• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Clearly, spot dodging all the time is more important than greasing up a goat.
Haha, u DID forget to mention the magic number of times I have to spotdodge; 2 or 3 in a row won't cut it. :)

Dallas, you guys gonna be at HOBO?

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I need to practice with my new characters pretty hardcore guys, is anyone open in the next couple of evenings for some practice? I get off of work at 5 and it's pretty close to all you guys up north :p

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
Where do u live?
I need to practice with my new characters pretty hardcore guys, is anyone open in the next couple of evenings for some practice? I get off of work at 5 and it's pretty close to all you guys up north :p
1444,lake hill, dallas TX,75089

if anybody wants to play any time during the week just call/pm/text me i get home at 3:00 from school:)

EDIT-972-310-1993(my #)

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Hacked Brawl is too much fun! Maybe There's a smashfest friday? I might go to it and show you all the wonders of hacked Brawl.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hacked Brawl is too much fun! Maybe There's a smashfest friday? I might go to it and show you all the wonders of hacked Brawl.
Isn't it?!?! I've been doing some testing with Kal for the SBR and I think it's absolutly amazing. And I mean I already love brawl lol.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I am hereby disappointed.

The city previewed in Diablo 3 is not Ureh, it's a city in Kehjistan named Caldeum. Weak. They'd better still put Zayl in it, ****it.

</diablouniversenerd>

Edit - Joke's on me, I do 5 minutes of research and find this at the Diablo Wiki:

"The Lost City of Ureh is seen in the cinematic trailer exactly as it is described in the Sin War novels. This has led to much speculation regarding the player meeting Zayl the Necromancer. It was confirmed to be Ureh in a concept art released by Blizzard after a few weeks of the release of the cinematic trailer."

As well as a couple more pieces of good information:

"The entire quest system has been revamped. Along with the main storyline quests, there will be character specific quests as well as random adventures - mini quests generated randomly on the map. "

"The player can explore almost the entirety of Sanctuary. The outdoor environment has been left unspoiled for 20 years and looks more like a fantasy setting. The dungeons are still randomized but the random map generator has undergone an overhaul. "

"In co-operative play, loot is dropped for individual players. So, one player cannot see what the other gets. This was done to encourage trading between players in a group and reducing thievery. Co-operative play remains as the core of multiplayer, with a drop-in, drop-out feature."

"The mode of travelling will be similar to Diablo II. 4 Acts are present, each roughly the same length as those featured in its predecessor. Not every act has a central town however. Differences have been made to the waypoint system however, a new waypoint (checkpoint) having been added. This makes it easier to return to different places in Sanctuary"

"Fatalities also made an appearance in the Diablo III gameplay trailer, on the last boss fight of the trailer, the Siegebreaker Assault Beast picks up the male barbarian and bites his head off. Fatalities on players may make death a more fun experience in Diablo III. "

"A beta has been confirmed, but its release date is unknown" <--- WOOT!

"Diablo III will end the storyline that began in the original game. However, it has been confirmed that it will not be the last game of the franchise and new storylines will develop. Chris Metzen, vice president of Blizzard's lore department, knows where the story will go after the game." <--- woot?

There's a lot more fun info, like new equipment slots, the return of Elixers, and the change in the Rune system from being weapon-based to being skill-based.

Go looky - http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Diablo_III

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Unlimited access to Sanctuary? Good god I am going to become all-powerful at this game. I'm kinda crossing my fingers for libraries worth of history within the game, tho. (A la Diablo where random tomes gave a lot of information about random ****.) I love the random quest generation coming back, too. Kinda makes it truely replayable. If the Heavens thought that the Nephalem were trouble, they dont' want me when this game comes out.

[/nerdlyerd]

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
I've been talkin to Xyro about rulesets. I believe the end result will make everyone in TX happy.

I'll discuss the matter later this weekend with everyone.

Edit: I believe it has been done. The new ruleset for Xyro's future tournaments regarding grabs and locks will look like this.

1-Chaingrabs are limited to only 5 and then release on any stage.
2-Ice climbers must hit their opponents in the middle of a chaingrab after 3 grabs.
3-Locks of any kind may not exceed ~100%.
4-Grab release setups count as a chain grab (see 1).

For Texas...you all are welcome.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I've been talkin to Xyro about rulesets. I believe the end result will make everyone in TX happy.

Edit: I believe it has been done. The new ruleset for Xyro's future tournaments regarding grabs and locks will look like this.

