• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Melee Thread! 10/20 Little Rock, 10/27 San Antonio

Sybawave

Smash Ace
<.<;;

Y'all don't have to just play at Sethlon's place. communicate with each other and see if y'all can set something up yourselves. Don't just rely on Pinkie Pie and Sethlon.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
I'm busy today too :p Yall should play with Syba if he's down. Also, the Hunger Games were pretty good, sometimes a bit lacking but not completely terrible. Have fun!

taylosun

Smash Cadet
Where are my Houston area Melee players? We have a small group that want's to go play some weekend and we need some info.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I'll be back up there during the weekend of the 7th.

And no I'm not coming to your tournament. I think. Pretty sure I won't be. I'll just be there. Letting y'all know that I could take your money, but won't.

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to go but I'll need a ride as per usual. I'll text thoraxe and see if he's down

edit: yeah we'll be there

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I'd like to go but I'll need a ride as per usual. I'll text thoraxe and see if he's down

edit: yeah we'll be there
Legitimate

Hunger Games is the shiz.
Yeah, I thought it was pretty good. Well, minus the shaky-cam.
Have you read the books? I've only read the first myself; wonder if they're going to movie-tize the whole series.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I've read them; the first one is definitely the best. The last 2 become less about deathmatches and more about pondering which boy she likes best.

Considering the movie made $155 million its opening weekend, they're definitely going to film the whole series.

ruok

Smash Rookie
Anyone know where I can find smashers for Rowlett? I'm blood thirsty for some Melee...

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
There are no words for how hype I am about another FC

I've been to many out of state tournaments, and the FC series is the best one hands down. If any of you guys have ever had even an inkling of a desire to travel for smash, you'd be doing yourself a disservice by missing this one.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yo guys. I know we don't hang out like we used to, but I am currently trying to bring the rest of Oklahoma out of retirement for FC. I would love to coordinate with my Texas brethren about travel plans and show some of the youngins what a real Melee event looks like.

I figure if we get a large enough travel group going it would make things a lot easier on us all. The real problem is going to be getting the flakes(i.e. every Smasher EVER) to commit to something ahead of time, lol...

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Awesome. I know me/emily/darkrain are all super interested, we'll have to keep contact to see if something can be worked out.

PS; I still shout SHORYUKEN every time luigi's upB sweetspots <3

Sybawave

Smash Ace
XD I just call his move that. Shoryuken out of shield is the best thing ever. The Move overall is just way too good. But it's the only thing Luigi has going for him. His hadokuen sucks.

:phone:

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Smashfest at my place this wednesday! I sat down and finally figured out how to work melee music hacks, so there'll be that on the main set up.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Woo, I'll be there. Not sure about the Melee hacks, it'll be super weird playing this game after so long with different music. I've played with the texture hacks a few times and it's completely mind****y. Plus, for some strange, stupid reason, I like the game music and it's never gotten old for me.... :p

Yo guys. I know we don't hang out like we used to, but I am currently trying to bring the rest of Oklahoma out of retirement for FC. I would love to coordinate with my Texas brethren about travel plans and show some of the youngins what a real Melee event looks like.

I figure if we get a large enough travel group going it would make things a lot easier on us all. The real problem is going to be getting the flakes(i.e. every Smasher EVER) to commit to something ahead of time, lol...

Sethlon, maybe we could possibly start an FC attendee list in the OP to keep it centralized and easy to reference, esp for Okies who may not follow our thread? Also, Jesi said she wanted to go too. I'm also dragging Mike along with me and he's old :p so he may just want to fly.

Denthorn

Smash Cadet
If anyone's interested, I'll be hosting some melee tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon at my place in Denton, starting at around 3. If anyone needs the address or something just drop me a pm or text me at 817 471 7391. Also, setups are always appreciated, I've got one full setup with an extra (albeit small) tv, and we're looking at about 4 or 5 people so far with just Denton players soooo.... yeah.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
If anyone's interested, I'll be hosting some melee tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon at my place in Denton, starting at around 3. If anyone needs the address or something just drop me a pm or text me at 817 471 7391. Also, setups are always appreciated, I've got one full setup with an extra (albeit small) tv, and we're looking at about 4 or 5 people so far with just Denton players soooo.... yeah.
I'll be there around 7pm I suppose. I'm going to stop by Graham's first since I never go by his place when I come play and I really should lol.

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
Hi Denthorn, I just posted in the facebook group with your number and stuff. I'll give you an update on the response in a few hours. Btw, I won't be able to make it :( but I'd like to go up to Denton maybe next week sometime?

Top Bottom