• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Archive (Updated: SEP 19th 2014)

Handorin

Smash Hero

For the sake of argument.
@ #HBC | Joker #HBC | Joker
I don't know why people are still arguing. These are the best. Hands down. Classy and encompasses most of the games we do here. (In an Agame, you have a new face every game, so having a blank neutral face is fitting, or you just don't use an icon with the face.)

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Yea, it'd be cool if we all universally liked one option best, but we clearly don't. Either take a vote, or say "**** it" and let marshy make the call. I like most of the options on the table.

any one of these would be sick, imo. No argument about how it could be misinterpreted is valid. Just pick something cool, and roll with it.

Last edited:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, at the end of the day I'd be cool with p. much all of them, even wine if that was the majority pick. But I'mma push the ones I really like if possible ofc :p

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Okay. Frankly, while I can agree with pretty much every opinion that's been made, things are getting drawn out.

The point has been raised that DGames isn't just mafia -- this is true. But we're mostly mafia. Furthermore, the majority of games here are about shadowy figures in the night, and people arguing in the light.

These are the postbits that embody the DGames atmosphere. We play sly, but we have fun, we're classy, and we're swag as ****. In the case of Wine, we deal in WIFOM situations all the time. It's smart. Wine's my favourite, because it's very different from the impression put out by any other mafia forum on the web.

And think of the reasoning for getting it: you've played several games, you've earned your Wine or your Hat, congrats, well done. No one wants to earn a Noose.

As for dice, red/gold are going to be Medals anyway, so white and pink should be Medals as well, and shouldn't be part of this.

W.R.T. specific wine postbits, the one above is best because the reds are deep hues that draw attention.

W.R.T. specific hat postbits, the one above is best because it looks clean and contrasts well with the dark black standard themes of the forum that most people see. The hats on heads are cool, and suggest more mystery, but they don't pop. And again, there's the "I've earned my Noun" mentality that doesn't mesh.

Last edited:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's a profile of a shady character in a trenchcoat w/ hat.

Maybe my adaptation of it into a postbit was bad :\

Maybe you can get a cleaner version of it? This is what it looks like in a non-postbit form:

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
hi zv!

i gotta hit yall with the :thumbsdown: on the noose cuz thats stealin mafiascums swag when ours cant be replicated

nabe you can theoretically combine any 2 of the avatars suggested in here aye? meaning we can just choose the 2 most popular and most everyones happy? if yes what does it look when you mash the 2 you posted in 326?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh, if you just ripped that from a game then thumbs down, pick something else :p
Oh sorry, yeah that's all it was lol. I thought peeps already knew when I said I was getting the Civ 5 swag on

But if that ruins it for everyone knowing it wasn't my original creation then we deffo don't have to use it, its just exactly what popped to mind for "shady character"

nabe you can theoretically combine any 2 of the avatars suggested in here aye? meaning we can just choose the 2 most popular and most everyones happy? if yes what does it look when you mash the 2 you posted in 326?
Put the hat... ON the wine! GEINOUS

Realtalk the wine next to the noose is pretty good. It makes it clear we aren't about drinking or killing people specifically, but something weird and different (mafia). (I can't believe I just said that sentence and it wasn't even a joke)

Last edited:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
We could make it a dagger or somethin; like the infamous psycho knife.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Man, if it ends up being a fedora I might have to turn it off. I get the shady figure thing, but yeesh.

I don't really have a strong opinion outside of that, if I'm honest. I dig the puzzle piece if we're trying to keep things G-rated.

Not like I go anywhere outside of Dgames anyway. It's a big, scary world out there.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
We could make it a dagger or somethin; like the infamous psycho knife.
the image of a dagger and wine alongside each other is awesome. its like gentlemen eating together while some are secretly plotting to kill each other aka mafia. thats swagged up

it relates to the plotting and backstabbing thatre prevalent in agames and other **** we pretend to play around here as well

ive earned my dagger and wine to satisfy nabes erection for the noun requirement

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
the image of a dagger and wine alongside each other is awesome. its like gentlemen eating together while some are secretly plotting to kill each other aka mafia. thats swagged up

it relates to the plotting and backstabbing thatre prevalent in agames and other **** we pretend to play around here as well
I got your back on this one, Marshy.

And not with a gun or a knife.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Am I the only one who thinks the noose/wine/guillotine looks kind of tacky and boring? They don't really draw the eye or inspire me with the coolness, wackiness, or fun that is Dgames. I'd still prefer some form of colorful dice or even just the DG logo.

The other postbits look like they were ripped from some kind of clipart database.

Last edited:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
The only other thing I can think of is a magnifying glass, and that seems uninspired because it's everywhere as a symbol for "zoom" online.

I support the idea of wine and a dagger though, that's got some extra mystique that the wine alone just doesn't convey.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Wine and dagger?

I hardly know 'er!

#DadJokes

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I haven't posted here in AGES, but go for the wine!!! It would look cool plus a glass each day has health benefits unimaginable thus improving the community overall... "Wine could preserve your memory. When researchers gave memory quizzes to women in their 70s, those who drank one drink or more every day scored much better than those who drank less or not at all". Also they say a bottle a day keeps insanity at bay (good for cops), so it's a no-brainer

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Ya know, people always talk about how wine is good for you, but that's basically bull****. Yea, wine has a ton of stuff in it that is actually very good for you, but ya know what else has all the same stuff? Grape juice. Ya know what has even more nutrition? Grapes. The alcohol really has nothing to do with it, other than replacing the sugar during fermentation, which actually just causes you to absorb different anti-oxidants, not necessarily better ones. You want an alcoholic beverage that's really good for you? Drink beer, it's way better for you. Unless you're watching your weight, cuz beer makes you fat. It basically has 2, 3 or 4 times as many calories as wine, depending on what ya get. Beer too good.

As for the postbit, yea, wine is significantly better for you than a noose, a guillotine, a hat, or a knife. Wine is the healthiest representation of mafia we have to choose from, far and away.

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
As for the postbit, yea, wine is significantly better for you than a noose, a guillotine, a hat, or a knife. Wine is the healthiest representation of mafia we have to choose from, far and away.
hats are good for you though.

swag

I endorse wine + dagger

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Ya know, people always talk about how wine is good for you, but that's basically bull****. Yea, wine has a ton of stuff in it that is actually very good for you, but ya know what else has all the same stuff? Grape juice.
Oh please...

Would you call yourself a top mafiosi godfather if you were drinking grape juice?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Oh please...

Would you call yourself a top mafiosi godfather if you were drinking grape juice?
Yes. I do drink grape juice. I make it from the vineyard I extorted from some guy after I left a horse's body without a head in his bed.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Have the dagger leaning on the wine glass.

Last edited:
Top Bottom