2-Ice climbers must hit their opponents in the middle of a chaingrab after 3 grabs.

Huh? Those are practically the exact same rules....the IC ones are actually worse.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman

those are pretty much the same?

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Uhh, I'm free from like 4:30-9:00ish pm every weekday if anyone would like to train on wifi. I'd really apreciate it, I never get any training except for friendlies at tournaments and random people on wifi. Besides my friends, but they're all pretty bad and don't care about brawl. I have one friend who plays semi seriously and hes an ike, but its a more commensalistic relationship with him, he benefits from playing me and I just get a little better at beating side smash spam happy ikes. So yeah, I think that if I actually got to play more than 2 or 3 brawls at a time occasionally with a good brawler, then I'd start to improve. I'm sorry I'm only available on wifi (going to dphat's once every 2 weeks is pushing it) but I'd really really apreciate it if someone could train with me.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Huh? Those are practically the exact same rules....the IC ones are actually worse.
Yeah, besides who all would really use IC's at a tourney? Hylian, Melee1, and I? Limiting the IC's even more isn't really aimed at a large target...

I wanna hear Lee's stuff, I think some of the rules set up are silly. Limit standing release grabs to 5 in a row because time does become an issue with those, and for the other CG's and stuff like tilt locks just allow them without any restrictions.

Edit: I could also see about MAYBE limiting Dedede's standing CG on those certain characters, but that would be it as far as limiting CG's, locks, etc.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Big words? dictionary? nah. I blame latin. And books. Yeah I kinda want to become an author when I become an adult (or 16) so like I don't even notice it :D.

edt; o darn i thik i messplased my dicshunshary

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Big words? dictionary? nah. I blame latin. And books. Yeah I kinda want to become an author when I become an adult (or 16) so like I don't even notice it :D.

edt; o darn i thik i messplased my dicshunshary
Don't worry bout it Ruddy. Well spoken-ness makes you look very educational and shows aspirations to become a great person. Keep it up.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
<lots of reading>

Whatever this rules **** is said:
I mean seriously, what did this actually change?
Use the SBR rules. Seriously, how can you justify making changes to rules that are already working just fine and have been worked on by hundreds if not thousands of pro-level Smash players? The Hobo rule set was already pretty out of whack and now you're making the rules that cause it to be out of whack needlessly complicated.

Limiting chain grabs/grab releases, tilt locks and super situational scenarios really doesn't do anything productive. In fact, you're taking away major weapons and core strategies for more than one character in this game. To a degree I can understand banning Metaknight due to his overwhelming dominance of the tournament scene, but I really don't see any reason to effectively ban chain grabbing: a major role in many characters in the game.

I can understand limiting an infinite (i.e D3 chain grabbing someone on a wall) to a certain percent to stop people from abusing that to run down the timer. Hell, I can understand limiting infinites period since they're degenerate to the play of the game, but I don't understand limiting things like DeDeDe's or Falco's chain grabbing. Those are techniques paramount to a character's strategy and not super broken to the point of being degenerate and game-breaking. For instance Wario's standing infinite on Donkey Kong is degenerate and should be limited, but I see no reason to limit things like tilt locks, (it's your own fault for getting into that situation and you can smash DI out of most of them anyway) character-specific non-infinite chain grabs, (just tested it to make sure: 5 down throws from DeDeDe is roughly 33% including hit decay and 5 from Falco is roughly 37%, neither of which is a game-breakingly significant amount of damage) or any sense in banning a core strategy across multiple characters.

It seems to me that instead of doing Texas a favor you're trying to manipulate the rules to whatever you personally think is best. What you're doing is removing a player's freedom to play whatever style they want; you're stifling the playing field rather than setting it free. The rules are there to enforce a structure in the gameplay, not to enforce the style of gameplay istelf which is what you're doing. I have not once heard anyone complain about chain grabbing ruining a whole tournament; every complaint I've ever heard has been situationally specific and I've already said that I can understand those situations being limited and/or banned (i.e DeDeDe + wall) for reasons other than the restriction of gameplay.

In short: What you and Xyro are trying to do with the rules is having the opposite effect you desire. You're not opening up new options by limiting the techniques you've limited; you're actually only restricting the gameplay further than necessary and I believe that this will adversely effect the game.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
Does online really level you up? I don't have access to that, my comp is ridiculously lame.
not enless u play face to face often, like i dont get to play people face to face often:( thats why i play wifi and i did get a bit better but playing u guys in person is 100 times better:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom