• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
so guys, ive been telling people i was going to do my own monthlies for awhile. here's what i got so far:

itll probably be at my house until too many people come

i would only do games that are played in our region by our community (probably melee, brawl, and mvc3)

I would charge a venue fee (probably $5 or so) and would only reduce it if you bring a setup we ACTUALLY use

dont know how the rules really go for mvc3 and melee, but i will have janky *** rules for brawl that goes as follows so far

1. I'd liek to see how this rule pans out because i dont like how GF's/LF's/WF's are being ran these days

I would like to try out a rule i thought of recently where stalling--in addition to ledge grab (which the number will be changed by me)--will also be measured as air time vs ground time.

2. I would only charge a venue fee because i would like to introduce a side award for style. Random subjective amounts of points will be awarded by whoever is watching for being flashy/hilarious. an example for brawl would be how dakpo plays in general.

in marvel i found it hilarious when i was in KS that ky dropped a combo on holms on purpose and flew away cause the timer was about to run out anyway.

this will be funded by a %, if not all of the venue fee. which possibly means that the style award could get more than 2nd place hahahahahhahahahah.

3. 3rd place would at least get their money back, regardless of how many people showed up.

Any thoughts?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Denti what the **** just host the tournament without a god damn super cat

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I foooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuund it!

sorry Texas PR for posting there :(

me in the PR said:
Attention pl0x:
me and my brother have been looking for venues tryin to get a tourney in Tyler going.
Possibly bi-monthlies or something if all goes well.
But we need people who live in the Tyler area (Tyler, whitehouse, lindale) who would be possibly willing to house.
The more housing, the better tournout, the funner tourney, the higher prize money.

So if your in Tyler and don't mind houseing for about a night, feel free to VM me or Labernash.
I know zigsta wants to make it out if someone can house him.
And who wouldn't want to house zigsta?
Let us know, cause we can't house

Also note the tourney could take us a month or so to lock in a date and make a thread.
Need to find a venue first off.
But willing people would be fantastic.
Kthxbai.
Added to that, I MAY have found a great venue in an Anime and Video game store that has a room in the back for game tournaments :DDDDDD

so who ever showed up would be in the brawl Back Room for the tourney....

getit cuz.... back room for brawl....and.... BR.......k

Dakpo

Smash Lord
so guys, ive been telling people i was going to do my own monthlies for awhile. here's what i got so far:

2. I would only charge a venue fee because i would like to introduce a side award for style. Random subjective amounts of points will be awarded by whoever is watching for being flashy/hilarious. an example for brawl would be how Dakpo plays in general.

Any thoughts?
LMAO I like the sound of your tournies already :)

milesg2g

Smash Champion
So I'm just gonna assume it's a tourney. I'm also gonna assume I missed out because of miscommunication. I'll probably see you guys @ some other tourney I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom