• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
vladmir looks super op...

that is all
Y'all are garbage if you think he's broken.. he looks like a better malzahar... get cleanse you good. I don't know how people think cleanse-able ult characters are good.
For real. Me and PX talked about it when they first showed just the concept, no screen shots or anything. Immediately we both said "If this guy doesn't get a ridiculous drain range, he's just gonna be averageish".

His ult is cleanseable? It's not like ignite? Garbage. Auto minus 10 points.

Also: to stop his own regeneration, Executioner Calling or Ignite. A character entirely founded on regeneration is not gonna like those things at all. I haven't looked at his base stats, but unless this guy is pretty tanky he's just gonna be a squishy with nearly the same regeneration as others with an ignite on him, that doesn't offer the DPS or utility they can.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
He builds tanky/health automatically b/c of his passive, but his spells cost a huge chunk of hp, so ignite still ***** him.

Only thing gay about him is Sanguine Pool. If his ult is cleansable, he sucks. Quicksilver Sash = gg Vlad.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, final call for our ARK II tournament in central AR on July 31st. We have 10-15 players from the DFW area already coming in for SSFIV (among other games) and we'd love to have smash representatives also. We'll have at least 8 different tournament (SSFIV, T6, Brawl, Melee, BlazBlue:CS, TvC, HDR, and a Mystery Game Tournament).

Our last tournament had over 70 players from 5 different states and a total pot value of over $1000! I hope some of you guys feel inclined to come and win some money or just have a good time!

Here's the official link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=281258 but if you just post here, I'll read it and reply also. Thanks so much!

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
derp we just put in a useless item (gunblade), looks like we better make a champion that uses it as a core item. derp

I want a teemo and mordekaiser buff. These nerfs they threw out were obvious crap. Where the buffs? Why didn't morgana or amumu get a nerf? ARGH!

Suspect

Smash Hero
If I hold a legit lowtier tourny, how many people will come?

It would have to be on a sunday tho cause im only off sundays and mondays, i work nights the rest of the days.

$2 venue fee
10 singles
drinks and snacks

hmm?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Yeah, Vlad doesn't seem that amazing to me. He can live a long time, sure, but if his ult can be cleansed... eh. Also, I have yet to look at him in detail, but he doesn't do much damage, does he?

I'll give him this-- he looks kinda fun judging by the champ spotlight, but I'm in no hurry to buy him.

Edit
Where? When? I would like to go.

Suspect

Smash Hero
at my place here in San Antonio (i live by nike for anyone wondering) and mid to late august depends on when everyone is free.

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
I ended up finally getting an account for LOL after lurking this board for so long and yall talking about it. Definitely has been taking my time as of late. So...questions!

After finding out why i couldn't play at 6:30 this morning i saw vlad and the patch notes. I don't even remember his ult that yall are talking about being cleansable but wtf about sanguine pool? That is what freaked me out in the spotlight. How am i gonna hit this fool? How is my tower gonna hit this fool? I play sion so he scares me a little. Thinking about the match that i'm gonna play after it's done updating, I dunno how I am gonna handle xin and vlad on same team. I guess my team would or I'll have to play someone else.
I originally just messed around with characters just so I would quit getting surprised. But sucking with many characters without a backup one to up my confidence made me sad. So now I play Sion all the time.

This turned into a really large post. Really just seeing more thoughts on Vlad besides get better at the game. But now that i think about it that is all people were saying on the lolforum

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
Vladimir isn't a problem if u play vs him correctly. Imagine him being a more nuke based anivia. Think about it.

You can't kill anivia without doing something stupid.

You dont want to be around anivia without doing something stupid.

Play Vladimir as if he were anivia. Dont commit unless he's SOL option wise.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Lol! That song annoys me xD I really wish I could play LOL with you guys. Unfortunately, our newest comp is a Mac and my 3 or 4 yr old Dell laptop gets fluctuating fps :\

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
how is the smash scene doing in Dallas? Still well? I'll be seeing you guys in less than a month now. I can't beleive I'm going to be done with my bachelors in a week. Time certainly flys- this is why it's important to always make the most of it and treasure it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
MUMU SAD

Lol Damien that guy got trolled so hard

LEGENDARY GUNBLADE

LEGEN DARYYYYYYY

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Only bad Vladimirs spec tank. His damage output is pathetic if he does. I called it the day I played him on the TR, his best build currently is Mejais/Rylais/ZR. He's a decent character but far from OP, and if you see anyone ban him then you should queue dodge their ***.

In other news, I was 1550 yesterday in solo (ranked ~240) and then got 3 incredibly bad teams in a row so I dropped below 1500 after just 3 ****ing losses. **** this game.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
---
Things that make me happy about SC2:
---

Instant build supply depots.
Bunkers with 6 slots and a cannon on top of them.
A group of 10 Thor units.
Medics that heal twice as fast as normal and take 1/3 less energy per tick.
Selecting some combination of 73 marines, medics, firebats, and reapers at the same time.
Reapers.
Missle Turrets that fire an extra volley of attacks per shot.
The Ghost's Snipe ability.
Killing Zerg with a giant pool of lava.
Making 2 units at the same time from the same bunker/factory/starport.
Lowering supply depots so units can walk over them.
The arcade game in the bar.
Assigning groups of units to their own easy to click tab that selects them all again for you.

And all this from playing about half of the campaign. Anyone want to play a couple online later? I suck, so it's free points for you.

Edit - My email is infinitysmash@gmail.com if anyone wants to add me.

Laser_kirby_007

Smash Apprentice
Hey all

I'll be moving to UTA area next month. I'm LK from Puerto Rico. I went to pound 4 if anyone remembers my name. Anyone else at/near UTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom