "Drinking Games" is actually one that would seriously matter...

Hrm.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Kinda, I'd be a little sad if we went with wine. If people hover over a picture of wine and it says "Dgames" they'd be inclined to think it's some kind of drinking contest
Oh, the conflict with "Drinking Games" is actually one that would seriously matter...

Hrm.
who the **** is actually going to hover over a postbit and think theres a secret club for drunkards on a smash brothers site? what the ****?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Well when you put it that way, it does sound pretty stupid, but it could be something not that unreasonable to think.

I mean, that might not be a bad thing if it made them want to figure out what D-Games was, haha.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's vague though. And then when they click on it, they won't find anything about drinking. YAY.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
that...is such a good idea yet so simple and obvious i think its funny no one thought of that yet

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Nah, we can't use the gallows. Everyone would just think we play competitive hangman all day.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
**** the numbers would almost work out tho

e = mafia ninja (so silent)

y = mafia traitor, obviously

c = indie lyncher (goin' after k and s of course)

would get mad confusing if J signed up

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol. If we do go that route, we probably don't actually need a dude IN the noose. That's just a whole 'nother level of unnecessarily creepy for a postbit. It's a p. nice postbit for what it is though.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah the second looks the best to me too. Looks like we have another good candidate for postbit

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
**** it lets just change postbits every month well be that one group ****** notice cuz we always flashin a different kind of swag

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
pretty macabre

as usual, Nabe is right up my alley

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
We should use a pillory or a guillotine imo.

Nooses have certain connotations.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
In all seriousness, I actually like the flat pink dice best. It's clear, noticeable, and represents DGames well.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Devil's Advocate: Although we might as well just be considered a Mafia subforum, Dgames is technically meant to encompass more than that. A more general representation of that probably would make more sense. I mean, we do occasionally run adventure and riddle games and then never finish them.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
A hanging wine glass? Now who's macabre?

We should use a pillory or a guillotine imo.

Nooses have certain connotations.

I agree about the nooses.
mafiascum is branded with a noose I mean we want to avoid that association

**** it lets just change postbits every month well be that one group *****s notice cuz we always flashin a different kind of swag
Can we actually do that? Is that a thing we can do?

Thing is though, it's more motivating to be like, "Did you get your Wine yet?" than, "Did you get your ever-changing DG postbit yet?"

Devil's Advocate: Although we might as well just be considered a Mafia subforum, Dgames is technically meant to encompass more than that. A more general representation of that probably would make more sense. I mean, we do occasionally run adventure and riddle games and then never finish them.

as usual, Nabe is right up my alley

Last edited:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Guillotines give other connotations; not the same ones as a noose.

obv

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Nooses. Killing yourself. Whites used to do it to blacks back in the day. I get it. But really who's going to see a postbit of a noose and think "ooh a group of suicidal people on Smash World Forums," or "Is this the white supremacy side of DGames?" The only game that's ever been played here where guillotines have been involved was Rusty Guillotine (a setup we should TOTALLY reuse btw). Aside from that the flavor is lynching. How does one image a lynch? With a noose :)

Top Bottom