• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Melee Thread! 10/20 Little Rock, 10/27 San Antonio

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Eli$ keepin it real. Glad to see you found our thread. Join our facebook group too! It's in the original post.

Looks like next Smashfest is Wednesday at Sethlon's place, who lives very close to the tournament venue. This should be super close to you!

KUSH.

Smash Apprentice
heyy sethlon would it be cool if i stopped by tommorow?:bee: i shall bring a setup and tv. I pm'd you my number, good sir.

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
Someone else needs to play Captain Falcon.

I can't have my only vs. falcon experience be against Darkrain and Mojo, that's ****ing depressing as ****.

And Tai, you don't count you play errybody

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Better players tend to play more than just one character. And unless you can beat his Falcon you shouldn't be complaining.

I'll be up in Dallas in two weeks. Not sure for how long but I want plenty of smashfests.

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
And unless you can beat his Falcon you shouldn't be complaining.
That's my point, the only other Falcons in my region are out of my league. I can't beat them, I have no chance to beat them. I can't learn the match up against darkrain, I just get combo'd for 80 seconds.

The only thing I managed to gather from playing him last night was that I shouldn't get grabbed or hit, ever.

Which brings me back to: someone should pick up captain falcon so that I'm not ********-bad at the ditto.

Tyranny

Smash Cadet
I've been secretly practicing Falcon in my room since Darkrain has been coming to our smashfests. No worries Penguin, he'll be unleashed soon enough ;D

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Better players tend to play more than just one character. And unless you can beat his Falcon you shouldn't be complaining.

I'll be up in Dallas in two weeks. Not sure for how long but I want plenty of smashfests.
Ok, I think I'm going to try playing Fox again. Let's do some intensive workshopping.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I think you should just stick with practicing make sandwiches.

Y'all should come to Houston's next tournament. Houston is full of Falcon players and not the kinds that just play him just to play him. We're actually good with him.

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
Someone else needs to play Captain Falcon.

I can't have my only vs. falcon experience be against Darkrain and Mojo, that's ****ing depressing as ****.

And Tai, you don't count you play errybody
I can teach you the mu, if you want.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
He does know Sybawave resides in Houston. Probably doesn't want another massacre like the last time. It's understandable why he's hesitant. Won't be a surprise when he johns out though.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
SMASH TONIGHT: Either at Epik Cards in Irving off Story Road or at my place in Dallas near Dallas Love Field off of Medical District Dr. If you have a preference, let me know. We'll have a final decision around 3pm. Text me if you're interested: 817-901-8230

The difference:
Epik: more central location to some, we'll have a $5 tournament (house rules), we'll get some new players and you guys can play YuGiOh ><
My place: more setups since I already have two, Jimmy Johns, it's MY apartment so there's a bit of freedom involved if you know what I'm saying (I don't have any green, fyi), don't have to deal with obnoxious YuGiOh nerds.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
He does know Sybawave resides in Houston. Probably doesn't want another massacre like the last time. It's understandable why he's hesitant. Won't be a surprise when he johns out though.
I'd love to see him "john you out" just to piss you off. God he would **** the crap out of you.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Me too. Basically what Sethlon does to poor little mt. Btw if anyone wants a 2$ mm with him then do it now. He's taking all offers and the entire city of Houston just took him up on it.

:phone:

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Plan looks like my place for smash tonight, I'll keep you guys posted when it get's finalized.

Alright my Smasher darlings, SMASH FEST at my place tonight at 7pm.
My address:
2222 Medical District Drive
Dallas, TX 75235

Call me: 817-901-8230

Noobs welcome to come, just give me a call/text beforehand so I know to expect you. Murderers not welcome, go find someone else to kill.

Directions when you get here: I live right above Jimmy Johns and Thai2Go. Park in the parking garage next to Jimmy Johns and then call me.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So I might be in Dallas this Wed-Sat. Any tournaments/fests I could crash while there? :O

holla tejas

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Hello Meno, what area in Dallas will you be? I'm almost always down to play - I live downtown. Feel free to text me 817-901-8230

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Hi Hannah, things are pretty tentative right now. So far, only Sethlon and I are interested in going, so I just need to figure out if I'm down with driving. I'm leaning toward yes because there just hasn't been enough Smash in my life. Talked to Von, he said he'd be down to house us. I'll let you know when we get our **** together.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure that no where in our texts is there evidence of me saying that I would house you.

Also, of course Dallas would only send you two. Pathetic little faggy players wouldn't ever bother traveling to other cities just to get their ***** wiped and maybe even possibly get better by experiencing new things. What huge **** ups. It's ok though.

Also, LOL@ there not being enough smash in your life. Sounds just about right coming from Dallas. With some people play time doesn't correlate with skill but in this case, there seems to be a strong relationship between the two.

Will this city ever get better?...

Rhetorical question btw seeing as how the answer is and will remain "NO."

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if I should be upset that Von posted this because it might make you hate Houston and not want to come or be happy that Von posted this because it might provoke the rest of Dallas to come.
Oh well I guess Von's trash talking has gotten people to attend things before.

Von please house people ;_;

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
Well, I wasn't going to go, but Houston and all of its players sound just so inviting and friendly now!

Sign me up Emily

edit: lol @ hannah's post, didn't even see that

Sybawave

Smash Ace
It was actually in response to that other *****es trash talking in our thread. L2readwoman. You do enough of that on reddit. You should be able to do it here too. Come on now.

Also, I hate you and your loyalty problems. You're so bad at picking sides. Just shut the **** up next time and let the boys do their work sweetie.

And I can't. Why don't you house them?

Sybawave

Smash Ace
LOL Of course they'd get their mod to do something about it. What more could I expect from Dallas? Living right up to every ounce of their expectations.

Oh wait just kidding it was that fagget from Austin LMFAO. I actually didn't think UTDZac would do anything about it. You just posted at the time I got the infraction. My bad for assuming.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
1: you cant provoke the soul-less hive mind that is dallas. why even pad the bracket with that trash, i cant stand people who use this game as an excuse for a road trip or whatever and dont get better.

2: hannah you shouldnt base your opinions of vons truth-posts on the fact that you want high attendance to riceguy

3:if dallas/austin/whoever had any sense they would go to riceguy out of any houston tournament, its the free, padded with rice richboy garbage, scrub-friendly houston tournament.

of course dallas wont show up because they have no initiative and they are all coming down from he high of their scrubby *** dallas only tournament.

Top Bottom